Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Cleaning the Dandy Tub

Helen
Dandy Owner

Cleaning the Dandy Tub

Post by Helen on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:44 pm

Last time we gave the Dandy tub a good clean with something called silky caravan cleaner, it looked lovely but today found some other type of stuff that's supposed to stop grime sticking in the first place. Has anyone tried this type of thing, you clean then rinse and give a final rinse with a cap full of this fluid, can't remember the name of it but I have seen several different variations of it.

We're going to give it a good clean up with the caravan cream cleaner first (Silky) and if someone tells me the other stuff works well then we will do that too, it's supposed to give it a high shine too without polishing but the silky stuff doe's that (admitted with elbow grease too though) I was more interested in it's ability to stop grime sticking in the first place.
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Re: Cleaning the Dandy Tub

Post by vickoir on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

we are going to try mequires scratchex on ours we bought for the cars but are thinking it should work well on the dandy too to hide any imperfections then going to use the clay bar and elbow grease so we all shiny for petwood
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:03 pm

What's a clay bar
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:40 pm

Helen wrote:What's a clay bar

we use it for polishing the cars and it makes them very shiny and super slick supposed to stop things sticking to it like flies and dirt and water just beads up and slips off think it should work on dandy tub

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:14 pm

bounce bounce Just did Daisy with Jif (cif ) and elbow grease not allot of then a good wax with Turtle car wax looking GOOD bounce bounce the 6 next bounce bounce
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:17 pm

i was thinking of coating the dandy in teflon lol!
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:37 am

I use soapy water with an egg cup full of paraffin which gives a fantastic shine when leathered off & protects it aswell...

I do this on my van's between polishing Very Happy

We have just bought a product called fleetwax though which is a TFR based product (Traffic Film Remover) containing a wax which is meant to stop the dirt getting hold
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:39 am

Some great tips coming up
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

Clay baring is fantastic, you basically rub a bar of clay on the body and all the bonded containments stick to the clay. If you stroke your body work and it feels rough, this is the bonded contaminets stuck to it. Removing these leaves the surface very smooth and gorgeous feeling. It is quite time consuming, but can be therapeutic doing a small section at a time, it's well worth the effort.

The clay is used with a lubrication, some companies sell a spray with their clay, others say you can use tap water. We've found RO water works well as it has no limescale or other deposits in it, you can buy it from aquatic shops, it's also a lot cheaper than the 'special' sprays.

We've used [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] products for our vehicles.

Also we've found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to be very good.

Good luck trying out all your tips, you'll have the cleanest Dandy around. lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:46 pm

Thank you, think I'm going to get the Quik Clay Starter Kit and give it a go Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:12 am