Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

New seat covers

Helen
Dandy Owner

New seat covers

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:32 am

If you ever feel like a change or your seating could do with a face-lift then this is one of the cheapest places to buy fabric from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many of us have done a Dandy make over and this seller is one that a few will recommend, the fabric is good quality but please do ask if it is fire retardant to be on the safe side ........... Mine is and I bought from here.

If you ever need help or advice on how to .......... just ask, its one of our favourite topics Very Happy

Lol and Steve

Re: New seat covers

Post by Lol and Steve on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

Hi Helen,

Your dandy looks lovely certainly looks a lot younger than a 91.

I've just been looking at some of that material Helen and they mostly come in 10m size, can you remember how much you used to make your covers and curains cos i'm thinking of our 4 berth.

I was thinking if i got 2 lot's of 10m then i could make some curtains for the awning too.

I like that starburst pattern i will have to see if they do it in beige, cream or brown to match my dandy cos it's the brown and beige one like Eilis's.

Lol lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:55 am

10 mts should cover your seats, make new tie backs too. I did mine around 6 years ago but do change the curtains and cushions quite often. I used a velour type material for the upholstery as its hard-wearing but for my cushions I used ordinary fabric backed with left over velour. Curtains I only got a few mts for them as they arnt the same as the cushions - sort of mixed and matched you could get 10 mts for the seating and 10mts for all of the curtains too and probably have left overs. You can also cover buttons to match they are so easy to do and are also available from ebay.

Before you buy any though I know vicki and the Admiral have both done some more recently so they may be able to be more accurate.
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

for the old delta
i got one 10m length and it did the sofa, bench and curtains i didn't cover the bed as it always has bedding on just got a thick fitted plain dye sheet in same clour and left on bed (tonys textiles on ebay do 4ft doubles for £Cool
then i bought a 7pc bedding set off ebay (viceroy bedding)
the 2 pillowcases i made into cushions for sofa (then just got plain ones to match quilt cover)
the pair of curtains i made into awning curtains and used the supplied tie backs
just cut the rings off hemmed them and added presstuds

it cost £20 for the material
£8 for the sheet
and £16 for the bedding set

there was enough left over from the 10m to make a few cusions but i wanted my bedding theme to run through whole dandy Very Happy
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

Hi Vicky,

So were the matching curtains from the 7 piece set enough to make all the awning curtains, cos the last time i made some curtains for the awning i had to make 3 pairs.

lol!
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:
Hi Vicky,

So were the matching curtains from the 7 piece set enough to make all the awning curtains, cos the last time i made some curtains for the awning i had to make 3 pairs.

lol!

one pair made a side curtains each which was full width of awning side from a standard double bed set and i ordered and additional pair for the front Very Happy
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:16 pm

Yes good thinking batman.

It will probably be just as cheap to get some ready made bedroom curtains than to buy material and make them.

Thanks,

lol! or (the first one is more like me.)

vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:
Yes good thinking batman.

It will probably be just as cheap to get some ready made bedroom curtains than to buy material and make them.

Thanks,

lol! or (the first one is more like me.)

i think the second set of matching curtains was a tenner or you could just get 2 bed sets
i think the first lol should just be for you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 1:08 am