Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hi everyone

Skinny latte

Hi everyone

Post by Skinny latte on Tue 29 May 2012, 12:05 am

Hi I'm new to the site and new to Dandys. We have bought a Dandy 6 and were wondering if anyone has instructions of putting up and taking down. By the way this seems to be one of the friendliest forums I've come across and I am looking forward to being a member
Caz1960

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 29 May 2012, 12:12 am

there is a short film on U Tube but it is on one of the smaller ones, but the idea is the same I watched the video about 3 times went to my 6 and wished i was an octopus as legs and arms were every were also with a broom to help then after watched the video again and realized what went where and now find it easier but only with two people although I think Mike can put a 6 up by himself
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 29 May 2012, 12:39 am

Hi and Skinny Latte.

Hope you have fun using your Dandy.

Here is a link to some instructions, hopefully they may be of some help.

Click on the link below, we have just been looking ourselves.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 29 May 2012, 12:36 pm

skinny latte. Hope you sort out the putting of your 6, it's easy when you know how. Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing about your travels. cheers

Phoenix, why are you looking at instructions for a 6, you have a 4 and know how to do it. Is poor Phoenix taking a back seat? lol!
Terry Baynham

Hi everyone

Post by Terry Baynham on Tue 29 May 2012, 12:58 pm

The best way to learn is by doing. Get along to Woodhall Spa (Look at the Dandy meets page) next week and we will all laugh (Oop's sorry, Help) you whilst you have minutes of fun putting up your new tent. You tube is the best place. Just look at the Erecting your dandy video. They are relatively similar to each other in construction and erection. Oh what a rude word. Oh and by the the way
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 29 May 2012, 3:51 pm

congratulations on your dandy 6

We are at Woodhall Spa very soon and you're very welcome to join us where there will be plenty of help and tips on putting up your new Dandy, the instructions and video's are good but plenty of people have their own hints and tips that they have learned along the way.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 29 May 2012, 4:04 pm

Another wise member with a six just had a look at the instructions that phoenix has linked to and they just about cover it the only thing i think it says which we dont do is fix the loose end of the roof before erecting we leave it loose i may have read it wrong though.

mike

Skinny latte

Hi everyone

Post by Skinny latte on Tue 29 May 2012, 5:11 pm

Thank you for your enthusiastic welcome! I love your choice of emotjs

We are away the weekend of Woodall so will struggle through the embarrassment of 1st time erection on our own lol! I will send photos in when we get the Dandy. I don't think she is winterised and has no heater which we are not worried about but are you able to store and carry anything in the trailer whilst in transit or for storage (ie camping equipment - tins in the cupboard etc - is there any storage under the seats for bedding or clothes?

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 29 May 2012, 5:18 pm

Skinny latte wrote:Thank you for your enthusiastic welcome! I love your choice of emotjs

We are away the weekend of Woodall so will struggle through the embarrassment of 1st time erection on our own lol! I will send photos in when we get the Dandy. I don't think she is winterised and has no heater which we are not worried about but are you able to store and carry anything in the trailer whilst in transit or for storage (ie camping equipment - tins in the cupboard etc - is there any storage under the seats for bedding or clothes?

There is a fair amount of storage under the seats,originally if no changes have been made one of the kitchen units stays made up so you can store in that,the wardrobe lays down so you can store in that and a small amount of floor space,you can also carry some gear under the transit cover ie the awning,if you want to carry a chemical toilet inside i think you only have just over 13 inches or if you get a taller one it needs to stored in two pieces

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 29 May 2012, 6:05 pm

I manage to fill every available space inside the Dandy ....... never mind the cupboards and on top affraid

I'm sure you'll find a way to get in lots too, I even leave duvets on the beds lol!
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 29 May 2012, 6:12 pm

Helen wrote:I manage to fill every available space inside the Dandy ....... never mind the cupboards and on top affraid

I'm sure you'll find a way to get in lots too, I even leave duvets on the beds lol!

Helen, you'll be amazed at our free space in our classic, but then we do have two boots, front and back, not left and right. lol!
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Wed 30 May 2012, 12:09 am

Very Happy I will say just a reminder or just in-case you haven't read it silicone ( I use Pledge furniture polish with silicone)to spray on the ceiling of your Dandy to help it glide easier also good to spray on the PVC after cleaning the Dandy which will help keep it clean flower
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 30 May 2012, 7:19 am

Caz1960 wrote: Very Happy I will say just a reminder or just in-case you haven't read it silicone ( I use Pledge furniture polish with silicone)to spray on the ceiling of your Dandy to help it glide easier also good to spray on the PVC after cleaning the Dandy which will help keep it clean flower

probably one of the best tips, it makes things so much easier if the roof slides well. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:57 am