Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

problems with condensation.

stephanie

problems with condensation.

Post by stephanie on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:34 pm

Hi all - its that time of year for us again... poor old dandy (orn b1985) only gets out a couple of times a year. Can anyone help. Last outing had considerable problems with condensation. This had never been a problem before, and used to sit all all dry and warm. Not last time. Water pouring down sides and off roof. I have roof insulation, but not on the sides. It was a really wet time when we were out, almost as bad as this years rain. But it was incredibly windy too. Again, have never been out in the Dandy and worried that it wasn't goint to hold out but was a bit touch and go last time. She moved around a bit. Moving in the wind I can cope with, but I am not looking forward to being so damp. All the duvets and sleeping bags were soaked. Its putting me off. Any ideas please Very Happy
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: problems with condensation.

Post by mike on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

Sorry you have had this problem,condensation happens in all camping units to one degree or another unless they are insulated,obviously weather conditions are a factor.our first dandy was insulated and we had no condensation problems,the one we have now isnt and we had a slight problem when we hadn't had it long,we have now nearly cured it i say nearly because i think we may get some behind our home made panels but its no problem to us as it cant get to the pillows and bedding.
This is a thread showing what we did

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:07 pm

stephanie wrote:Hi all - its that time of year for us again... poor old dandy (orn b1985) only gets out a couple of times a year. Can anyone help. Last outing had considerable problems with condensation. This had never been a problem before, and used to sit all all dry and warm. Not last time. Water pouring down sides and off roof. I have roof insulation, but not on the sides. It was a really wet time when we were out, almost as bad as this years rain. But it was incredibly windy too. Again, have never been out in the Dandy and worried that it wasn't goint to hold out but was a bit touch and go last time. She moved around a bit. Moving in the wind I can cope with, but I am not looking forward to being so damp. All the duvets and sleeping bags were soaked. Its putting me off. Any ideas please Very Happy

On re reading this i think you dont need to question any of your habits to find the cause i think you could safely put it down to the weather,as you say you have not had the problem before.

mike
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:34 pm

ventilation I know we lock up tight when we leave the Dandy while we go on day trips but with mine I leave the windows on the latch just slightly open just enough to ventilate but if this is not what you would do there are dehumidifiers not the electric ones but cloths that you can place around which absorbs the moisture flower
lynn83

Post by lynn83 on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:53 pm

Ours is insulated, walls included but we had terrible condensation in ours in November, it did make things a bit soggy and you couldn't see out the windows. Would be nice not to have that this year.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:53 pm

lynn83 wrote:Ours is insulated, walls included but we had terrible condensation in ours in November, it did make things a bit soggy and you couldn't see out the windows. Would be nice not to have that this year.

It's not normally a problem in insulated dandy make sure your vents are not blocked It could be a weather thing flower
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 3:13 am

We crank up the heat inside and find that clears the windows and keeps condensation at bay, not good for warm summer nights but it certainly helps in late season camping Very Happy

stephanie

condensation

Post by stephanie on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:37 am

thanks all. It probably is a weather thing and the fact that we have had heating on and used it in a lot of rain - so in reality nothing has a chance to dry off or air. Will have a go at Mike's idea though as this will hopefully create a barrier to the sogginess.

Hope you all enjoy your Dandies over the next weeks and the weather improves. You look like you had a good time at the first meet.

Smile
lynn83

Post by lynn83 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 4:07 pm

We will see how it goes, we had the heater on last year but wow that floor heater kicks out some heat Very Happy
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 4:23 pm

If you are in very wet climatic conditions all the normal rules go out of the window,as helen and others have said in insulated dandys it will not happen,the only time i had problems in my insulated one was the first night we slept in it,had a frost and after listening to all the advice about ventilation ect we turned the heater of and left the window slightly open that was a mistake,the interior temperature dropped we where warm in bed but the inner walls of the dandy got cold so our breathing condensed on the inside walls.
The next night i said sodd it if we are going to get condensation at least its going to be warm in the dandy so we closed the window turned the heater on full and it was boiling,but no condensation,since that day my way with insulated units has been to close every thing up and turn the heat up,it works.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:38 pm