Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Im a newbie!

camper kim

Im a newbie!

Post by camper kim on Mon 14 May 2012, 10:19 pm

Hello, im kim married to Andy with 3 young children aged 7,6 and 3! We have just become the new owners of a dandy discovery. We are already canvas campers but a neighbour of the inlaws offered the dandy and we couldnt say no! Now im trying to find some sort of awning to use with it!
Caz1960

Re: Im a newbie!

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 14 May 2012, 10:41 pm

there is a post on non dandy awnings on dandy chat but well done and loads of fun to come the kids will think their in a hotel
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 14 May 2012, 10:46 pm

sorry got the post wrong it is the post below it
Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad on Mon 14 May 2012, 10:49 pm

to the forum. I'm sure you won't regret your new acquisition, or joining one of the friendliest forums around. Don't hesitate to ask questions or to offer opinions, tips and tales of derring do. Think of the forum as a garden fence that can be comfortably leaned on whilst you indulge in a bit of chat with the neighbours, even if the neighbours are actually miles away.

Steve
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 14 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Owd Lad wrote: to the forum. I'm sure you won't regret your new acquisition, or joining one of the friendliest forums around. Don't hesitate to ask questions or to offer opinions, tips and tales of derring do. Think of the forum as a garden fence that can be comfortably leaned on whilst you indulge in a bit of chat with the neighbours, even if the neighbours are actually miles away.

Steve
so true excellent description
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Mon 14 May 2012, 10:56 pm

Hi Kim Andy and Kids to the forum.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 14 May 2012, 11:34 pm

Hi Kim, Andy and kids,

on your new family member, as other Caz says, you will find it more luxurious than your tent. lol!

As mentioned, there are a couple of threads about alternative awnings, I would put a link in for them, but i'm on my phone and not that clever. lol!
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 15 May 2012, 6:04 am

Owd Lad wrote: to the forum. I'm sure you won't regret your new acquisition, or joining one of the friendliest forums around. Don't hesitate to ask questions or to offer opinions, tips and tales of derring do. Think of the forum as a garden fence that can be comfortably leaned on whilst you indulge in a bit of chat with the neighbours, even if the neighbours are actually miles away.

Steve

Steve what a lovely description of the Forum, and it's what we were going for too

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 15 May 2012, 8:56 am

Hi Kim Andy and kids,

If you look in the other Dandy Awning Ideas area you will find a few idea's

I'm sure you'll find something to suit, we used a Royal Traveller with our designer which is the same size as a discovery just a different layout and Vicki had movelight that works very well too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

any other questions as you go along just ask and congratulations on becoming a Dandy Owner.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 15 May 2012, 12:41 pm

Kim i think we had a brief affair on uk campsite well i answered your post lol! if its a discovery it should be big enough for now with the age of your children.

mike
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Tue 15 May 2012, 12:58 pm

Hi Kim & family.....welcome to the forum......couldn't have said it better myself Steve. I was a newbie once and was made to feel incredibly welcome and comfortable on this forum. there is alot of knowledge floating about so don't be afraid to ask the question. someone will most definitely have been there and done that so to speak. I was a previous tent camper and was skeptical about a Dandy, but now id never look back :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 21 Feb 2018, 5:09 am