Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy 4 Awning size

1arron1

Dandy 4 Awning size

Post by 1arron1 on Tue 01 May 2012, 10:29 am

Hi,

This website gave me lots of info prior to making the decision to get a Dandy. Thank you.

I have just brought our first Dandy and are chuffed to bits. It is a very good bit of kit.

We are off this weekend camping and the awning is packed in the camper and it is currently tipping down. So I do not fancy unpacking it to measure the floor size for a groundsheet.

Does anyone know what size groundsheet fits the awning to a brown and cream colour 4 berth Dandy?

Thanks in advance.

Arron
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Dandy 4 Awning size

Post by Helen on Tue 01 May 2012, 10:38 am

hi Arron welcome to the Forum
and congratulations on your Dandy.

It's been tipping down for ages now and it's a annoying when you want to do stuff. I'm sure one of our members will come up with some suitable solution.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 01 May 2012, 11:31 am

It's not possible to say to the inch as it depends how you angle the awning poles but loosely:
A 4 has a 4' body and the beds are just under 4' so 12' by just over 6'
The 4/5 13' and the 5 14'
Don't know what you were going to buy for a groundsheet but as a cheepy I use Visqueen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Buy from a builders merchant NOT B&Q or it wont be cheap. I tend to use as a double thickness.
You will get at least two seasons from it and if it does become laden with mud to the point you don't want to mop it's cheap enough to throw. The roll width is 4m so if you buy a 4m length it should cost about £10/£12.
Alas though colour co ordinated for the blue and white Dandys it clashes a bit with brown and the black Visqueen is very black.

Not exactly grass friendly but those groundsheets aren't waterproof and just help tramp up mud in this weather.
Buy the thick tarp type solid PVC sheet if you want don't buy a cheap woven tarp. They are the worst of all worlds, not grass friendly and not waterproof.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 01 May 2012, 12:34 pm

Cant and wont argue with kevin lol! but it may be an idea to get a proper breathable ground sheet as well once you know the size,some sites will only allow these,others you can get away with hiding the tarp under the proper sheet affraid and i find the proper one nicer to walk on,but if its wet i do hide the tarp under it.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 01 May 2012, 2:34 pm

Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 02 May 2012, 2:01 pm

Arron

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:43 pm