Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping


Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Share

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by HIDEHI on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:50 am

Well we went away for a few days in our dandy discovery, and 2 of our grandsons came with us.
Towing Hidehi with our Citroen C3 Eco 1.4 hdi was easy towing and returned 61mpg wow that is great lol.
The car does 70 + mpg solo.
We sold our caravan a few months ago and had a c4 to tow that, solo mpg 58 to 60. Towing the light weight caravan under 1000 kg loaded, at 30 mpg.

And you know the dandy was verry comfertable and extreemly more enjoyable to live in for them few nights.
We have the origanal Dandy brown and white matching the dandy, and found that if we left the front poles down a bit the roof slid quite easily over and then we raised them into final position.
Our grandsons enjoyed there dandy camping, the eldest 1 even done an essay at school on his dandy hols with Nain and Taid wish i had a coppy
avatar
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 68
Location : north east lincs

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by mike on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:59 am

HIDEHI wrote:Well we went away for a few days in our dandy discovery, and 2 of our grandsons came with us.
Towing Hidehi with our Citroen C3 Eco 1.4 hdi was easy towing and returned 61mpg wow that is great lol.
The car does 70 + mpg solo.
We sold our caravan a few months ago and had a c4 to tow that, solo mpg 58 to 60. Towing the light weight caravan under 1000 kg loaded, at 30 mpg.

And you know the dandy was verry comfertable and extreemly more enjoyable to live in for them few nights.
We have the origanal Dandy brown and white matching the dandy, and found that if we left the front poles down a bit the roof slid quite easily over and then we raised them into final position.
Our grandsons enjoyed there dandy camping, the eldest 1 even done an essay at school on his dandy hols with Nain and Taid wish i had a coppy

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your first outing in your new dandy,not surprised though as i think you said it wasn't your first dandy,we always have the front legs lowered until the roof is on and we have zip out sides.

mike
avatar
Caz1960

Posts : 1716
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 57
Location : Cardigan west wales

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

glad you enjoyed your selves and photo's ???? and good tip for others put up their awning

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by HIDEHI on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:11 pm

Caz1960 wrote: glad you enjoyed your selves and photo's ???? and good tip for others put up their awning

tryed to put pics on but they were to big or other prob

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

REF PICS

Post by HIDEHI on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 5:40 pm

still can not do the pics sorry guys you will have to see them on another forum the yahoo 1 under hidehi, sorry for this guys hope i have not brocken any more rules by puting the yahoo forum on this post
avatar
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 68
Location : north east lincs

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by mike on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 5:47 pm

HIDEHI wrote:still can not do the pics sorry guys you will have to see them on another forum the yahoo 1 under hidehi, sorry for this guys hope i have not brocken any more rules by puting the yahoo forum on this post

No rules broken,if you want i can send you my email and if you send them to me i will post them for you.

mike
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Helen on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 8:56 pm

I take it your all happy with the Dandy then

Good tip for putting the awning up.

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by HIDEHI on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 11:41 pm

mike wrote:
HIDEHI wrote:still can not do the pics sorry guys you will have to see them on another forum the yahoo 1 under hidehi, sorry for this guys hope i have not brocken any more rules by puting the yahoo forum on this post

No rules broken,if you want i can send you my email and if you send them to me i will post them for you.

mike

Thanks Mike i will send them 2 you
avatar
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 68
Location : north east lincs

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by mike on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 12:02 pm

HIDEHI wrote:
mike wrote:
HIDEHI wrote:still can not do the pics sorry guys you will have to see them on another forum the yahoo 1 under hidehi, sorry for this guys hope i have not brocken any more rules by puting the yahoo forum on this post

No rules broken,if you want i can send you my email and if you send them to me i will post them for you.

mike

Thanks Mike i will send them 2 you

As if by magic lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Sorry been busy so thought i would cheat
avatar
Caz1960

Posts : 1716
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 57
Location : Cardigan west wales

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 6:02 pm

looking good but feel the lady should be sitting with feet up and a drink in her hand

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by HIDEHI on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

Cazz the lady is my wife Gill and she agrees with you lol lol! cheers Mike we like it Mike

well this is our dandy HIDEHI in the above pics oh and bryn our dog lol

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

Off topic

Post by HIDEHI on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 6:49 pm

We are sorting things out ready for next yr new 12v system for hidehi, it already has ehu fited, plus a few bits to do not much at all. hope to meet up with you guys next yr . Laughing cheers cheers cheers bounce it would be great seeing a lot of dif dandies in a line haveing a hidehi campers.
Would that not be fine includeing mine.
Chilling drinking some beer or wine jest geting together and haveing a Dandy time. all being party or BBQ
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Helen on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm

It is nice to see lots of Dandy's all in one place, bbq's are great too as the men seem to go all domestic goddess and insist on doing the cooking Laughing

Suits us ladies though Twisted Evil

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by HIDEHI on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

Helen wrote:It is nice to see lots of Dandy's all in one place, bbq's are great too as the men seem to go all domestic goddess and insist on doing the cooking Laughing

Suits us ladies though Twisted Evil

Gill is reading this as i am lol, Helen big yes i agree from her lol!
avatar
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 41
Location : Staffordshire

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Cazz on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm

Hidehi is the same as Monty, but with the cooker and sink the other way round. Glad you had a great time, and looking forward to meeting you and Hidehi. Laughing

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

meeting you

Post by HIDEHI on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:43 pm

Well we are going to join the dandy club, and go to a few rallies with them next yr, and also hope to go to shell island with some other dandy guys for a few days.
Also we are with the ccc and go on there meets 5 night to 28 night lol
Most without ehu
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:10 am

The CCC have just had 6 weeks at Dinarth hall, we had a chat with the steward and a few of the members who are lovely down to earth people so are going to join as soon as we get home as we are going again today. Just send me a pm if you are going to a rally and we'll see if we can make it too Very Happy

HIDEHI

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-07-28
Age : 66
Location : Anglesey

Nice 1 Helen

Post by HIDEHI on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:29 am

Great news we have been with ccc for yrs and i will pm you next yr as we are doing the dandy up , going to put 750kg suspension to raise it as it tows nose up at the mo, and gas struts on the beds plus a few other things, but i will have to get other guys to do the work lol.
avatar
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6826
Join date : 2011-06-12

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:48 am

We changed our suspension for the same reason but we didn't upgrade, we found that new 500kg suspension raised it enough to tow level ........ our suspension was really low Shocked It's easier to change than you would think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Sponsored content

Re: Well the first trip was great in Hidehi Dandy

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:15 am