Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Packing my Dandy Trailer Tent

Helen
Dandy Owner

Packing my Dandy Trailer Tent

Post by Helen on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm

Just a few pictures showing how I pack inside my Designer

Loo is split into two and put in black bags then it fits under the table, the pedestal leg is sat on the wheel arch as are the settee support bars. Roof poles slot onto the Dandy tub frame.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chair cushions go on the other side next to the wheel arch and door

We pull up the pump and put it into a bag in the sink and then place the cooker and sink unit as below

The shelf fits under the seats along with lots of other stuff including pillows, the duvets stay on my beds, there's lots of space for the steps which we put in a bag. Still leaves loads of space for cushions and my memory foam topper is simply put on top of everything in the middle Very Happy

Last edited by Helen on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
creativetux

Re: Packing my Dandy Trailer Tent

Post by creativetux on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:29 am

Never thought of leaving the quilts on the beds. Great idea whilst hopping from site to site touring.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:30 am

Thanks for that Helen.
I've not put the table on top of the seats for fear of it lifting the the roof bars too high.
Then putting the table top on the floor limits the placing of the cooker so much so that it then impinges into floor space combined with the table on the floor. Meaning I've had to leave the Loo out of the Dandy. I'm not sure I'd want to split it in two but even if that's all I can manage it's better than what I've got.

What is the board on top of the middle shelf of the cooker.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:19 am

The board on top of the units is the back panel of the folding centre cupboard. The piece that comes out when folding has a wooden baton across the top, we place this bit baton down with the baton closest the rear wall, it sits easily there. We don't put it over the unit handles. Very Happy

The Loo gets a good clean and is emptied before we put it in the bags, it depends on the loo height as the last one we had fit under without being split. As the table is at the higher bed side there is plenty of space above it and once the Dandy's all folded down there's a gap over the table where we slide the windbreaks into.

It is amazing just how much spare space you have to put your stuff inside a Dandy, we use the top cupboard, the bottom ones and under both seats. Very Happy You can only see 3 roof poles in the picture as the last one was still in place but it fits alongside the others as you fold down.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:08 am

Helen wrote:The board on top of the units is the back panel of the folding centre cupboard. The piece that comes out when folding has a wooden baton across the top, we place this bit baton down with the baton closest the rear wall, it sits easily there. We don't put it over the unit handles. Very Happy

The Loo gets a good clean and is emptied before we put it in the bags, it depends on the loo height as the last one we had fit under without being split. As the table is at the higher bed side there is plenty of space above it and once the Dandy's all folded down there's a gap over the table where we slide the windbreaks into.

It is amazing just how much spare space you have to put your stuff inside a Dandy, we use the top cupboard, the bottom ones and under both seats. Very Happy You can only see 3 roof poles in the picture as the last one was still in place but it fits alongside the others as you fold down.

I was not inferring anything about your toilet cleaning regime when I said I'd not like to split the loo. Probably more worried about the quality of my own cleaning. If I don't have the thickness of the table interfering with the loo I think mine is shallow enough to go in, it went in the Green Un.

It's not the bed I was thinking of limiting the space for the poles but the door and window sides. Do'h it's a 5 not a 4 the solid sides don't go that far.

After embarrassing myself realising that, it's now time to cause a D'oh moment for you Helen. The back board you have on top of the cupboard. If you place it at the bottom of the folding sides with the baton uppermost and to the window it then lies flush on the pipes that go through the bottom cupboard. This way it seals the ends of the pipes and stops off that route of ingress from furry friends when in storage.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

I'll try with the board the other way next time, every little helps when keeping rodents out. I made a small ball out of chicken wire and duck tape with a length of string attached and pop that in the top of the water outlet pipe to stop any unwanted visitors, the string is to pull it out at the top should it go down too far. Smile

As for the clean loo ...... if John packed the inside then it probably wouldn't be as clean. The old loo was easier to pack as it wasn't as tall so didn't need to be split but it was harder to get up and down off What a Face
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:13 pm

creativetux wrote:Never thought of leaving the quilts on the beds. Great idea whilst hopping from site to site touring.

I did and do if I am going from camp to camp its easier and I also make beds up and then fold her the night before I go as all set when I arrive at camp flower
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:20 pm

I leave the duvets on the beds permanently but change the covers for clean ones before we fold it so when we go away again we can just open it up. I take the ones I brought home to wash back with me to do the same before we leave. Very Happy

HIDEHI

Rodents

Post by HIDEHI on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 11:17 am

Helen wrote:I'll try with the board the other way next time, every little helps when keeping rodents out. I made a small ball out of chicken wire and duck tape with a length of string attached and pop that in the top of the water outlet pipe to stop any unwanted visitors, the string is to pull it out at the top should it go down too far. Smile

As for the clean loo ...... if John packed the inside then it probably wouldn't be as clean. The old loo was easier to pack as it wasn't as tall so didn't need to be split but it was harder to get up and down off What a Face

Jest asking as i will have to keep hidehi dandy on a local farm storage site, you say about the rodents and the waste pipe .
is there any other way these guys can get into the dandy while at storage.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

HIDEHI wrote:
Helen wrote:I'll try with the board the other way next time, every little helps when keeping rodents out. I made a small ball out of chicken wire and duck tape with a length of string attached and pop that in the top of the water outlet pipe to stop any unwanted visitors, the string is to pull it out at the top should it go down too far. Smile

Jest asking as i will have to keep hidehi dandy on a local farm storage site, you say about the rodents and the waste pipe .

The splash guard from the cooker will often lay over the pipe tops before you fold the cupboard down,after that i just made sure there was nothing they could climb up and it worked in the barn,of course dont leave any food in but i bet you knew that.

mike

HIDEHI

Thanks Mike

Post by HIDEHI on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:02 pm

mike wrote:
HIDEHI wrote:

The splash guard from the cooker will often lay over the pipe tops before you fold the cupboard down,after that i just made sure there was nothing they could climb up and it worked in the barn,of course dont leave any food in but i bet you knew that.

mike

Thanks Mike, well only a few days to go now, and hidehi dandy will be in his new home lol cheers
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:21 pm

Hmmm interesting, we're going to take some pictures the 1st time we put Olivia up, so that we can replicate how her previous owner Steve has packed her away. I'm always interested in how other people pack away, as our packing has always been a bit haphazard if I'm honest.
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

Both of pack away slightly differently, they're like a 3D puzzle. lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:53 pm

Bumping this following the recent discussion on weight distribution, when my Dandy's folded there's a space to slot my windbreaks in just over the folded down table. When the Dandy's folded down there's a space on the opposite side to where my cooker/sink unit sits on the floor, we use that space for the awning in the hope it balances stuff out ..... how do you pack your dandy Question

It may help new owners to see how other pack inside.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm

With a six you have two decent sized lockers and a laid down wardrobe,plus a spce as you step in,but i still need to use the top

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:31 pm