Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Velcro Modification

ShaunJUK

Velcro Modification

Post by ShaunJUK on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 11:16 am

So whilst at Woodhall I sat and replaced all my Velcro, however I then put it away and forgot so it all ripped off again.

I am now going to try again but experiment with flexible magnetic strip.

It should stil together on erection and just pull itself apart on folding.

Any thoughts?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Velcro Modification

Post by mike on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 11:37 am

ShaunJUK wrote:So whilst at Woodhall I sat and replaced all my Velcro, however I then put it away and forgot so it all ripped off again.

I am now going to try again but experiment with flexible magnetic strip.

It should stil together on erection and just pull itself apart on folding.

Any thoughts?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sounds too good to be true so easy,will be very interested because i need some velcro replacing
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:06 pm

My only experience of this magnetic strip, is the self adhesive side came adrift in the heat, but the magnetic side held. It is always possible mine was of rubbish quality, it came with something or other. But otherwise it should do the trick, looking forward to your progress report. Very Happy
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

cazz wrote:My only experience of this magnetic strip, is the self adhesive side came adrift in the heat, but the magnetic side held. It is always possible mine was of rubbish quality, it came with something or other. But otherwise it should do the trick, looking forward to your progress report. Very Happy

I'm sure if that became a problem it could be encouraged to stay in place with a little contact adhesive.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:15 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
cazz wrote:My only experience of this magnetic strip, is the self adhesive side came adrift in the heat, but the magnetic side held. It is always possible mine was of rubbish quality, it came with something or other. But otherwise it should do the trick, looking forward to your progress report. Very Happy

I'm sure if that became a problem it could be encouraged to stay in place with a little contact adhesive.

That's true, and too sensible for me think of, until faced with the stuff and Dandy in hand. lol!
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:38 pm

Well I am away this weekend so will be trying out the magnetic strip, will post pics and comments
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

the magnetic strips sounds better as my Velcro has to be replaced as its on only in bits and pieces and find I seem to scratch myself with it ( accidentally )
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:10 pm

Phew what a scorcher, too hot to do too much but I did get the front side of the dandy done, works great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017, 7:44 am