Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy roof 2012

John

Dandy roof 2012

Post by John on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:14 pm

Going to make a plastic roof for a dandy, grp that is. it will be the same shape as the existing roof which will lift up with aid of gas struts, pull the door up and click into roof, push up kitchen side and click to roof fold out beds as per normal with the roof permanently fixed to new roof and the bed ends, lift sides and fix as per normal. The new roof will incorporate a roof rack or roof light, on the inside will be a light fitting moulded into the roof all insulated.
When shut down the roof will become the lid. Very Happy
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Dandy roof 2012

Post by mike on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

John wrote:Going to make a plastic roof for a dandy, grp that is. it will be the same shape as the existing roof which will lift up with aid of gas struts, pull the door up and click into roof, push up kitchen side and click to roof fold out beds as per normal with the roof permanently fixed to new roof and the bed ends, lift sides and fix as per normal. The new roof will incorporate a roof rack or roof light, on the inside will be a light fitting moulded into the roof all insulated.
When shut down the roof will become the lid. Very Happy

Looking forward to seeing that Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:30 pm

Wow you don't do things by halves do you John ...... can't wait to see how you do it all and the finished project. cheers
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:47 pm

Can't say I understand what you're proposing as a solid GRP roof would need to fold. i.e. bed 44" body 70" bed 46" so 160" down to 70". What happens with the overlapping edges as well?
From what you have done in the past though I've little doubt you will achieve what's in your mind.
This isn't just tinkering though this is a major change. I don't know the cost effectiveness of this idea on a commercial basis but I might if I were you go quiet on this and try hawking the idea to manufacturers. Wouldn't bother with Pennine as they don't seem capable of forming a good idea for a few years.

John.

Didn't know if you had acquired a Designer so sent a PM about a cheap Designer I had seen. Sent it at the beginning of Sept. You've still not opened it. Have you not noticed a new message, did it not arrive somehow or other?
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

Shocked I get what you are doing but that would be like the folding campers as for insulating ? it very interesting to see have fun and as always Pic's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017, 9:38 am