Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Melamine vs pottery & glass.

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Melamine vs pottery & glass. Empty Melamine vs pottery & glass.

Post by Helen on Mon 07 May 2012, 9:34 pm

I have a lovely melamine set but the cups stain easily inside and my brew just never seems the same so we ditched them in favour of proper cups, plates and even glasses, I store them in the bottom cupboard of the Dandy and they travel well if put away carefully. The melamine plates and acrylic glasses are a lot lighter and with little ones around much safer but do you take along a couple of real mugs and glasses just for adults?

What do you prefer

Cazz
Cazz

Melamine vs pottery & glass. Empty Re: Melamine vs pottery & glass.

Post by Cazz on Mon 07 May 2012, 9:59 pm

We find melamine stains like mad, and china ones would probably get broken, so we've got some light weight unbreakable plastic plates, they've not broken yet. Laughing But we do prefer the plates and cups at home.

We must sort out the cutlery drawer, we often end up playing cutlery roulette, it can be a problem eating cereal with a fork, although sausage and mash with a spoon is ok. lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 08 May 2012, 12:02 am

I don't think you can put a brew in anything better than a real mug/cup. We've tried enamel and melamine and it's just not the same. A good brew deserves a decent cup Twisted Evil
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 08 May 2012, 12:10 am

We've drank tea from a jug before, when we forgot the cups, eaten weetabix from a saucepan and had toast in a bowl, but not all on the same trip. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 17 Jun 2019, 10:30 am