Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

insurance renewal

Nick
Dandy Owner

insurance renewal

Post by Nick on Thu 17 May 2012, 6:25 pm

had our insurance renewal for the Dandy from C&CC and its gone down from £83 to £77 this year i am happy and surprised as i just now expect everything to keep going up year on year.
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: insurance renewal

Post by mike on Thu 17 May 2012, 6:28 pm

Just got mine from the caravan club £53 which isn't bad,i think its a minimum charge for the value of ours,yours is worth just a bit more than mine Very Happy
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Thu 17 May 2012, 6:45 pm

We took out a policy recently and the premium was under £50 which we were really pleased with...

Cant say the same about car or house insurance......daylight robbers!! Evil or Very Mad
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Thu 17 May 2012, 6:52 pm

Our Dandy is insured for £3500 and £1500 of contents and valuables,our old Delta was just £39 per year.
lynn83

Post by lynn83 on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:20 am

Might get ours insured, don't know what value to put it at though, will have to work it out.
Biker

Post by Biker on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

The only trouble with insurance is when you claim, and they turn and tell you that it is not worth what you have it insured for, and neither are the contents. Just because you insure it for a value you think reasonable does not mean that is what the insurance company pay out if you claim. To stop this happening with my motorcycles I have an agreed value with the insurance company and they pay this whatever the claim. I do hope I made myself clear. Surprised
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

Biker wrote:The only trouble with insurance is when you claim, and they turn and tell you that it is not worth what you have it insured for, and neither are the contents. Just because you insure it for a value you think reasonable does not mean that is what the insurance company pay out if you claim. To stop this happening with my motorcycles I have an agreed value with the insurance company and they pay this whatever the claim. I do hope I made myself clear. Surprised

good idea as with insurance you are stuck to their rules and don't say after years of paying that "oh it's not worth the value you have be paying for" I just insure for the lowest value but its the third party cover I need to cover for as to be honest my Dandy's are priceless to me
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 4:51 pm

For classic vehicles or unique vehicles, 'agreed valuation' is a must, we speak from experience.

We had it on our classic car when some numpty wrote it off, in court the numpty questioned the payout, the Judge just said, "You need to discuss that with the insurance company, the vehicle had an agreed valuation on it, they won't agree if it's wrong" or words to that effect. clown
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 8:46 am

Make sure you know exactly what your insured for when it comes to Campers and Caravans,

We had reason to make a claim, we could have omitted certain factors and would have been able to claim but are honest people, and now we're going to have a large repair bill. Neutral

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 11:00 am

One of the cheap quotes we got had a clause it didnt cover storm damage when at home between something like oct-march

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:36 pm