Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

New Dandy 5 Owners (1960's - V.early model !) Hello! :-)

Wendy100

New Dandy 5 Owners (1960's - V.early model !) Hello! :-)

Post by Wendy100 on Tue 08 May 2012, 1:47 pm

Hello Everyone, Very Happy
So glad I came across this website! Me and My other half have bought a Dandy 5 Model (Green PVC) from Ebay for a few hunder quid (with Awning) and am just waiting for tow bar to be fitted 2moro so we can collect it! It does need some work apparently but its usable.. really cant wait and so am sure will be using this site for help :-)
Wendy & Ali Smile
Cazz

Re: New Dandy 5 Owners (1960's - V.early model !) Hello! :-)

Post by Cazz on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:01 pm

Hi Wendy and Ali Good choice of Dandy, it's Milo's twin, (Our green 5) I am normal really. lol!

Looking forward to seeing more pics once you've got him/her home.

Wendy100

Post by Wendy100 on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:04 pm

HI Cazz Was just looking at your pics! Yes they were seperated at birth and they look ace! cannot wait to get her home :-)
Will deffo post some pictures and i just hope we're not dissapointed... we only paid £230 from ebay so cant really complain!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:08 pm

Congratulations on your lovely dandy, everyone here is friendly so any questions just ask and if we can help we will, great price too when you look at the prices of tents these days.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:30 pm

to the forum the green ones look nice
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Just been looking at the ebay advert, she looks a good buy, even if she needs some work. Kelly on here also has a green 5, with a sink exactly like yours, ours has a plastic sink to the right hand side.

It looks like you will need a light board when you collect her, we bought ours home with a borrowed light board as ours also had no electrics, when I found the wire it was a weird 5 core stuff, so I completely rewired it with new cable and plug but I managed to keep the original light units with a bit cable joining. Shocked

Wendy100

Post by Wendy100 on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:44 pm

cheers Cazz the listing is finished so it might be a different one - this one does have a has a sink but no taps and they did say it was a bit rough round the edges.. the advert said :

.............there are 2 double beds, one folds up into a sofa during the day, and one single bed which doubles as seating as well.
There is a sink but no taps or cooker, several cupboards for storage and and a hook up point has been added with a 6 way extension fastened to the cupboard - Fully working lighting board /Good handbrake/Good wheels and tyres...........

Does this sound ok to you??

I hope its ok!!!!!! :-)
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wendy100

Post by Wendy100 on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:49 pm

hahah! YES! how on earth did you find this?! ha! :-)
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:55 pm

We are magic on here, Or your avatar, it's very distinctive. lol!

From what I can tell from the advert, it looks ok. But even it needs work doing underneath or where ever, the money you've got it for is worth it.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 08 May 2012, 3:21 pm

Hello Wendy and Ali

The vendor should have mentioned us because I got him to agree he would when he sold the Dandy.

If you look you will see your Green Un is already a star. The sellers blog was feature when I did a post on web sites that feature images of Dandys. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If the suspension is good the sides not crumbling and the tyres are not cracking. Well what else do you want?
£230 is just the icing on the cake.
If you want to replace the original rear lights at some point Cazz is no doubt the lady to speak to.
I bet she can quote the part numbers without referring.

bikerphil

Post by bikerphil on Tue 08 May 2012, 5:36 pm

Just shows how small the world is with the power of the internet.

First - my dandy gets mentioned, then i get talked into joining and post a little info about it, then it gets put up for sale and before it's even parted my company it's new owners are on here posting about it.

I managed to find a couple more pics from when we first used it with the awning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The lighting board does the job just fine and is easy to take off. You would have to be a thoroughbred dandy geek to be bothered replacing it. In fact it never even crossed my mind that the lighting board wasn't an original part lol.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 08 May 2012, 7:01 pm

The lighting board does the job just fine and is easy to take off. You would have to be a thoroughbred dandy geek to be bothered replacing it. In fact it never even crossed my mind that the lighting board wasn't an original part lol.

Phil

Look here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cazz's type 3 is on pages 20 and 21. Her green five matches her car on age don't know if the new one is to reduce strain on Molly or because it's a closer colour match.

Do you think they're the type of people who would re fit lights. And the correct units only. Could you really see that Dandy with a trailerboard on the rear?

Thanks for the extra photos.

Just seen your message through eBay. I wasn't ignoring you I rarely use the email site that links to my eBay account.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 08 May 2012, 10:20 pm

bikerphil wrote: The lighting board does the job just fine and is easy to take off. You would have to be a thoroughbred dandy geek to be bothered replacing it. In fact it never even crossed my mind that the lighting board wasn't an original part lol.

lol! Embarassed I think Mr Itch has explained my OH's obsession. lol!

Our original Dandy lights were already on the Dandy, but the main cable had been cut off, meaning they no longer worked.

We've got the brown discovery to save wear and tear on the green one, also it will save either having to take the surpless equipment out or taking double stuff camping. It also of course is a better colour and year match for our vehicle vanity. cheers

Wendy100

Post by Wendy100 on Wed 09 May 2012, 7:45 am

Ok, how embarassed am I?!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
What a small world and I should have known better about telling the world about my new purchase! sorry Phil !
Embarassed Embarassed

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 09 May 2012, 7:56 am

I'm sure phil is pleased your so excited about your new Dandy and just pulling your leg .......... and lets face it although there are no anoraks in sight some of us are Dandy Geeks lol!
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 09 May 2012, 9:11 am

I think it's fab, it's good to share excitement, they become part of the family.

It was Mr Itch and me who identified and highlighted your Dandy, we should be the embarrassed ones, for identifing it from your avatar and description, I like the geek description. Embarassed affraid
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Wed 09 May 2012, 4:17 pm

Never be ashamed to tell the world about your dandy It makes you the same as the rest of us once you got one you have to tell the world they all have history but it is now your history in the making

bikerphil

Post by bikerphil on Wed 09 May 2012, 9:21 pm

Helen wrote:I'm sure phil is pleased your so excited about your new Dandy and just pulling your leg .......... and lets face it although there are no anoraks in sight some of us are Dandy Geeks lol!

I am rather pleased it's going to an enthusiastic home!
It could quite easily have been bought by someone who wanted to rip its innards out to turn into a trailer or something.

Long may it be camping! .... or drag racing ... or whatever!

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 09 May 2012, 9:35 pm

You can't help but care about dandy's when they've given you good service cheers

It's nice to know it's still going to be appreciated and going to a good home

bikerphil

Post by bikerphil on Fri 11 May 2012, 9:46 pm

And off it sails! safely into the hands of it's new owners - Wendy&Ali

Wendy100

Post by Wendy100 on Sat 12 May 2012, 9:31 pm

Just spent today cleaning and sorting - we are so excited to go for the 1st camp with her.... I've fallen in love x
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 13 May 2012, 5:40 am

Wendy&Ali wrote:Just spent today cleaning and sorting - we are so excited to go for the 1st camp with her.... I've fallen in love x

Well worth looking after the green ones look great especially with the awning shape,hope you have a great first camp.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 13 May 2012, 12:24 pm

Enjoy your first camp, you'll be smiling ear to ear.

We also love our green one, they've got such a cute shape with their more sloping roof and lower ends, but we also love our discovery, but which is best? lol! (come on Harry Hill fans) Wink
jenstar

Post by jenstar on Sun 13 May 2012, 4:04 pm

It looks FAB, well done, hope you have many gr8 camping adventures.....some pics please!!! lol. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:58 am