Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Stuff on the top

mike
Dandy Owner

Stuff on the top

Post by mike on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

It made it easier being able to carry stuff on top,this was only some of what we had,we also had the awning and frame,the meet shelter,a table,the breathable awning ground sheet was spread on top first as a anti slip matt,and loads of other small bits

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MrsG

Re: Stuff on the top

Post by MrsG on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

We also store things on top Mike, like awning, spare chairs etc - we find this additional space invaluable.....although everyone take heed, do not store your spare wheel near the awning or the roof, it leaves irreversible marks Mad
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:53 pm

MrsG wrote:We also store things on top Mike, like awning, spare chairs etc - we find this additional space invaluable.....although everyone take heed, do not store your spare wheel near the awning or the roof, it leaves irreversible marks Mad

We have a partial wheel mark on the dandy roof you can hardly see it,think one of the previous owners must have been lucky.
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:57 pm

If putting stuff like chairs on top of the PVC roof i like to pad/seperate them from the roof them with a sleeping bag to stop any accidental rips and tears the roof.

Ben
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:00 pm

bgarston wrote:If putting stuff like chairs on top of the PVC roof i like to pad/seperate them from the roof them with a sleeping bag to stop any accidental rips and tears the roof.

Ben

That's coz you are Mr Practical Wink Wink cheers
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:03 pm

MrsG wrote:
bgarston wrote:If putting stuff like chairs on top of the PVC roof i like to pad/seperate them from the roof them with a sleeping bag to stop any accidental rips and tears the roof.

Ben

That's coz you are Mr Practical Wink Wink cheers

Aka annoying to Lucie! ;-)
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

The picture is a practice load i put the breathable ground sheet over the complete dandy first to protect the roof and to avoid things slipping.
jake001

Post by jake001 on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:49 pm

One of these may stop the spare wheel making marks on the roof

I'll let you know when I arrive at Woodhall on friday as I have one Smile

ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:49 pm

jake001 wrote:One of these may stop the spare wheel making marks on the roof

I am sure it does but just use one of these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It works just as good

Shaun
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:13 am

ShaunJUK wrote:
jake001 wrote:One of these may stop the spare wheel making marks on the roof

I am sure it does but just use one of these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It works just as good

Shaun

Shaun

Not completely certain but I'd check your spare wheel when I put mine into a bin liner it looks slightly different to the one in your photo.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 5:27 pm

We learned a few new tips this weekend and have used Ben and Lucie's way of carrying the awning by simply folding and spreading it across the Dandy then putting the cover on top ....... a lot easier than trying to get it into the awning bag
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

Helen wrote:We learned a few new tips this weekend and have used Ben and Lucie's way of carrying the awning by simply folding and spreading it across the Dandy then putting the cover on top ....... a lot easier than trying to get it into the awning bag

Aside from putting faces to names, meeting and making new friends this is what meets are all about. Glad folding it up and putting it on top is easier for you. To be honest we cant really take any credit for doing this as we've not got a bag for our awning so putting it on top seemed like the only way forward.

Ben
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:19 pm

flower I spread the awning on top across and put the poles in the bag saves time but also save time is the way folding the awning so it is put up easier flower

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

MrsG wrote:We also store things on top Mike, like awning, spare chairs etc - we find this additional space invaluable.....although everyone take heed, do not store your spare wheel near the awning or the roof, it leaves irreversible marks Mad

Ref the spare wheel guys , my wife and i went to a £1 world shop, and got a laundry blue bag the spare wheel fits into it great, with draw string neck.
No mud in boot and no black marks on roof or awning, from the wheel.

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

mike wrote:It made it easier being able to carry stuff on top,this was only some of what we had,we also had the awning and frame,the meet shelter,a table,the breathable awning ground sheet was spread on top first as a anti slip matt,and loads of other small bits

Hi mike, i see a great idea you have, but my dandy is a discovery and when folded the roof is on the top with a verry small section for storage of awning poles if i do as you do then i would have to put all loaded stuff on top of the folded roof.
If i am wrong then plse inform me guys , i need more room to store stuff .
My C3 has a verry small boot, great mpg when towing dandy 60 mpg at 60 mph.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:30 pm

Your right, we can only store on one side of our Dandy as the rest is folded roof, we do now put the folded awning onto that and a couple of plastic folding tables on top of that too. Rolling Eyes

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:41 pm

Thanks Helen, so i could put the awning over the roof, then some kind of a paded cover over that, then put stuff ontop.
May look at doing that over the winter.
And get a wastmaster, aquaroll , and get a biger new cover from the place shown on posts.
may put aqua roll in boot and more flat stuff like tire on top.

Going to stoke on Mon to get the bed struts fited.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:52 pm

We have the square waste and fresh water containers, we manage to fit the awning poles, containers, folding trolley to put the containers on, folding bbq and a folding wardrobe in the space at the side. Oh and a sweeping brush lol!

If you get the right shaped stuff it's amazing how much you can fit into that bit of space. cheers cheers

And ....... we fit 3 windbreaks in the gap to one side that's created when the dandy is folded Laughing

HIDEHI

thanks

Post by HIDEHI on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 8:46 am

Nice 1 Helen we have the same water carriors as you, well reading your last post has saved me loads of money lol! .
Dont have to get biger cover, jest new bungee for old 1.
plus no aquaroll or waste master.
We jest purchased a folding table to put in the awning and when it opens there is 2 folding storage with ziped doors each side.
were did you get a folding wardrobe from ??
we got our stuff from amizon cheap and quick delivery.

( woman that is )
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 9:03 am

Ours came from a local camping shop and it can be used as a wardrobe or larder if you put all the shelves into position, we leave the majority of shelves in the bottom and just use the one shelf and the rail that's fitted to the top. You can get lots in it Laughing it also has a top that fits on so you can shove stuff on there too and the whole lot fits into its own bag that's just a bit bigger than the shelves.

This is almost the same but hasn't got the hard top bit.

As soon as we get chance I'll take a photo of our Dandy folded with all the stuff we carry on top and where the windbreaks slide into and add it to the thread I did of the inside packed away. It's a bit like a giant jig saw but we know where all the bits fit lol!

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:13 am

Helen wrote:Ours came from a local camping shop and it can be used as a wardrobe or larder if you put all the shelves into position, we leave the majority of shelves in the bottom and just use the one shelf and the rail that's fitted to the top. You can get lots in it Laughing it also has a top that fits on so you can shove stuff on there too and the whole lot fits into its own bag that's just a bit bigger than the shelves.

This is almost the same but hasn't got the hard top bit.

As soon as we get chance I'll take a photo of our Dandy folded with all the stuff we carry on top and where the windbreaks slide into and add it to the thread I did of the inside packed away. It's a bit like a giant jig saw but we know where all the bits fit lol!

Again thank you Helen
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 18 Oct 2012, 3:46 pm

We have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which fits inside our Dandy Discovery. It was 40 quid only a few years ago. Shocked

It's nice and big, but not too bulky.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:29 pm