Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

weather, where you are

Eilis
Dandy Owner

Re: weather, where you are

Post by Eilis on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:49 am

well it's friday

and the sun is out after raining literally all day yesterday sunny sunny
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

Eilis wrote:well it's friday

and the sun is out after raining literally all day yesterday sunny sunny

right with you there girl sunny
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:08 am

a glorious day here today

yesterday was weird, rained all morning and then the afternoon was so dry and warm all the BBQs were out lol
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:25 am

Is it me or has august been a wash out up to now,remember watching a program about climate change and the chap on there said global warming was a misleading description, it was more than likely places like the UK would end up just getting milder and wetter.
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:46 am

that's probably why they tend to call it climate change now

I do remember earlier this year they were saying that this summer would be hotter than 1976

guess they got that wrong again Wink
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:36 am

well pretty dismal looking day today, i've decided i'm going to get a job in the Met office, where else can you get it wrong every day and not get fired!!?? lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:42 am

It's not bad here at all, I did notice that there was a weather warning for your side of the country on the news last night, flood warnings mainly Sad
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:59 am

ooh dear, must take a look tho usually we don't get that much flooding, often further north
Owd Lad

Re' Weather Where Are You

Post by Owd Lad on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:48 am

I was awoken from slumbers this morning by the dogs barking. At what? Distant thunder and lightning getting quickly closer and bringing with it torrential rain and hail. Its been going on now for about two hours. There seems to be hardly any wind, so now it's got here it seems reluctant to pass over. I haven't seen a downpour as severe for a few years. The strange thing is that the sky towards Cumbria is clear and apparently sunny. Here at Kirkcudbright it's gloomy to the point of darkness. I hope this doesn't bode badly for the Bank Holiday weekend. Glad I'm not camping in this. I know a Dandy will stand it without a problem it's the aftermath on the site around you, flooding, mud and trying to get off sodden pitches that can be the problem.
Steve
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:51 am

well thankfully we haven't had that sort of weather here but the past few days have been dull with drizzle and rain all day Sad

get the feeling summer has ended Sad
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:26 am

No it's going to come back in September when we are at Trentfield sunny
Owd Lad

Re' Weather Where are You

Post by Owd Lad on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:52 am

Just thought that I'd give an update, now that the weather has moderated a little and the dogs were pestering to go out. As you may know we spend most of our time at Brighouse Bay site. Our static caravan is sited on a hillside, above most of the park but obviously in the way of water wanting to drain off the fields at the back of us. The result has been that most of our grassed areas was under a sheet of moving water, about a third of our driveway gravel is now living across the road and what's left of the drive resembles a river bed with quite deep furrows having been gouged out. Access around the site is otherwise quite good apart from some of the lower lying areas which is under water but, from what I've seen not deep enough to cause problems to the touring vans that are sited there, (Awnings are another matter however!). There's quite a few tents on site at the moment and none seem to have been subjected to flooding but the intensity of the rain does make you wonder if the canvas stood up to the deluge. One of the toilet blocks has flooded as a result of a couple of the ornamental lakes having overflowed and a couple of the canoes that are kept on one of these lakes have floated onto what was previously grass. Once it stops raining it looks like the site is going to have a bit of a job, cleaning up ready for the weekend. No-one seems to remember the area being subjected to effects of anything like this before. Meanwhile, the dogs found the whole experience of plowing through large puddles a hoot and have come back from their walk very wet but thoroughly happy. Heavy rain has now changed to more persistent rain. Ah well! Off to Lancashire in the morning. Hope it's better by then.
Steve
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

At least the dogs are enjoying it all Laughing

Hope it eases off soon.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:54 am

Yesterday was pretty dismal and today looks the same, have you noticed it's getting colder at nights now and darker so much sooner........ on the plus side we have a meets shelter and the fairy lights can go on sooner........ at least we have dandy's to camp in so it's not a problem
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:06 am

apparently it's been the coolest summer since 1993

hardly surprising really but all praise to dandys where the weather doesn't matter Very Happy
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

ALL ime saying about the weather here is i have just lit the coal fire affraid
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

mike wrote:ALL ime saying about the weather here is i have just lit the coal fire affraid

ooh dear, that's not good, quite chilly here too
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

We have had a lovely couple of days ........... more like summer and the minimum temp tonight is 13 so that sounds like good camping weather to me. Very Happy

Getting dark earlier and light later so I may take plug in fairy lights to trentfield as my solar ones don't last so long or shine so bright. Sad
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

that sounds sensible, had to close the curtains and put the lights on before 8 tonight Sad
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

Well once I have got them out of the loft they will do for any other meets over the colder months, they are a tad bright though ............. blue neons, we stopped using them outside the house as it always felt like police cars were sat outside from the blue glow all around each room. lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

It is blowing a gale here at the moment, been a rotten day with lots of rain too Evil or Very Mad

Ah well let's get it over today Very Happy
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

sunny and windy here
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

Rain and gales here
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

If you have any trouble getting your Dandy up or awning (if it's windy tomorrow) just wait until a few of us are there and we can do them one at once. I can just picture us all hanging off the end of an lol! awning
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

helen wrote:If you have any trouble getting your Dandy up or awning (if it's windy tomorrow) just wait until a few of us are there and we can do them one at once. I can just picture us all hanging off the end of an lol! awning

Thanks i had thought whilst we all could do it if its too bad we may as well wait for more hands.

mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Sep 2018, 12:07 pm