Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas?

creativetux

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas?

Post by creativetux on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 9:12 am

Hey campers!

Just unpacked the awning its as per the title, seem to have a mass of poles to make up a frame. This doesn't look anything like the original Dandy awnings with the hook over poles that I had on my two other ones.

Does anyone have any info or a diagram on the frame and what goes where? Im a little puzzled as to where everything should go at the moment.

Thanks

mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas?

Post by mike on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

creativetux wrote:Hey campers!

Just unpacked the awning its as per the title, seem to have a mass of poles to make up a frame. This doesn't look anything like the original Dandy awnings with the hook over poles that I had on my two other ones.

Does anyone have any info or a diagram on the frame and what goes where? Im a little puzzled as to where everything should go at the moment.

Thanks

It could be like a frame tent ie a complete frame that stands against the dandy,but just guessing
creativetux

Post by creativetux on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:20 am

Ok, I took the canvas and kind of matched poles up.

You were right, its like a free standing frame tent with a big doorway at the back for the campers door, above that is a PVC panel to tuck under the Dandy's roof.

I will draw up a diagram to share later tonight. But its up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

looks good
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:30 pm

Looks Brilliant, great match for the Dandy
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:57 pm

Well done for constructing an awning for the first time, it's such an achievement. It also looks a good match for your Dandy.
creativetux

Post by creativetux on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

Thankyou, working on a frame diagram for uploading as reference because I've not seen one online for this Lichfield awning.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:07 pm

Seen a few dandys on ebay with them but not many
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:14 pm

that look brilliant large windows and a perfect match can't wait to hear of your adventures together
vnuala

hi

Post by vnuala on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:41 am

creativetux wrote:Ok, I took the canvas and kind of matched poles up.

You were right, its like a free standing frame tent with a big doorway at the back for the campers door, above that is a PVC panel to tuck under the Dandy's roof.

I will draw up a diagram to share later tonight. But its up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hi this is just what i am looking for ,,,can i ask where you got it from please,,,,looks fab by the way , vicky. Very Happy Very Happy
creativetux

Post by creativetux on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:05 am

Hi Vicky,

It came with my camper, I know its over 20+ years old so I'm not sure. Its basically a free standard awning with a plastic flat that fits under the Dandy roof above the door.

I went to Camperlands in Northenden yesterday morning and there was plenty of similar things intended for Motorhomes and used those dome tent poles rather than those of a frame tent.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

Vicky

This may be of use. I saw this ad on eBay yesterday [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and I was reminded that a lot of Conways are the same size as Dandys. Admittedly this is one of the larger ones.
Dimensions for Conways can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and selecting option 12 Conway trailer tent sizes.
I'm sure one will match up to you.
The downside: There isn't a full tent frame ad the poles are meant to attach in a different manner so new pole ends would have to me sorted to provide the u section to fold ove the Dandy wall. This has been done by others and the ends could be supplied by Riva if your not practical on metal bending.
A zip would need to be sewn into the Dandy, or a Piece of PVC that then mimicked the flap that attaches an awning on a Dandy. I'm not sue what Conway do for the flaps that seal off the under bed areas.

Have you seen what Conway awnings go for? Often for nowt and there are a lot more Conway awnings than Dandy awnings about: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this might inspire you or someone else.
vnuala

Post by vnuala on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm

Thanks for your reply Smile i managed to pick a cheap one up at the weekend from preloved (cheaper than ebay)it is similar style to yours but i think a bit smaller. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:04 am