Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hello Fellow Dandy Owners!

kas77

Hello Fellow Dandy Owners!

Post by kas77 on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:15 pm

Hello fellow Dandy owners,

I have an older Dandy (orange in colour) it needs a bit of work, but I am making it my project. I'm looking forward to collecting vintage bits and pieces and having some time away in it over the summer. I am quite new to Dandy's, but have had a few trips away in mine already, West Witterings (lovely!) and Hayling Island. I have a Pinterest board where I am uploading photos and ideas to pimp up my Dandy if you are interested, also if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Kind Regards Karen Very Happy cheers

mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Hello Fellow Dandy Owners!

Post by mike on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:21 pm

Kas77 to the forum,cant help with pimping ime a traditionalist but there are plenty of members into it lots are away at the moment at our 1st birthday meet i just got home today,looking forward to seeing some pictures,i think we still have the even day wait for new members to post pictures but if you want you can email them to me and i will post them for you.

mike
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:28 pm

hi ya Kas as Mike is a trad I love to glamp ( think a variation of your pimping )if you look on the post for glamping that Helen put up with great pictures can't wait for pictures from you!!
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

Hello and Kas77

What size is your ORANGE Dandy? Ours is a baby 4 berth.
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:34 pm

Hi Kas....Also a traditionalist, our Dandy 6 is completely original from 1989. Would love to see some pictures of your Dandy and its progress Very Happy

My sister in law is after a retro Dandy 4 sized camper so I'm sure she would also love to see yours and chart its progress....she will have to it herself soon!!!

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

MrsG wrote:Hi Kas....Also a traditionalist, our Dandy 6 is completely original from 1989. Would love to see some pictures of your Dandy and its progress Very Happy

My sister in law is after a retro Dandy 4 sized camper so I'm sure she would also love to see yours and chart its progress....she will have to it herself soon!!!

You have to see Lucie and Bens dandy to appreciate the condition,23 years old and the way they will look after it will still be used for camping in another 23 years,and thats not joking
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

I've pimped my Dandy and am looking forward to seeing pics of yours
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:42 pm

Hi and welcome
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

welcome to the forum Kas77

i'm sure you'll find lots of information here that will help you and we love to see pics of projects as they go along

kas77

Hello and thank you for making me feel so welcome!

Post by kas77 on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!!! I have been having a good look at photos, to get ideas. Thanks for the suggestions! I have a four berth, its in very original condition. I am thinking of putting some vinyl tiles on the floor, as not so keen on the yellow and brown carpet! and I am having fun picking out some fabric for curtains. I don't have a fitted oven or electrics so have to work on that and no pump either!!! I have an old Tiley oven that came with it, but I am not sure I will get it working. I will post pictures if I can otherwise I will send them to the nice admin man. Mike, will I find Lucy and Ben's Dandy pics in the gallery?
Kind Regards and thanks again for the nice welcome!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

Hi Kas

Our 60's Dandy is full of vintage bits and pieces, it's great fun finding and collecting 'useful' bits for it. lol! We would never customise him, because he is 100% original and in fantastic condition

Our 80's Dandy is going to be lightly pimped and customised in the future, it's already been modified, so it won't detract from him.

I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts, ideas and plans.
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:29 pm

mike wrote:
MrsG wrote:Hi Kas....Also a traditionalist, our Dandy 6 is completely original from 1989. Would love to see some pictures of your Dandy and its progress Very Happy

You have to see Lucie and Bens dandy to appreciate the condition,23 years old and the way they will look after it will still be used for camping in another 23 years,and thats not joking

Thanks for the kind words Mike. Embarassed If you look closely you'll see our Dandy 6 (Delilah) isn't perfect and needs odd bits and pieces sorting. For a number of years it was my parents means of taking my brother, sister and I on holiday during almost every school holiday; she even had a trip down to Austria and was craned on to a boat to go to the Isles of Scilly. I dread to think how many miles Delilah has under her belt. Although she is now garaged for the best part of 23 years she has been stored outside in all winds and weathers. Despite all of ths she has been well cared for. All things considered this it a true testament to the design of the ultimate camper and not something Lucie and I can take much credit for (yet).

Ben

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 25 May 2018, 4:13 am