Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Photo Problem!

Owd Lad

Photo Problem!

Post by Owd Lad on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:59 am

Help! I'm beginning to feel like a nummie. Ive been trying to follow Mikes instructions on how to add a photo. Normally I'm quite good at following instructions (I have been married for many years now) but something is going wrong.
1) I click the Host Image box
2) I click Browse and having selected a photo double click on it.
3) The file name of the photo appears in the script box next to browse. The URL box underneath this remains blank.
4) I click 'Host It' and there are signs that the photo is being uploaded.
5) after a minute or so a message appears 'This Program Cannot Display The Webpage'

Where am I going wrong please?

Steve
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Photo Problem!

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:12 am

Im not sure, I just tried it and all seems to be working fine Question

Only the file box has a dot in it and the URL does remain blank, you then get 3 boxes and highlight the middle one then go to the top of your screen and click page....... drop down box click copy. Back onto your post box then just clik the cursor as though you are going to type. You then paste the code press preview and your pic should appear. confused press send to post it on here
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:17 am

Owd Lad wrote:Help! I'm beginning to feel like a nummie. Ive been trying to follow Mikes instructions on how to add a photo. Normally I'm quite good at following instructions (I have been married for many years now) but something is going wrong.
1) I click the Host Image box
2) I click Browse and having selected a photo double click on it.
3) The file name of the photo appears in the script box next to browse. The URL box underneath this remains blank.
4) I click 'Host It' and there are signs that the photo is being uploaded.
5) after a minute or so a message appears 'This Program Cannot Display The Webpage'

Where am I going wrong please?

Steve

Sounds like it may not be your fault,i have a very poor signal on site but am going to try to upload but it may take a while Very Happy

mike
Owd Lad

Re' Photo Problem

Post by Owd Lad on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 12:02 pm

I wondered if the problem I had was the size of file I was trying to upload (6.3meg) so I tried again with a much smaller file (3.4meg) and got the same result. Each time, after clicking the 'Host It' button there is a delay and no further choice boxes are appearing, just the 'program cannot display webpage'. Have I got some setting wrong? Always open to ideas.
Steve
carl

Post by carl on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

i always use Photobucket for uploading photos to forums
it saves any messing and as i am not computer minded it saves me hitting the computer with a hammer
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

hi steve once you have got you pic from browse three boxes should appear
just ctrl and c on middle box text
then in your post that your writing ctrl and v
then hit send post and pic should be there thats the way i do it
good luck Very Happy
Owd Lad

Photo Problem

Post by Owd Lad on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

Thanks for the info' but therein lies the problem. I'm not getting the three boxes after clicking the 'host it' button. There's signs of things being uploaded but then it just aborts to 'Program cannot display the webpage' after a couple of minutes. I don't currently have a Photobucket account but I wonder if this would be a way to solve matters? Is the method of uploading to the forum any different with Photobucket?
Steve.
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:01 pm

Owd Lad wrote:Thanks for the info' but therein lies the problem. I'm not getting the three boxes after clicking the 'host it' button. There's signs of things being uploaded but then it just aborts to 'Program cannot display the webpage' after a couple of minutes. I don't currently have a Photobucket account but I wonder if this would be a way to solve matters? Is the method of uploading to the forum any different with Photobucket?
Steve.

i dont know i dont have photobucket,
nickb will know cos he has used both methods but he's out on his bike i can get him to pm you when he gets back later if you like
unless anyone else on here knows Question
carl

Post by carl on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:29 pm

Owd Lad wrote:Thanks for the info' but therein lies the problem. I'm not getting the three boxes after clicking the 'host it' button. There's signs of things being uploaded but then it just aborts to 'Program cannot display the webpage' after a couple of minutes. I don't currently have a Photobucket account but I wonder if this would be a way to solve matters? Is the method of uploading to the forum any different with Photobucket?
Steve.
you just put your cruiser over the pic that you want then it will give you a few options just click on the one that says IMG code it will auto copy then just paste this in you post and thats it done
Owd Lad

Re' Photo Problem

Post by Owd Lad on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:24 pm

Carl seems to suggest that Photobucket is a nice simple way forward. I would be happy to hear any input from Neil on the subject, or indeed anyone else who can offer advice.
Steve
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Errrrrrm Neil isnt on this forum Steve but I havent personally used photo-bucket. I am sure when Mike is able to get a decent signal from the field he is sat in he may be able to help. Maybe Nick can help out too
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

Sorry to be of limited help but as Helen says in this field ime struggling to do any thing,i resize my pictures any way as i only ever use mobile broadband so its normally quicker,perhaps if Helen tried to upload a picture into my instruction post following the instructions to the letter it may show if i have not made something clear,i know how frustrating it is i was in the same position at the beginning luckily i didn't have a hammer handy.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:58 pm

I have just done this with some pictures of Wales just to check and everything is fine. I wish I could be of more help
Owd Lad

Photo Problem

Post by Owd Lad on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:03 pm

Thanks to everyone for the help so far. I have no doubt that it will be resolved at some stage. Ta to you too Helen for pointing out my typo' error. I hope you'll put it down to fingers reacting faster than brain.
Steve
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

I am really looking forward to these pictures now
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

i just dont know what else to suggest steve
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

Steve sometimes i get really p d of with these systems they always assume knowledge on our part,i have been trying to ad a signature to my posts since day 1 i found the instructions and it states click the radio button what the flipping heck is a radio button and why is it in a system for adding signatures.
Its like the time i got my first pc i was trying to change something and a box kept coming up only the administrator can perform this action.
Eventually i went to a repair shop to ask and he said what's the problem you are the administrator,well i knew i was the owner but Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:44 pm

Steve have you tried to upload to the gallery yet, I wonder if that is any better for you scratch
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

photobucket is a free website,you can upload pics from your computer to a photobucket album.Once you have uploaded the pics you want on Photobucket select the links option by the pic,then copy the IMG code which is displayed and paste the code onto your post and hey presto you should have a pic on the forum,goodluck Smile
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:55 am

helen wrote:Errrrrrm Neil isnt on this forum Steve but I havent personally used photo-bucket. I am sure when Mike is able to get a decent signal from the field he is sat in he may be able to help. Maybe Nick can help out too

And you know that for sure do you lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:05 am

I cant believe that you have a sense of humour this early in the morning

But you are on your holidays

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:41 am

Have you tried uploading to the gallery yet............ you can click upload a pic from your machine and then choose. You cant see the pictures straight away but will do soon Wink I can also move them from there and into the My Dandy Thread for you as soon as they are in the gallery. If you manage to upload to the Gallery do a small write up about your Dandy in the My Dandy section and I will add the pictures for you Smile
Owd Lad

Re' Photo Problem

Post by Owd Lad on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

Ta for that Helen. Gets complex don't it! I'll give uploading to the gallery a try. Nothing ventured etc
Steve
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:05 am

Steve as you know at the moment i am on a poor connection the following shouldn't be why you are struggling but thought i would tell you just in case

I reduce all my pictures for uploading always have average file size is 30kb-50kb, yesterday i prepared some for uploading the first one no problem the second one clicked the browse then host it the thing just sat there for nearly five min, so i closed down and tried twice more with the same result,after a bit of thinking i checked the file size the one i couldn't upload was still at 1mb must have done some ting wrong on reducing,i redid it and it was 38kb then it uploaded no problem.
I know you shouldn't have to reduce the file size on here but thought it was worth mentioning.

mike
Owd Lad

Photo Problem

Post by Owd Lad on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

Thanks for that Mike, always worth a go. Its all new to me. Now then how to resize, any clues
Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:49 am