Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

door seal info

eskidave

door seal info

Post by eskidave on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 8:32 pm

hi to everyone out there , Im new to dandy ownership and have got a 1990 designer , i have used it a couple of times this year and on both occasions have used the awning without any problems , i intend using my designer over the autumn/early spring months without the awning and have noticed the door only seals with the aluminium trim around it, should there be a rubber type seal also or is the aluminium trim adequate to keep the rain out , any comments will be greatly appreciated ,
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: door seal info

Post by Helen on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 8:51 pm

Hi and welcome to the Dandy Campers, we also have a 1991 designer and this is what we did to protect the door.

Just click the link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At first we did try to put a rubber seal around the door but it just wouldn't shut properly. Rolling Eyes Anyway the gutter looks much neater and works really well.

Last edited by Helen on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

eskidave

Post by eskidave on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 9:04 pm

thank you--- ill get one at the weekend

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 5:04 pm

I fitted one as well, because when i fitted new carpets rain had been getting in, havent noticed it since.Pete Surprised
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:54 pm

Helen wrote:Hi and welcome to the Dandy Campers, we also have a 1991 designer and this is what we did to protect the door.

Just click the link

At first we did try to put a rubber seal around the door but it just wouldn't shut properly. Rolling Eyes Anyway the gutter looks much neater and works really well.

Helen, I quite like that idea. Where did you guys get the guttering from..........I might do the same on our '6'.

Ben
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

We got ours from Camperlands (camping caravanning shop near us) Ben but most camping places will have them and if not you could always get one online.

Just found this one with LED lights in ........ it would look great

This is the type we used

flexible door gutter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:48 am