Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

got my wheels

vnuala

got my wheels

Post by vnuala on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

I have had a lot of problems with getting a wheel to fit my 70's dandy 6 Sad as alot of you know i got my tyres a few weeks back and had one fitted but the other would just not fit on the wheel Sad we disccovered that the wheel was not a dandy wheel but a very old car wheel in the old metric size and was 12 1/4 rim instead of 12 !! after searching all the scrap yards i got a wheel that was the same measurements as the other wheel (dandy one) o happy i went to get it,,,and although it seemed to be the right size it would not go on Shocked ,,,A quick phone call to riva dandy and i found out i need a Hillman imp 12" wheel Smile so back to searching the net i came across a lovely man called BEN BOLT who deals in Hillman imps ,,,,he even asked his friend if he was travelling near Liverpool so i could save on postage but i need them before the halloween holidays so he is having a courrier bring them on tuesday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 2 nice white powder coated 12" Hillman imp wheels i gave him the measurements of the tyre i have to go on them so hopefully,,finngerscrossed i will have my wheels and a spare yaaaaaay,,
just might get to go camping in my dandy before the end of this month
Cazz

Re: got my wheels

Post by Cazz on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

Fingers crossed for you.

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:39 pm