Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy Destiny Security and storage questions

rnc29

Dandy Destiny Security and storage questions

Post by rnc29 on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 9:37 pm

Hi All,
I am now finally a proud owner of a dandy destiny and was hoping for some advise on security and winter storage of the dandy.

Have noticed the hitch has a very small lock which seems ok, but is there anything else you suggest for security or is there anything which is essential.

If I store it on my drive or in storage is it a must to not have the wheels on the ground, have read tidbits about flat spots on the tyres etc. If I dont elevate the wheels, how long is the max between taking the dandy for a trip could I leave it and not worry about tyre issues.

Thanks for any responses and hopefully see some of you on my travels.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Dandy Destiny Security and storage questions

Post by Helen on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:35 pm

Congratulations on your new Dandy ....... you could always buy another hitch lock that is more of a visual deterrent. You can buy them from campshops or even fleabay that are bright yellow and fitted with a large lock, they cover the whole of the hitch.

Take a look at this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and yes you do get flat spots as we once found out, we now use axle stands if we are not going to use the Dandy for a while although you can get things called tyre savers.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:38 pm

I would add a wheel clamp,some take the wheels off and use stands called winter wheels but if you do this check its ok with your insurance company,all so some storage sites dont allow them

mike
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:48 pm

mike wrote:I would add a wheel clamp,some take the wheels off and use stands called winter wheels but if you do this check its ok with your insurance company,all so some storage sites dont allow them

mike

Mike

Knowing you have 10" wheels. Where did you find a wheel clamp to fit?
Wheel clamps I've seen start at 12" or 13" wheels. I had one I tried to fit to the Designer but it just pulled off after locking.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

Just fell lucky in a local shop,got it when i first got my delta,i have seen them for sale since online but cant remember where.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its not the one i got just a quick google

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:30 pm