Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

we took the delta, called Dora, out, hurray!

Esermalda

we took the delta, called Dora, out, hurray!

Post by Esermalda on Sat 26 May 2012, 8:42 pm

The title just about says it all really.
We took her up to Leek, in the peak district, last week, and it rained while we were travelling and rained all night and rained every day. Even the dog refused to walk on the mud....which was all around us by the end of three days.
We had to change wellies from outside the door to inside shoes until it became impossible to decide which was dirtier.
We put the awning up easily so the practise at home worked really well, the awning is really a godsend.
We went to see a designer for sale and I realised that I have used up all the locker space in the delta with stuff and would therefore not get it all in, in the designer, so all in all we are happy as possible with the delta.
When it came to coming home it was still raining and we put the awning down with all that rain and mud and I DIDN'T CARE, so much worry off my shoulders.Putting the cabin down was a doddle after using a broom to whack the roof to knock off the excess water.WOW Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
This week we went for three days to Cofton country site near Dawlish.
The weather was perfect, sunny and hot.
We had a great time, fish and chip takeaway on the first evening.
Pub dinner on the second evening. All on site with the second best dog walking I have ever been to. No little garden space to walk them, oh no, a ten acre meadow and woods to walk around, lovely views of the site. All within walking distance.
And fishing too if thats your thing,
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Essie xxxx

Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: we took the delta, called Dora, out, hurray!

Post by Helen on Sat 26 May 2012, 9:08 pm

Sounds like you enjoyed all the things that make your dandy great!

Knew you would love it once you'd been away in it.
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 26 May 2012, 9:34 pm

awesome glad you are enjoying dora
x
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 27 May 2012, 5:26 am

Esermalda wrote:The title just about says it all really.
We took her up to Leek, in the peak district, last week, and it rained while we were travelling and rained all night and rained every day. Even the dog refused to walk on the mud....which was all around us by the end of three days.
We had to change wellies from outside the door to inside shoes until it became impossible to decide which was dirtier.
We put the awning up easily so the practise at home worked really well, the awning is really a godsend.
We went to see a designer for sale and I realised that I have used up all the locker space in the delta with stuff and would therefore not get it all in, in the designer, so all in all we are happy as possible with the delta.
When it came to coming home it was still raining and we put the awning down with all that rain and mud and I DIDN'T CARE, so much worry off my shoulders.Putting the cabin down was a doddle after using a broom to whack the roof to knock off the excess water.WOW Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
This week we went for three days to Cofton country site near Dawlish.
The weather was perfect, sunny and hot.
We had a great time, fish and chip takeaway on the first evening.
Pub dinner on the second evening. All on site with the second best dog walking I have ever been to. No little garden space to walk them, oh no, a ten acre meadow and woods to walk around, lovely views of the site. All within walking distance.
And fishing too if thats your thing,
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Essie xxxx

on your first outing,i have said before we should feel guilty about that smug feeling when folding down wet,if you ever pack away wet and then find on re erecting the windows have gone a milky white dont worry it clears.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 28 May 2012, 1:01 pm

on your first trip, glad you enjoyed it.
Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad on Mon 28 May 2012, 8:06 pm

That's two trips, one wet and one dry & sunny, so you are now seasoned Dandyers. Bet you can't wait for the next trip.

Steve
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 29 May 2012, 12:06 am

flower glad to see the rain didn't put you off and rewarded with sunshine on the second but the question I have is did you get your bed wet or was it ok I have put up in gale force winds but not done rain yet but glad you enjoyed your holls in Dora flower
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Wed 30 May 2012, 11:51 am

no bed wetting problems at all, really. The night temperatures meant the heater was on all night as suggested by Mike. (One type of bed wetting Shocked) We had no problems with condensation at all in the cabin, the awning was a different story, maybe a groundsheet or something but the MUD affraid affraid affraid Oh and I forgot to mention the resident cat, who with Muddy Paws walked all over my chair and all over the table. I laughed, as we have a dog that hates cats and she(the dog) wouldnt walk on the mud.
when it came to putting down I whacked the roof from inside with a broom and dislodges as much rain as possible. As it was still raining, we just made sure that the roof (the overhang) stayed on the strings as well as we could and got it down without any runoff onto the bedding at all.
For the first time, Mark didnt get all the water off the awning on top of him, cos I had whacked that as well. In all the rain, and with the onlookers from the caravan next door, we calmly laid the awning on the grass/mud and folded it ( Neutral neatly) I hadnt identified the emotion SMUG til Mike mentioned it earlier but guilt? naw!
Essie xxxx
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Wed 30 May 2012, 12:25 pm

Razz brilliant that's the way to do it and now that is logged into the brain that's the way if needed will be done
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 30 May 2012, 8:11 pm

well done Essie,
a couple of cheap sheets sewn together then threaded over the awning roof poles catch any drips you may get in there and it looks really pretty too. flower

We have both a breathable and a Dandy pvc groundsheet and still get some condensation in the awning scratch

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 23 Jun 2018, 2:46 pm