Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Under Bed Skirts & PVC Coated Polyester.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Under Bed Skirts & PVC Coated Polyester.

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 8:05 pm

Looks like I might now start to have some understanding of the gas struts.
We have had members progress with raised and uprated suspension.

What other goodies do Dandy owners want?
Under bed skirts look popular.

So how are under bed skirts fixed into place?
How do they relate to the sides and roof.

How many sources of PVC do we know.
If we can find one at the right price do we look at a collective purchase?

There isn't that much to Dandy's.
It's my belief that by understanding how the basic components work, looking for non obvious sources and if necessarily group purchasing to discount the components you can have all the whistles and bells affordably.

I did get a quote for skirts, can't remember at this point, but I can't see how you could end up looking at £200+ for attaching less than 10m2 of PVC to the side of your Dandy.
So show me how sadly I've misunderstood this.
Get the cameras out show the method of attachment and as I'm a bloke and don't do fabrics find me purveyors of PVC.

Caz1960

Re: Under Bed Skirts & PVC Coated Polyester.

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 8:37 pm

Very Happy I have a skirt that attaches from the door to the awning ( which saves drafts) and is attached to the dandy by Velcro and have pole inserted to give stability then attaches to my awning but the skirt doesn't go all the way round . to fit all the way around Velcro ? or a rail? Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:43 pm

Skirts are fitted using press stud type fittings.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:07 am

Looks as though if your skirts where factory fitted its different to a later addition on this picture there is a flap on the bottom of the pvc to attach the skirt to mine doesn't have these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:13 am

On a owners club rally in Cambridge the wind was so strong it was lifting the bed so this is my home made bed skirt lol!

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:47 am

Cracking photo Mike. So how do the after market skirts get fitted?

Help someone.
John

Post by John on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:24 am

If I was to fit a skirt then I would use awning rail and use a caravan skirt to slide in
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:30 am

I'm not sure about after Market ones Kevin but I do remember someone saying they had fitted them using the press stud type things.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:31 am

John wrote:If I was to fit a skirt then I would use awning rail and use a caravan skirt to slide in

Yes that's what i opted for as a draught stopper down the side of the dandy,i got the correct skirt with the awning but it wasn't from my dandy so there was no velcro fixing on the dandy
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:06 pm

Picking up on the awning rail idea, this is available which could be attached to the skirt of your own choice:-

It's available from (second item from the bottom):-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChrisP

Did anyone use awning rail to attach aftermarket skirts?

Post by ChrisP on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm

I was looking at how I could attach skirts using awning rail. On my Dandy 4, the box tubing that reinforces the beds comes all the way  to the edge. The photo below is the hinge side as this is what I can get to without unfolding the Dandy, but when I checked used it last weekend, the outside edge was the same.

The box tubing would prevent me getting a full run down. I thought about cutting three sides out the box section to leave a flat tongue and then with a gap in the awning rail the bead on the skirt should clear the tongue. I am a bit concerned that this may weaken the section too much, but I could fix a steel trip inside the box to add back some strength after making the cut. The second photo is a quick sketch of how it may be done.

Has anyone used awning rail for skirts and how did you get round the problem with the box tubing going all the way to the edge?

navver

Post by navver on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm

I'm lucky as I have one factory fitted skirt. There is an extension flap with press studs hanging down for it to popper to. The flaps must be fixed to the bat wings and the roof ends.

As well as the box section there is also the bungeed bottoms of the bat wings to overcome and the bungees go a fair way under the bed. And bungees on the ends as well.

The cheap option has to be wind breaks.

Could the skirt be fixed to 3 poles, one each side and one across the end. The poles need to fix to something on the beds like hooks or even small eyes with strong, thin cord threaded through. When removed the poles can stay fixed in the skirts which will then roll into a 6 foot length. Simply unroll and hook the poles on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 24 Sep 2017, 9:30 am