Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping


Awning wanted

Share
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:03 pm

Looking for a Dandy Designer awning, can anyone please?
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Helen on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:09 pm

They do come up but very rarely, take a look at one that we managed to adapt to fit our designer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Welcome to the forum
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Helen on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:16 pm

Forgot to say take a look through the Alternative awning area, you'll find a couple that have been used with Designers.
avatar
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:30 pm

As asked elsewhere Dandy colour; light blue, dark blue, all white or the rarer brown and white or cream?
Do you have a sun canopy presently? I'm looking at a sun canopy into awning option.
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:32 pm

Great, that looks proper Helen, every credit!
Judging by the amount of people trying with different awnings it would seem that origionals are hard to find. I dare not ask the price of a new one... affraid
Just bought our designer this weekend, going to Sunderland on saturday to pick it up (staying overnight in it of course) Very Happy [b]
It's blue and white by the way....... (The Dandy that is)


Last edited by Dandier on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Helen on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

Congratulations on your new Dandy. It's not the end of the world to have an alternative awning and they can often be far easier to erect and much lighter too.
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

Fair enough, i had a delta 15 years ago and the only thing i dreaded ''erecting the awning!'' Proper hassle, i will try to convince my other half of the benefits, thanks again Helen ..[b]
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Helen on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

Your Welcome, John has also adapted a Royal Traveller Awning for his Delta, there are some pictures of it in this thread. It colour co-ordinates very well in the colour way he has

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and the Dandy of the Month for May thread
avatar
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 42
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Re: Awning wanted

Post by vickoir on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:31 pm

Dandier wrote: Great, that looks proper Helen, every credit!
Judging by the amount of people trying with different awnings it would seem that origionals are hard to find. I dare not ask the price of a new one... affraid
Just bought our designer this weekend, going to Sunderland on saturday to pick it up (staying overnight in it of course) Very Happy [b]
It's blue and white by the way....... (The Dandy that is)

we are in sunderland where are you planning to stay i can we can recommend some very good sites
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:45 pm

That would be great Vicki, thanks! Not looking for anything posh mind... cheers
avatar
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 42
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Re: Awning wanted

Post by vickoir on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:53 pm

Dandier wrote: That would be great Vicki, thanks! Not looking for anything posh mind... cheers

well we have just come back from finchale priory this is an adults only site so if you have children with you unfortunately a no go but great site 20 quid with ehu and hard standing 12 miles south of sunderland city centre near durham city
also doe park in barnard castle around 15 quid per night with ehu and hard standing and very close to the a66 so could be on youre way back to fleetwood its 37 mile south of sunderland children welcome here both welcome pets too these are 2 of the best local sites we have used both with excellent shower toilet and wash up facilities in nice settings if you are going home via A69
both wellhouse farm and harlow hill are really nice sites and around 14-16 quid each
i have the contact details for all but all have reviews on uk campsites and nick and i can vouch for them all none of these sites have a bar on site so if you want a little drinkie poo you will have to stock up
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:09 pm

That's brilliant, many thanks! I will look up the adults only model now and ring them to book in the morning. Can't wait to see our new family member, we are counting the days! Thanks again Vicki! I will take some photo's and post them next week.
avatar
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 42
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Re: Awning wanted

Post by vickoir on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:12 pm

Dandier wrote: That's brilliant, many thanks! I will look up the adults only model now and ring them to book in the morning. Can't wait to see our new family member, we are counting the days! Thanks again Vicki! I will take some photo's and post them next week.
have a look at nickb's thread our 1st trip out this year this is finchale priory where we have just stayed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:37 pm

No where near as posh a location but would split the journey in two. It's on the A685 where you turn off the A66.

Low Greenside Campsite see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Never actually stayed there, something gone wrong every time we were due to go.

I can't confirm the prices but the lady who runs it Rosie is lovely.

See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Tue 17 Apr 2012, 8:15 pm

vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote: That's brilliant, many thanks! I will look up the adults only model now and ring them to book in the morning. Can't wait to see our new family member, we are counting the days! Thanks again Vicki! I will take some photo's and post them next week.
have a look at nickb's thread our 1st trip out this year this is finchale priory where we have just stayed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Booked site today for saturday night, looks quiet, thanks! Tony & Jue!
avatar
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 42
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Re: Awning wanted

Post by vickoir on Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

Dandier wrote:
vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote: That's brilliant, many thanks! I will look up the adults only model now and ring them to book in the morning. Can't wait to see our new family member, we are counting the days! Thanks again Vicki! I will take some photo's and post them next week.
have a look at nickb's thread our 1st trip out this year this is finchale priory where we have just stayed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Booked site today for saturday night, looks quiet, thanks! Tony & Jue!

well hope you enjoy and if you get pitched up and need anything we are only up the road
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:11 pm

vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote:
vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote: That's brilliant, many thanks! I will look up the adults only model now and ring them to book in the morning. Can't wait to see our new family member, we are counting the days! Thanks again Vicki! I will take some photo's and post them next week.
have a look at nickb's thread our 1st trip out this year this is finchale priory where we have just stayed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Booked site today for saturday night, looks quiet, thanks! Tony & Jue!

well hope you enjoy and if you get pitched up and need anything we are only up the road
Your a star Vicki, love this site, if your ever looking to go to the lakes i have tons of local knowledge for sites and anything else, climbed and camped there for years. Can get in touch through blackberry if i am struggling, maybe you could come and see us anyway.. If you can handle the rain! Will have plenty of beers, thanks again, Tony & Jue! x
avatar
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 42
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Re: Awning wanted

Post by vickoir on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 5:49 pm

Dandier wrote:
vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote:
vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote: That's brilliant, many thanks! I will look up the adults only model now and ring them to book in the morning. Can't wait to see our new family member, we are counting the days! Thanks again Vicki! I will take some photo's and post them next week.
have a look at nickb's thread our 1st trip out this year this is finchale priory where we have just stayed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Booked site today for saturday night, looks quiet, thanks! Tony & Jue!

well hope you enjoy and if you get pitched up and need anything we are only up the road
Your a star Vicki, love this site, if your ever looking to go to the lakes i have tons of local knowledge for sites and anything else, climbed and camped there for years. Can get in touch through blackberry if i am struggling, maybe you could come and see us anyway.. If you can handle the rain! Will have plenty of beers, thanks again, Tony & Jue! x

may have to swing by anyhow just for a nosy if you dont mind lol
avatar
Dandier

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 53
Location : Fleetwood

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Dandier on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote:
vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote:
vickoir wrote:
Dandier wrote: That's brilliant, many thanks! I will look up the adults only model now and ring them to book in the morning. Can't wait to see our new family member, we are counting the days! Thanks again Vicki! I will take some photo's and post them next week.
have a look at nickb's thread our 1st trip out this year this is finchale priory where we have just stayed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Booked site today for saturday night, looks quiet, thanks! Tony & Jue!

well hope you enjoy and if you get pitched up and need anything we are only up the road
Your a star Vicki, love this site, if your ever looking to go to the lakes i have tons of local knowledge for sites and anything else, climbed and camped there for years. Can get in touch through blackberry if i am struggling, maybe you could come and see us anyway.. If you can handle the rain! Will have plenty of beers, thanks again, Tony & Jue! x

may have to swing by anyhow just for a nosy if you dont mind lol
Camp site was brill, made up with the dandy, just got to fit hook up and new water pump. Could also do with a new cover and a pair of old mini alloys to perck it up! Love it!
Will try to pics on later but not too good at doing stuff like that, thanks, Tony .

Sponsored content

Re: Awning wanted

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:04 am