Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Insurance for Dandy 6

andyandy

Insurance for Dandy 6

Post by andyandy on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:22 am

Hi all,
Having just purchased a Dandy 6 we need to sort out some insurance before we pick it up, anybody got any recomendations for insurance for a Dandy, tried a couple of people but they would not do one more than 20 years old.

Preferably as cheap as possible, only really concerned about the third party cover, I aware my motor policy affords some third party cover but only while it is actuallly attached to my vehicle.

Andy
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Insurance for Dandy 6

Post by mike on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

andyandy wrote:Hi all,
Having just purchased a Dandy 6 we need to sort out some insurance before we pick it up, anybody got any recomendations for insurance for a Dandy, tried a couple of people but they would not do one more than 20 years old.

Preferably as cheap as possible, only really concerned about the third party cover, I aware my motor policy affords some third party cover but only while it is actuallly attached to my vehicle.

Andy

We use the caravan club now as our second dandy was over 20 years old and our previous company wouldnt take it.
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:06 pm

We use the one for the caravan and camping club.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:54 pm

andyandy wrote:Hi all,

Andy

Not quite sure what you mean. The largest third party claim would result from your Dandy parting company with the car whilst en route. In those circumstances the car insurance covers the claim. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what happens if you have additional insurances and the claim is on split liability. If all your bothered about is being covered in case of a road traffic accident then worry not the car insurance covers that.
You have told the insurance company you have fitted a tow bar haven't you? They just get to know you have fitted a tow bar as what you may tow will be variable.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:18 am

mine is with the ccc and £56 per annum

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:35 pm