Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Minnie for Sale!

The Admiral

Minnie for Sale!

Post by The Admiral on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

Let us introduce you to Minnie, our very much loved rare all white 1999 Dandy Discovery Folding Camper. Minnie is in average to good condition & has normal signs of wear and tear that you would expect with a camper her age including some scuffs on her bodywork. She has had a somewhat chequered history until we bought her two years ago & had not been looked after as well as she deserved to be by previous owners. This maltreatment included the removal of her kitchen unit, however as you will see from the photos, we have replaced this with a kitchen unit from a trailer tent which has the added bonus that it can be used inside or outside. (Please note that although plumbing is insitu, we haven't had the need to buy a water pump!)
Since owning Minnie we have:
• Recovered all the seating.
• Made new curtains, excluding the privacy curtains which were bought.
• Laid new laminate style floor tiles.
• In January this year new bedboards & side boards installed by Riva Dandy.
• Some welding on bed frame & a thorough check up by Riva Dandy at the same time in January.

She is also fully winterised which mean she can be used all year round. We do not have a Dandy awning but Minnie does come with an alternative Royal Traveller 3 awning that has been adapted to fit by Helen and works really well as shown by the photo. She has 240V electrics which were fitted by previous owners, it is not standard format but works perfectly & has a cut off switch.

Minnie does have some faults, she will need her damper replacing, something we were planning to do next year & one of the bolts holding the beds down can be a little difficult to remove when folding her back up. She comes with a spare tyre, no rips or tears in the PVC although there is a mark made by the spare tyre which unfortunately had been stored on top of the roof by her previous owners. There is no key for the door, yet again presumed lost by previous owners and lower half of the door needs some slight adjustment.

Viewing Minnie is highly recommended and we will be erecting her my in laws home in Wolverhampton on Saturday 22nd September for this purpose. Please note that we will not be able to erect the awning.

We are looking for £1500 or nearest offer and payment is by cash on collection only please. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We do have other photos if any one wants to see them!
ShaunJUK

Re: Minnie for Sale!

Post by ShaunJUK on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:16 pm

oooh cake included?

I hope you find her a nice home
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:28 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:oooh cake included?

I hope you find her a nice home

No the cake was left in the picture as it's the photo equivalent of having coffee percolating when you're trying to sell your house lol!
The campsite we're staying on this week The Old Oaks in Glastonbury does two types of home made cake everyday and most of them are to die for!

We hope we can find her a nice home as well and we'll be sorry to see her go as we've had some really good holidays with her, but the Designer on eBay was to good to miss.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

I've met Minnie on a couple of occasions and she is a lovely Dandy, with the added bonus that the kitchen can be used in the awning freeing up space inside the dandy for perhaps a travel cot or some type of camping cupboards where you can put your tv on top and a Fridge underneath.

If it was me I would use the space for some folding cupboards, a fridge and have a Minnie bar at the side of my bed lol!
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

Very CROSS this morning, we had arranged a special viewing with someone via Preloved and had even held Minnie back from eBay until they had seen her. So we got up early went and gave her a bit of a clean down after our trip last week, got her looking nice, put the cooker & curtains up etc and then they didn't turn up!

Ok I appreciate that people change their mind, find another Dandy that they preferred etc and that's fine, but they did have Nigel's phone number and a quick text or call would have been all that it would have taken just to let us know that they weren't coming. That's what I would have done anyway, but I guess some people aren't that polite.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

The Admiral wrote:Very CROSS this morning, we had arranged a special viewing with someone via Preloved and had even held Minnie back from eBay until they had seen her. So we got up early went and gave her a bit of a clean down after our trip last week, got her looking nice, put the cooker & curtains up etc and then they didn't turn up!

Ok I appreciate that people change their mind, find another Dandy that they preferred etc and that's fine, but they did have Nigel's phone number and a quick text or call would have been all that it would have taken just to let us know that they weren't coming. That's what I would have done anyway, but I guess some people aren't that polite.

Thats people for you,well at least some of them as you say a call would have helped
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 5:48 pm

The Admiral wrote:Very CROSS this morning, we had arranged a special viewing with someone via Preloved and had even held Minnie back from eBay until they had seen her. So we got up early went and gave her a bit of a clean down after our trip last week, got her looking nice, put the cooker & curtains up etc and then they didn't turn up!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I agree common curtsy has disappeared Evil or Very Mad I got mad as I was bidding on one then gone no by or leave Evil or Very Mad thats why when I go to turn up and collect my purchases the sellers are shocked that i do as I say
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 6:32 pm

Minnie is now on eBay!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 7:23 pm

You could add a link to the forum Jayne as there will be more info for people who don't know Dandy's and pictures on here of minnie and she is on the header picture too
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:25 pm

Good idea Helen, we'll add it on when we've done our Tesco Grocery order.

joules29

Post by joules29 on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 6:24 pm

I might be interested in buying the Dandy..
Was wondering, does the Kitchen fold down like a dandy kitchen for travelling ?
Thanks, Joules
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 6:33 pm

Hi Joules, it doesn't fold down exactly, but if you have a look at the pictures the frame it's sitting on dismantles and folds flat, so it's easy to transport.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

It doe's fit in the dandy when dismantled though so don't be thinking you have to get it all in the car Laughing

The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 7:04 pm

Helen wrote:It doe's fit in the dandy when dismantled though so don't be thinking you have to get it all in the car Laughing

Yes, it probably doesn't take up any more room in the Dandy than the original kitchen would have done. We dismantle the frame lie it down flat, the cooker and sink section sit on the dandy floor and then there's still tons of room round it to store other stuff!
Faceman

Post by Faceman on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

Hi all

We've re-advertised Minnie on fleabay & dropped the asking price but we're willing to look at reasonable offers! Anybody on her that does want her we are happy to end the auction early!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

joules29

Post by joules29 on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 10:01 pm

Thanks... Very Happy
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 7:41 pm

Think we may have a buyer for Minnie, a couple contacted us after seeing her on Preloved. They've offered £850 which we've decided to accept as we don't think that we'll get the extra to cover the cost of garaging her over the winter if we do keep her until the Spring.

They are coming to see to see her on 15th December (thats was the earliest date that we could both do) from Essex and have booked a hotel overnight so they are obviously interested. I've sent them lots of photos and they seem very nice, so hopefully she will be going to a good home if they like her. Very Happy They haven't had a Dandy before only a Trailer Tent so I've pointed them in the direction of the forum and also on to You Tube to have a look at the video of how to put up a Dandy in 1 easy lesson lol! Fingers crossed that everything goes ok, I'll do an update after the 15th.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:42 am

Good luck Very Happy a bargain for some one
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 7:56 am

Post Deleted Smile

Last edited by The Admiral on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleting post)
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:06 am

15th is still a couple of weeks off Jayne, there may be reasons that they haven't got back to you yet. Don't panic, they will be getting a bargain Smile
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 9:57 am

Helen wrote:15th is still a couple of weeks off Jayne, there may be reasons that they haven't got back to you yet. Don't panic, they will be getting a bargain Smile

i agree with helen, it's coming up to christmas so they are probably really busy right now organising etc
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 10:12 am

You're probably both right, it's not even as if we are in a rush to sell, I'll just sit back and wait to see if they do contact us again. Very Happy
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 2:51 pm

flower all things crossed for you and that they are just away sunny but it is frustrating to get silence all they need to say is thanks but no thanks but they would be a fool if they don't snap Minnie up! scratch don't suppose they have been frightened off affraid by the forum geek
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 1:15 pm

Minnie has now been sold, Linda & Ian came to see her this morning, liked her and she has now set off for her new home. I hope they have as much fun in her as we did.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 1:16 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 12:00 pm