Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Newbie getting First Dandy on Friday!

graceofbase

Newbie getting First Dandy on Friday!

Post by graceofbase on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

Greetings just saying hi we are Grace and Richard. I set my heart on a Dandy when I started looking at trailer tents and we are collecting our one on Friday. Hope it's in good nick it looks ok we got it on eBay. Here is the link to it :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll let you know as we are going to try it out straight away. The seller said he will show us how to put it up too!

Bye for now
Nick
Dandy Owner

Re: Newbie getting First Dandy on Friday!

Post by Nick on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:36 pm

hi Grace and Richard,the dandy looks decent in the pics,it will probably weigh about half of what the advert says.
I don't think we have many yellow dandy's on this forum Very Happy .
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:37 pm

Hi and

Another vintage Dandy.

Looks like you got a good buy. A big sister / brother for Phoenix.
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

bounce bounce bounce welcome, welcome,

Essie xxxx
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:42 pm

Hi Grace, congratulations on your purchase, not all of us have a dandy yet, I am hoping to have mine within the next week.

Everyone here is so helpful and friendly and I am sure you will love your new dandy as much as I will mine!
Ali

Post by Ali on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:43 pm

cheers Welcome to the forum - love the curtains! A dandy from the glam rock era!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:51 pm

Congratulations on your Dandy it looks lovely.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:37 am

Hello Grace and Richard

As Nick said the weight is a bit wrong maximum weight is 10cwts marginally over 500Kg in new money. 6cwts ex works.
Lovely orange Dandy 5 somebody cared for it as they made the wooden leg clamps.
The phenolic ply sides are in my opinion far nicer than the plastic sides that came just after. Sorry plastic side owners.
I have a sixties green 4 where the sides are just at the point of failing 40+ years out of a piece of plywood isn't bad going. If yours was garaged and the sides are A1 you may have a cracker. The only possible killer is a soggy floor. Someone has viewed this already I think but I just can't find their comments. Though I seem to remember they were positive.
The awnings on these are a bit smaller than the later ones but far easier to put up.

Best of luck.

Kevin.

That's how I know someone commented about this they said the wooden pieces are to hold the bed supports in place.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I realised I Had seen a comment.)
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:47 am

nice one
Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:22 am

& Always nice to have another forum member and it looks like you may have acquired a gem of a rig. I hope it really is as good as the photos suggest and even if it isn't there's not much that can't be sorted on a Dandy. It's wonderful to see another 'oldie' coming back into use. You could easily have paid far more for a tent plus necessities and I'm quite sure I'd rather have the Dandy than a tent. Happy Dandying

Steve
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:31 am

It looks very well looked after and a cracking buy.
A younger brother/sister for Milo. cheers

(Yes, some of us are crackers, but harmless lol! )
Endecay

Post by Endecay on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

Hi Grace an Richard.

That Dandy is literally round the corner from me. It was me who went and viewed it and limited though I may be in my engineering nous I think you've got a good one. This has been owned from new by one person who clearly looked after it.

Enjoy your visit to Sutton Coldfield.

Still on the lookout for our first one - now after a Destiny...

Cheers
Neil
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

Neil.

Sorry to be so rude I thought it was you but couldn't find your post mentioning it.

I do try to remember what people say.

Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

Grace and Richard and what a cute Dandy def a loved one

graceofbase

Post by graceofbase on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 9:29 am

Thanks all for your positive comments and the interesting information. I am hoping the owner may have some original documentation on it as his Mum and Dad bought it from the factory. I'm so excited just need to get the campsite booked for tonight! Smile

graceofbase

Post by graceofbase on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 9:32 am

Endecay wrote:Hi Grace an Richard.

That Dandy is literally round the corner from me. It was me who went and viewed it and limited though I may be in my engineering nous I think you've got a good one. This has been owned from new by one person who clearly looked after it.

Enjoy your visit to Sutton Coldfield.

Still on the lookout for our first one - now after a Destiny...

Cheers
Neil

Thanks Neil & Bryony, first time I've ever been there - are there any 'sights'? Good luck on your Dandy search, lots coming on the market now!
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 7:16 pm

have you got yet are you back i'm excited for you
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 9:40 pm

&

graceofbase

Picked up our first Dandy!

Post by graceofbase on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 9:45 pm

Thanks everybody. Everything went really well, we picked up our vintage Dandy yesterday. She has been really well cared for, no soggy floor and everything is in good nick so no nasty surprises. We went camping last night to try her out, and as the seller had kindly showed us how to put up and take down we erected in 9 minutes, and put down in 12. Absolutely ingenious how it all fits together!
Need to review tips on putting away wet though as a few splashes from the roof went on the inside.
She is now called Wendy as like a wendy house! I would call the colour orange, but I suppose it could be described as dark yellow.
We slept well and were nice and cosy.

Here are some pictures however I don't know if you will be able to view them as they are on FB, please let me know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

selkie

Say Hi

Post by selkie on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 10:53 pm

Welcome Grace and Richard and your fabulous new dandy! We have a Dandy 4, which has the same groovy patterned mattress as your Dandy... oh I wish we still had the original curtains like you ..have a fun season of 'dandying' ahead
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 7:24 am

graceofbase wrote:Thanks everybody. Everything went really well, we picked up our vintage Dandy yesterday. She has been really well cared for, no soggy floor and everything is in good nick so no nasty surprises. We went camping last night to try her out, and as the seller had kindly showed us how to put up and take down we erected in 9 minutes, and put down in 12. Absolutely ingenious how it all fits together!
Need to review tips on putting away wet though as a few splashes from the roof went on the inside.
She is now called Wendy as like a wendy house! I would call the colour orange, but I suppose it could be described as dark yellow.
We slept well and were nice and cosy.

Here are some pictures however I don't know if you will be able to view them as they are on FB, please let me know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice when you have a good first one,with the way the dandy works it can be a bit frustrating until you get the hang of it, sounds like you have it sorted.

mike

graceofbase

Post by graceofbase on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 8:54 am

Hi Mike, Yes absolutely we were so lucky the owner had put it up many times and told us what to watch out for etc, just hope we can remember it all for next time! And will have fun with the awning when we put it up!

Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 7:33 am