Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy Hinges

dandy6

Dandy Hinges

Post by dandy6 on Sat 18 Aug 2012, 11:25 pm

Split thread so people can find the informative stuff - Helen

Thanks to everyone who has sent a welcome it certainly is a freindly site to belong to
can anyone tell us where to get bed hinges from ! we have one that seems to want to fall off when we open dandylion up
we are learning all sorts through the site (such as how to put it up the first time I love you )and will probably ask a lot more questions in the future
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Dandy Hinges

Post by mike on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 5:17 am

dandy6 wrote:Thanks to everyone who has sent a welcome it certainly is a freindly site to belong to
can anyone tell us where to get bed hinges from ! we have one that seems to want to fall off when we open dandylion up
we are learning all sorts through the site (such as how to put it up the first time I love you )and will probably ask a lot more questions in the future

Is it broken or has it lost its rivets

dandy6

bed hinges

Post by dandy6 on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:08 am

Hi the hinge seems to be a half hinge that just hooks we have tried to make it tighter by hitting it down a bit with a hammer but with no luck
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:49 am

dandy6 wrote:Hi the hinge seems to be a half hinge that just hooks we have tried to make it tighter by hitting it down a bit with a hammer but with no luck

Any chance of a picture
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:53 am

dandy6 wrote:Hi the hinge seems to be a half hinge that just hooks we have tried to make it tighter by hitting it down a bit with a hammer but with no luck

Hi and Dandy 6.

If you are talking about the bed end hinges we had the same problem when we repaired and replaced the bed ends on Dylan.

See Link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We hunted high and low for replacement ones and couldn't find any, so we straightened ours up and zapped a weld on to stop the hook part you mention opening up.

See pic.

Mrs P has since found them on the Riva site, here is the link. Hope this helps.

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:38 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Hi and Dandy 6.

If you are talking about the bed end hinges we had the same problem when we repaired and replaced the bed ends on Dylan.

See Link.

We hunted high and low for replacement ones and couldn't find any, so we straightened ours up and zapped a weld on to stop the hook part you mention opening up.

See pic.

Mrs P has since found them on the Riva site, here is the link. Hope this helps.

Thats why i was confused my 6 has piano hinges
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm

mike wrote:

So yours go along the edges between the bed bases and bed ends then Mike and not just on the very ends (corners)?
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

Phoenix wrote:
mike wrote:

So yours go along the edges between the bed bases and bed ends then Mike and not just on the very ends (corners)?

Nearly the full width of the dandy but a gap in the middle i think.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 1:12 pm

mike wrote:
Nearly the full width of the dandy but a gap in the middle i think.

Yours must be stronger then. We have just looked at Phoenix's pics and she only has the small ones in the corners too.

dandy6

hinges

Post by dandy6 on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 5:16 pm

Thank you so much to everyone
Those are the hinges and i am glad we were not the only ones who had the problem as now we can buy some new ones
I cannot put pictures on sorry as we do not belong to face book or any other site open to the public to forward them and really do not want to due to problems when my daughter was at school we just avoid it now
I really wanted to put a picture on but never mind sorry
mike
Dandy Owner

Dandy Hinges

Post by mike on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 5:20 pm

dandy6 wrote:Thank you so much to everyone
Those are the hinges and i am glad we were not the only ones who had the problem as now we can buy some new ones
I cannot put pictures on sorry as we do not belong to face book or any other site open to the public to forward them and really do not want to due to problems when my daughter was at school we just avoid it now
I really wanted to put a picture on but never mind sorry

You dont need face book ect you can upload direct from your pc,can sort instructions if you want.

dandy6

photos

Post by dandy6 on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 8:45 pm

Hi that would be great if there is another way of putting photos on i would love the help to do so
please be aware i am not very computer savvy just about sorting this out and ebay!but i could ask my children i suppose they no a lot more even what a tweet is (not a bird call apparently)
any help gratefully recieved
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 9:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you get stuck, I can PM you my email address and I can post for you. Very Happy

Good luck

threebears

Post by threebears on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:41 pm

I know this thread is a little old but for future reference this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is where I bought some suitable hinges a few years back. I think, but can't be sure, that those are the correct size.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:43 pm

Thanks for posting the link and Welcome to the Dandy Campers
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:10 pm

threebears wrote:I know this thread is a little old but for future reference this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is where I bought some suitable hinges a few years back. I think, but can't be sure, that those are the correct size.

Hello and threebears

They look like the right ones. Thanks for the link.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:42 pm

threebears
that link was helpful

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:09 am