Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping


Kelling Heath - Star party

Share
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:19 pm

A week on Tuesday, we are going [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for about a week. Now because it's a star party meet we're going to, we're not allowed any white lights, we need to sort out some red ones. affraid

So in the van will be the telescopes, dog and pushchair, 3 way fridge, electric hookup stuff, normal luggage, astronomy luggage, bedding and the Dandy in tow - we're so pleased we've got a van, no roof box though lol!

(The van was going to be sorn, the car is instead now. Neutral)
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Helen on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:50 am

Could you just put some orange/red cellophane or fabric over the lights if they're low voltage ?
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:25 pm

Helen wrote:Could you just put some orange/red cellophane or fabric over the lights if they're low voltage ?

We could if we had some red celophane, (and Green Rolling Eyes ) Also we've only got two little strip and a LED magnetic jobby.

The clippy lights with red bulbs are what most use, but we also don't have either of those, and we would like to go with 12v as we use either or - depending on temp.

Car brake light repair tape is another option, but that's dearer to buy than a red bulb - but handy for a head torch.

perhaps we'll just eat lots of carrots. lol!
avatar
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2011-09-07
Location : South Norfolk.

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Phoenix on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

We now have visions of people wandering round with red lights on their heads!!!

What sort of party did you say it was? lol!
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:47 pm

Phoenix wrote:We now have visions of people wandering round with red lights on their heads!!!

What sort of party did you say it was? lol!

That's the ones, they're very popular. tongue


And car headlights aren't allowed either, I'm getting good at driving in the dark. What a Face

I know, I've got a couple of dark room safe lights at mums, we'll take them. cheers
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:48 pm

Since you dwell in Norfolk, you're very welcome to visit us for a couple of hours. Suspect
avatar
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2011-09-07
Location : South Norfolk.

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Phoenix on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:58 pm

Cazz wrote:Since you dwell in Norfolk, you're very welcome to visit us for a couple of hours. Suspect

How will we know which ones are you 2?

Will you have the flashing lights? lol!
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Cazz wrote:Since you dwell in Norfolk, you're very welcome to visit us for a couple of hours. Suspect

How will we know which ones are you 2?

Will you have the flashing lights? lol!

We're surrounding the van with those solar lights. Rolling Eyes and a few strobes What a Face
avatar
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3176
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:54 am

Star party: Keith Lemon and someone from last years X Factor?

Lots of vehicles parked up in a desolate location with red lights.

Is this a new combination of dogging and prostitution?
avatar
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 69
Location : north east lincs

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by mike on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Star party: Keith Lemon and someone from last years X Factor?

Lots of vehicles parked up in a desolate location with red lights.

Is this a new combination of dogging and prostitution?

I had no interest in stargazing but if this is the case may have to rethink
avatar
Caz1960

Posts : 1716
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 57
Location : Cardigan west wales

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:00 pm

Shocked tonight there is a Blue moon flower
avatar
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3176
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

Lidl have some head torches in that are £3.99. Can't show a link as these are this or last weeks offers. These headtouches have the option of using two red LEDs instead of white.
Then thought what about rear LED lights for cycles?
Poundland B&M Bargains, wherever someone must have cheap rear cycle lights in?
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

mike wrote:
Tow Itch wrote: Star party: Keith Lemon and someone from last years X Factor?

Lots of vehicles parked up in a desolate location with red lights.

Is this a new combination of dogging and prostitution?

I had no interest in stargazing but if this is the case may have to rethink

lol! We've a 6" Dob, you're very welcome to have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] through it. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:02 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Lidl have some head torches in that are £3.99. Can't show a link as these are this or last weeks offers. These headtouches have the option of using two red LEDs instead of white.
Then thought what about rear LED lights for cycles?
Poundland B&M Bargains, wherever someone must have cheap rear cycle lights in?

Thanks Mr Itch.

I've dug out my dark room safe lights, and one is orange - typical. Laughing

We've also got hold of some very cheap 12 volt car lights, a free battery and we're going to make our own version of a power pack with built in red lights. QofM Wink
avatar
Krist0n

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 43
Location : Sandbach, Cheshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Krist0n on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:57 pm

In regards to covering the normal lights with something red. I have used the red plastic before now out of the Mr Kipling cake box. You also get the bonus of free cakes with every box lol.
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 42
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Cazz on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:03 am

Krist0n wrote:In regards to covering the normal lights with something red. I have used the red plastic before now out of the Mr Kipling cake box. You also get the bonus of free cakes with every box lol.

Good idea, I'll have to buy a red plastic box to get my free cakes lol. I do like but believe it or not - I don't eat it very often. Shocked

Sponsored content

Re: Kelling Heath - Star party

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:17 am