Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Door Locks

sonicboom70

Re: Door Locks

Post by sonicboom70 on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
sonicboom70 wrote:Hi cazz the last one was a 28s mk3 capri 1985 b reg stratos silver full respray plus many welding repair sections e.g rear arches,inner and outer wing panel fitting door repairs etc the list goes on Smile other include citroen ds estate,x2 mgb gt's ,mg 1100
it's what i do all day to pay for my dandy hobbie Smile

You restored a:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not wanting to sound like a teenage girl but. OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG.

Guess that one wasn't a favour for a mate on the dole then?
Don't mean I like restoring them Smile just a job to me lol!
sonicboom70

Post by sonicboom70 on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:05 pm

Cazz wrote:
sonicboom70 wrote:Hi cazz the last one was a 28s mk3 capri 1985 b reg stratos silver full respray plus many welding repair sections e.g rear arches,inner and outer wing panel fitting door repairs etc the list goes on Smile other include citroen ds estate,x2 mgb gt's ,mg 1100
it's what i do all day to pay for my dandy hobbie Smile

lol, Dandy repairs will be a walk in the park for you. You will defiantly have to stroke our paint work. affraid

Have you seen this? Quite possibly, but just in case. From page 20, lol!
Yes you have got yourselves a nice good quality rare car there cazz ,it's having time i find to do my own stuff and at the end of the day don't always feel like it Smile
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:15 pm

sonicboom70 wrote:Yes you have got yourselves a nice good quality rare car there cazz ,it's having time i find to do my own stuff and at the end of the day don't always feel like it Smile

I guess it's a bit like a bus mans holiday for you to do your own car. The car is more OH's than mine, although I do like it and help with it. It's the complete opposite to his job, this is clean, requires a light touch and makes a nice accessory for my green Dandy. lol!
sonicboom70

Post by sonicboom70 on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:51 pm

Cazz wrote:
sonicboom70 wrote:Yes you have got yourselves a nice good quality rare car there cazz ,it's having time i find to do my own stuff and at the end of the day don't always feel like it Smile

I guess it's a bit like a bus mans holiday for you to do your own car. The car is more OH's than mine, although I do like it and help with it. It's the complete opposite to his job, this is clean, requires a light touch and makes a nice accessory for my green Dandy. lol!
to busman's and your car goes very well with your green dandy

normy bear

Lost Key's / no Key's

Post by normy bear on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:07 pm

I recently bought a dandy dart with no key's , I went to a firm called Access Lock's in Ellesmere Port and left the lock with them , about one hour later they rang me to say they had made two key's for me , i went to see them and fair enough they had made two new key's for my old lock, which worked perfectly, it cost £18, not cheap but a fair price and my problem's were solved. I do'nt know if they do mail order ( if you send them the barrel )but may-be your local lock-smith can do the same job Very Happy

Bassbones

Post by Bassbones on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

Same here, our 1974 Orange came without keys. Took it to Orrell Lock and Key Centre on recommendation and to be honest they weren't interested in looking at it. Visited Eckersalls in St Helens adn they couldn't be more helpful. Two keys whilst we waited for the grand sum of £10 and no drilling the door to replace it. Very Happy
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:37 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

New cylinders yes and even complete new assemblies just Google Caraloc 430.
This ad doesn't say but they are handed. The ones on rear entry Dandys are left handed the ones on the one on side entry Dandys are right handed but it's not a big difference.

In fact I bet Dandy only ever ordered 1 type does your door handle push down to lock Mike?

Ahh ... I'm glad this thread has sprung to life as it may answer a question I was about to ask.

On my previous 'rear entry' Designer the internal handle was push down to open - pull up to lock - very logical.

The Destiny on the other hand (literally) is pull up to open - push down to lock, and very infuriating.

So is it the case that if I procure a right-handed Caraloc 430 it will work like my old Designer and make me happy again? Very Happy

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:27 pm

peridot wrote:
Tow Itch wrote:

New cylinders yes and even complete new assemblies just Google Caraloc 430.
This ad doesn't say but they are handed. The ones on rear entry Dandys are left handed the ones on the one on side entry Dandys are right handed but it's not a big difference.

In fact I bet Dandy only ever ordered 1 type does your door handle push down to lock Mike?

Ahh ... I'm glad this thread has sprung to life as it may answer a question I was about to ask.

On my previous 'rear entry' Designer the internal handle was push down to open - pull up to lock - very logical.

The Destiny on the other hand (literally) is pull up to open - push down to lock, and very infuriating.

So is it the case that if I procure a right-handed Caraloc 430 it will work like my old Designer and make me happy again? Very Happy

Well I'd check my definition of left and right handed but generally yes.

You have gone through the wiring did you seriously expect them to have bought two different spec locks? Then again why left and right hand sinks with left hand sinks generally only on Deltas?

Is this borderline OCD (CDO for those of you who need the letters in alphabetical order) or just too much money to spend?
Do you drink? Come camping I can assist with a major manyana weekend where these things cease to be problems. You live in the .... Thought it was the South West was going to suggest we visit you with Jake helping on the cider infusion. Then looked up your profile your from:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twinned with Guangxi Provence in China ... there's no province finer

Would a weekend on the Special Brew help then?

Bonus points offered for knowing which world class pi** head Special Brew was first brewed in celebration of? (No looking it up)
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 12:29 am

Tow Itch wrote:

Well I'd check my definition of left and right handed but generally yes.

Excellent - I think your definition is right as I found another type of caravan lock where the right/left definition made sense so now I just need to find the 430 in stock somewhere.

You have gone through the wiring did you seriously expect them to have bought two different spec locks? Then again why left and right hand sinks with left hand sinks generally only on Deltas?

They did it to ensure that we'd still be talking about them for years to come Wink

Is this borderline OCD (CDO for those of you who need the letters in alphabetical order) or just too much money to spend?
Do you drink? Come camping I can assist with a major manyana weekend where these things cease to be problems. You live in the .... Thought it was the South West was going to suggest we visit you with Jake helping on the cider infusion. Then looked up your profile your from:

Twinned with Guangxi Provence in China ... there's no province finer

Not "from" Newport but resident here at the moment. This is the true story pirat ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would a weekend on the Special Brew help then?

Bonus points offered for knowing which world class pi** head Special Brew was first brewed in celebration of? (No looking it up)

Strongbow seems to be the drink of choice here. Seriously, it's stacked up by the crateload in every supermarket. Can't stand the stuff myself, although I am partial to a good cider.

I'm afraid I do know the answer to your question in this case - it was Mr Churchill. It's a debate for another thread as to which (the 'beer' or the man) we would have been better off without. silent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 11:35 am