Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Another new one here

Caz1960

Re: Another new one here

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:09 pm

well done and so pleased for you and soon more pictures

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:34 pm

JUST CLICK ON PHOTO TO MAKE BIGGER
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 7:18 am

that is lovely

good find
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:42 am

I like my sun canopy but the awning does make a big difference when we go away for more than a couple of days ..... good luck with the search for an awning.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:53 am

Am I getting this one mixed up with a Dandy with red upholstery on Riva's site?
If I may ask where did it come from?
The side skirts will be diy or expensive. The original ones affix to flaps welded to the walls. It's the bonding to the walls that makes it expensive.
Just a thought unless you get a cheap awning your looking at £200+. If you choose to put zips into the wall to make it more manageable £150.
I was discussing with TVS the possibility of taking a sun canopy and adding Acrylic sides and front to produce an awning. They were looking at £350. A lot of money when you say it all at once but worth considering.

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:50 pm

Hi No i never got it from Riva i got her from West Wales it was not advertised but a couple emailed me to a ad i had on camp-site finder, And as we where going to West Wales for a few day for we looked at her on the Sunday done the deal then picked it up on our way home back to Cardiff . Had time to put it up today in my parents garage and very happy with here, Looks like i will be making the skirts then , and looks like i will be buying free standing awning and make the mods to fit . Today i made sum side brackets for the bed boards as i did not like the boards just sitting on the L brackets the way it does
CLICK ON IMAGE TO MAKE BIGGER
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:29 pm

The brackets look well butch what did you manufacture those from?

If you have the fabric skills to manufacture the skirts you might consider looking at the sun canopy and thinking how you cold turn it into an awning. Either in PVC for robustness or Acrylic for lightness.
I'm a bit of a coward never done fabric myself.

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 5:22 pm

The Brackets are made from 15mm squire box section alloy got it from B&Q think it was £6 you can make about 12 brackets from it , Takes about a hour to make and then a bit longer to to fit then all , I have bolted mine on was going to pop rivet then on but think they would get lose over time and at least you can tighten them up with bolts.
I will have a go at the skirts when i price the PVC, Awning is a different thing lol
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:35 am

Just to prove I'm not away with the fairies, or if so no more than normal.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yes I know it's a Delta but either Riva had a bout of trimming royal blue Dandies in red (should have warned Helen not to look) or it was a very popular upholstery fabric.
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:19 pm

Hi another newbie here, I know the red upholstered Delta is still on the Riva website, but we've put a deposit on it and hoping to collect next week. I keep visiting the site just to drool over it.

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:46 pm

Well done on buying her did you go and see it or just buy it on the net ? The red upholstered is very nice if i say so my self
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:14 pm

We went to Riva just to look and fell in love. I did do a double take when I saw the pictures of yours

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:48 pm

They do look very alike but mine is a bit bigger being the discovery with the bench seat , So when is your first outing with her ?
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:18 pm

We are planning on having a first night out after picking her up. Only about 5 miles from home so it's OK if we forget anything vital

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:30 pm

Lol you will be able to cook the food at home then bring it to the Dandy Bit you are looking forward to getting her ?
Have you had a dandy before ?
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:02 pm

Yes we are plannning to nip home and feed ourselves and the rabbits. It's our first Dandy, we are both starting to feel a bit creeky for crawling around in the tent. Can't wait. Have you been out in yours yet?
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:09 pm

have fun the dandy's are very comfortable

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:36 pm

rabbitlover wrote:Yes we are plannning to nip home and feed ourselves and the rabbits. It's our first Dandy, we are both starting to feel a bit creeky for crawling around in the tent. Can't wait. Have you been out in yours yet?
Hope you enjoy yourselves , No we have have not been away as yet still doing the odd things to her,Not that she needs anything much , She has no 240 volt in her so today we have been getting everything we need to do the job , was lucky to pick it all up second hand at a great price we picked up a 24m hook up lead a external socket for the hook up , 24volt transformer to 12 volt with battery changer and 12v outlets and a nice alloy step for all for £45 . Yesterday i spent the day with a bottle PVC solvent cleaner. I did think mine was clean until i stared a whole litre later and all done , Its looks even better now . We hope to get away next month if i can get the time off work as there is a meet on another forum i hope to make it to .
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:26 pm

It all sounds too technical for me, our DIY skills are negligable hence buying from Riva. Hope you manage to get away and have a good time

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:56 pm

that,s where am good lol can turn my hands to most things and my brother will pass it off for me as he electrician. When do you pick yours up now ?
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:31 pm

Saturday, can't wait and so far the forecast is OK

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

not long now than , Did you need to get much for her did you have it all ?
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:22 pm

Well we managed it, in spite of me leaving the instructions on the desk at Riva, we had a great night even if we did have to put the delta down in the rain. Can't wait til our next venture on 22nd
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:26 pm

Isn't it great to be able to pack away wet with no worries about the Dandy though ..... yes you get soggy but at least you don't have to dry off a wet canvas when you get home and the rain sounds lovely on the roof when your tucked up inside. Very Happy

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:50 pm

Thats great new glad you had a good time we now going to get away for the first time on the 25th and the 26th i still have not got round to fitting the 240v as yet , But hope to get it done this Sunday

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 16 Nov 2018, 4:52 pm