Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hello from more Newbies!

LancashireLass

Hello from more Newbies!

Post by LancashireLass on Sat 26 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Hi! New to forums and this great website so not quite sure what I am doing!? Anyway, we have just bought a great Dandy Destiny (1993) and are thrilled with our upgrade. Have booked a 4nt break in the Lakes over half-term to try it out with our two sons. Have read lots of interesting posts so thought it was time I said Hello and joined in!
Happy holidays!
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Re: Hello from more Newbies!

Post by Phoenix on Sat 26 May 2012, 11:23 pm

ThePagens wrote:Hi! New to forums and this great website so not quite sure what I am doing!? Anyway, we have just bought a great Dandy Destiny (1993) and are thrilled with our upgrade. Have booked a 4nt break in the Lakes over half-term to try it out with our two sons. Have read lots of interesting posts so thought it was time I said Hello and joined in!
Happy holidays!

Hello ThePagens and

You seem to be doing OK, we all had to learn to start with.

Hope you enjoy your break in your upgrade.

Happy Dandying!!!!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 27 May 2012, 9:32 am

Welcome to the Dandy Campers forum
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 27 May 2012, 10:25 am

1993 a transition year, is it a lowside or highside Destiny?

I suppose you will be having a busy year with the Destiny too.

So many things to do the Solstice, Lamas, Autumn Equinox.............Ah sorry your the Pagens, bit of a mistake on my part then.

LancashireLass

Post by LancashireLass on Sun 27 May 2012, 9:54 pm

Hi! High sided - decided to go for the built in fridge and more room to pack stuff. Our two boys will be happy, as it means there will be less stuff packed around them in the car. Or at least that's the theory! The practice will probably be that we'll just end up taking more. I'll have to be very strict. Although it'll porably be me saying 'Ahh! Please can a take an extra pillow!'
Elizabeth
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 27 May 2012, 10:01 pm

You'll end up packing more stuff Laughing

I would anyway just to make sure the two boys don't invite any friends due to the spare room in the car lol!
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 28 May 2012, 12:01 pm

Hi and on your purchase.

You will probably end up taking more stuff, it's easy done. Have you a roof box yet? lol!
Terry Baynham

Hello!!!

Post by Terry Baynham on Mon 28 May 2012, 12:15 pm

Hi and welcome to the friendliest forum in the known universe. You won't regret buying your Dandy.
Terry and April B drunken drunken drunken
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 28 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Hello Lancashire Lass

So no one who visited after yesterday afternoon will know why I posted my original comment.

We are all interested (Well I am anyway) in your highside Destiny.

What length is it? The highside Destinys generally had a body length of 274cm so I'm wondering is yours different?

Being made in 1993 I don't know if your Destiny was an early experiment (highsides started in 1993) or if it was cropped for someone with limited space.

Do you have any idea? did details get passed on?

LancashireLass

Post by LancashireLass on Mon 28 May 2012, 3:58 pm

Hi! Well, went out with the tape and body does measure 274cm. Had a look on Riva site to see what you meant about straight sides and now see what you mean. I am a complete newbie to Dandys. I'm curious what made you think it was 1993? Was it these straight sides?
It came with some paperwork including an old invoice/receipt from Dandy Caravans, Burscough Nr Ormskirk dated 22/1/2000 for £4500 but it has 1994 written on it? What do you think?
Elizabeth

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 28 May 2012, 4:16 pm

What made me think it was from 1993?
Well unless I'm very confused the people who sold it in Leeds listed it as a 1993 Destiny.
As it's sold the ad disappears from Preloved unlike eBay.
Did you print off a copy of the advert from Preloved?
Or did you see the advert somewhere else where you can still look at it and check the sellers details(hint) somewhere where it might not be proper for me to provide a link to?

LancashireLass

Post by LancashireLass on Mon 28 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Hi! I did print off the description from Preloved but it doesn't say the year. It was probably in the heading? Not sure what your last comment means. Sorry, I think I am probably being very dim! Embarassed I thought you knew by looking at the camper ie they didn't make them with straight sides after 1993...

Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 29 May 2012, 12:47 am

LancashireLass wrote:Hi! New to forums and this great website so not quite sure what I am doing!? Anyway, we have just bought a great Dandy Destiny (1993) and are thrilled with our upgrade. Have booked a 4nt break in the Lakes over half-term to try it out with our two sons. Have read lots of interesting posts so thought it was time I said Hello and joined in!
Happy holidays!

glad to see another Dandy Diva in the making as for taking to much stuff I will just whisper to you vacuum pack and if you get a hand held vacuum that sorts the problem of packing on the way back I find it a god send

as for 1993 you mentioned it in your quote above
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 29 May 2012, 8:01 am

Missed that year reference Caz.
Re the vacuum packs. I don't know if it's an old wives tale, or perhaps more accurately a new wives tale as vacuum packs are relatively recent but I was told to exercise caution in their use.
Like compression sacks vacuum packs should only be used for a limited amount of time on quilts or sleeping bags just for travel time and not to store. If used for to long the insulator looses the ability to "plump up" and fill full of air therefore losing it's ability as an insulator.
Terry Baynham

Post by Terry Baynham on Tue 29 May 2012, 1:11 pm

By the way.... Who needs a hoover. I just roll on them with the valve open.... I am a big fatty though!!!!
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Wed 30 May 2012, 12:43 am

Tow Itch wrote: Missed that year reference Caz.
Re the vacuum packs. I don't know if it's an old wives tale, or perhaps more accurately a new wives tale as vacuum packs are relatively recent but I was told to exercise caution in their use.
Like compression sacks vacuum packs should only be used for a limited amount of time on quilts or sleeping bags just for travel time and not to store. If used for to long the insulator looses the ability to "plump up" and fill full of air therefore losing it's ability as an insulator.

I only use for traveling storage i.e bedding pack = 1 x dbl sheet, 2x pillows & cases, dbl duvet & cover in a large bag for each bed Very Happy as over loading them can cause a hernia when picking them up or as Terry say's my friend did that but bust the bag then I found a black rubbish bag is just as good with insulating tape rapped around after vacuumed to seal it flower
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 30 May 2012, 1:51 am

Terry Baynham wrote:By the way.... Who needs a hoover. I just roll on them with the valve open.... I am a big fatty though!!!!

Mr Churchill You Sir, are drunk.
Lady Astor Madam, You are ugly..... In the morning I shall be sober!!!

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Terry it was Liverpool's own Bessie Braddock the full quote being:

Braddock: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk."
Churchill: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."

Nancy Viscountess Astors most famous exchange with Churchill (If it ever actually occurred was)
Possibly the most famous of all such anecdotes reports that Lady Astor said to Churchill, "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea," to which he responded, "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Though personally I like: Astor was also said to have responded to a question from Churchill about what disguise he should wear to a masquerade ball by saying, "Why don't you come sober, Prime Minister?"
Terry Baynham

Post by Terry Baynham on Wed 30 May 2012, 12:31 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
Terry Baynham wrote:By the way.... Who needs a hoover. I just roll on them with the valve open.... I am a big fatty though!!!!

Mr Churchill You Sir, are drunk.
Lady Astor Madam, You are ugly..... In the morning I shall be sober!!!

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Terry it was Liverpool's own Bessie Braddock the full quote being:

Braddock: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk."
Churchill: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."

Nancy Viscountess Astors most famous exchange with Churchill (If it ever actually occurred was)
Possibly the most famous of all such anecdotes reports that Lady Astor said to Churchill, "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea," to which he responded, "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Though personally I like: Astor was also said to have responded to a question from Churchill about what disguise he should wear to a masquerade ball by saying, "Why don't you come sober, Prime Minister?"

I stand corrected Sir. I shall amend my signature accordingly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 27 May 2018, 8:43 am