Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Lol and Steve's Destiny

Lol and Steve

Lol and Steve's Destiny

Post by Lol and Steve on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have tried to upload some photo's i hope they have worked.
If not i will be back to the drawing board.

lol!
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Re: Lol and Steve's Destiny

Post by vickoir on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:28 pm

they worked lol, looking good
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:33 pm

I can't believe it worked, i had my hubby over my shoulder telling me what to press, then he gave up so i just tried a few things, i hope i can remember what i did for the next time.

lol!
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:15 am

well done!! i haven't yet figured out how to post pics so i'm very impressed and your destiny looks great Smile
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:30 am

Looks good,bet your pleased uploading the pictures
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:14 am

It is lovely Lorraine ........ If you do put new curtains and stuff in I would keep the ones you take out.
I have covered my seats and stuff but the originals are still there and I have kept my original tie backs too. I did make some light blue curtains that were similar to the thread-bare ones I took out. This way if someone ever wanted it to go back to the original then it can.

covering the seats will protect the ones you have but I have to say that yours already look really nice. Smile

It is a lovely Dandy Lorraine sunny
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:47 pm

Thankyou everyone,

I was quite pleased with myself once it worked but it did take me ages, and i don't know if i will remember what i did or wether it was just luck.

It isn't this dandy i am going to cover Helen, these covers and curtains are fairly new, it was like this when we bought it Very Happy and we did get a bargain cos when we went to Ian to get a couple of wing bars replaced that were twisted, he said that they cost £750 cos the seats inside would be new too, when i got home i unzipped the back of the covers and hey presto he was right they were new, i hadn't even thought they would be i just thought they had new covers on.

I have got a little 4 berth dart that i love and just can't part with, it's got all the insulation, a roof lining and two side skirts plus the awning.

I was just thinking of giving it a little spruce up now i have got a bit of time to myself.

The thinking is we may use it for weekends cos it is so easy to get in and out of the garden, cos we have to winch the big one once it's packed ready to go.

lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:42 pm

Sounds like a plan, a weekend Dandy now that is posh cheers
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:09 pm

one of the last of the properly built Dandy's and with the modern late interior trim,that's really smart and i guess lighter than the dark blue destiny.
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:50 pm

Yes Nick it's a 98 and it had all the new seating and curtains when we bought it, that was why i looked at it cos to be honest we had only just bought a dandy 6 from preloved that we were really happy with so we weren't looking for one, i just couldn't resist it.

Then of course we had 3 so i had to sell the one i had just bought or Steve was gonna divorce me, (he's ok with 2 but i have to resist being tempted by any others.)

I think all the destiny's of the same size were more or less the same weight, it's the one with the toilet that is noticeably heavier.

lol!
Owd Lad

Nice Destiny!

Post by Owd Lad on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:54 pm

Lovely looking rig. The dark blue interior trimming is very appealing. I noticed that you've also found another use for the small cabinet, rather than have the wardrobe on it. On our old Destiny we found the wardrobe to be of limited use as a wardrobe and a great user up of space when the rig was packed down. It must be said thought that it served well as a draught excluder/deflector when the door was open.
Steve
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:19 pm

Thanks,

I have only just took the wardrobe out because my hubby said it takes up too much space, and as you said it doesn't hold much.

When we are packing up it takes hours to pack everything away, so i am going to try using it without the wardrobe, although i will now have to find somewhere else to put the sleeping bags.

lol!
carl

Post by carl on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:27 pm

nice clean and tidy unit you have looks good in the dark blue covers
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:25 pm

Thanks i have just spring cleaned it though, it doesn't always look like that (especially after 2 weeks camping in it.)

I have the outside of the roof to do next cos it is really dirty, i just hope the weather is as nice tomorrow as it was today and i will make a start on it.

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:50 am