Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Glastonbury Carnival

The Admiral

Glastonbury Carnival

Post by The Admiral on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:02 am

We are off to The Old Oaks campsite for a couple of nights in November to see the Glastonbury Carnival (16th - 18th) If anyone fancies joining us you would be very welcome xx
The Admiral

Re: Glastonbury Carnival

Post by The Admiral on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

Getting excited now, as we are off for our first trip away in Olivia tomorrow, it's almost like having a first trip away in a Dandy all over again

We're also going to be using our new fridge for the first time, I've plugged it in in the kitchen to cool down, it's really strange because its NOT making any noise, although that of course is the point and one of the main reasons that we bought it. You'd think though that they would put a little red light or something on the top just to show that it's working! No idea where we are going to put it though, guess we'll work that out when we get down there.

Not sure if we are going to try putting up the awning, think it depends on the weather and what time we get down there, it is supposed to be a break after all so we don't want to spend to much time messing around trying to put things up, we just want to put Olivia up and "chill out" and enjoy her Very Happy So we are taking our new utility tent as well.

Weather now not looking to bad, low cloud for tomorrow, rain overnight and into Saturday, but not as wet as they had originally forecast for the evening, which is when we will be out watching the carnival and then Sunday is looking quite dry and fairly sunny for the takedown.

Will also finally be able to take some pictures of our own instead of just looking at the eBay ones.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:24 pm

Have a good time.

Hope all goes well. Very Happy

We look forward to seeing the pictures. bounce bounce bounce
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:20 am

have a great time , I had an image of you opening the fridge door puting your hand in every 5 sec "is it working scratch " as that would be what I would do cant wait to see your photo's
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:15 am

Have a great time Jayne, looking forward to the pics too Very Happy

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:40 am

Missed this you must be there by know,have a great time.
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

mike wrote:Missed this you must be there by know,have a great time.

Will be setting off in the next hour or so, going to be a good weekend I think!
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 8:55 am

Just spent our first night 'winter camping' plenty warm enough, kept the radiator on all night and its kept Olivia nice and warm. Haven't put up the awning, that's a job for next time, but really pleased with the new day/utility tent we've bought to use as storage.
Hoping to take some pictures today, will post on here when I get home, Olivia went up like a dream and we're absolutely delighted with her Very Happy
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:03 am

Great news,i have a feeling one or two of us told you it would be warm lol! if it ever isnt just get a bigger heater affraid
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 12:22 pm

Hmmm, I believe someone may have mentioned it ok I give, in you were right. It's just great having a table we can use and proper electrics and kitchen unit, although we haven't worked the water system out yet, that might be something we need to ask you guys about at a meet!

Took us a little while to turn on the gas as we didn't know about the safety feature in the cupboard that we had to turn on, but we got it sorted after much wailing & gnashing of teeth. I just like the little extras like a shelf and light above the cooker and Nigel now has his own privacy curtains. we have decided that we Olivia and think she's definitely worth what we paid.

We're just going to chill out on the campsite and enjoy Olivia today and then we're going to watch the Glastonbury Carnival tonight. The Old Oaks is laying on a minibus at £5 return, so we haven't got to worry about parking either. Hope it stays dry for that, looking like it might be ok Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

Sounds brilliant, stay warm sunny sunny sunny
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:40 am

Good grief it was cold overnight, we've woken up to a beautiful and quite heavy frost. Nigel was warm as toast overnight and I was freezing more substantial bedding for me next time I think lol!
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:31 am

The Admiral wrote:Good grief it was cold overnight, we've woken up to a beautiful and quite heavy frost. Nigel was warm as toast overnight and I was freezing more substantial bedding for me next time I think lol!

Have you tried the skirt yet? It may help. If not the aluminium wrap that was at Lidl may help.
Have you fired up the gas heater? No point if your on EHU or certainly not economical in that case but plenty of heat.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:37 am

Who sleeps on the window side ?
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 12:50 pm

We had the skirts on and reflective camping mats underneath. We didn't have the heater on because we were on EHU. Helen it's me that sleeps on the window side.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 1:07 pm

Easy answer make Nigel sleep on the window side lol! i think the window could be the main problem as the cold does not have to penetrate the wood where it is,was it cold under you if so better insulation underneath,did you close your privacy curtains as that would trap the cold from the window.
For winter camping you could tape insulation over the window hole in the bed board and remove it for the rest of the year,we didnt have skirts on our delta or a window next to the bed and were never cold,i know on the six if you put your hand near a window when its cold you can feel the cold even through the curtains when you cant any where else.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 2:02 pm

Swap sides with Nigel Twisted Evil

What I do is take the cushions that I made and line them up along the window side, it seems to work and I've slept much better since I started to do this. I'm looking into a way of blocking off the side window at night using some of the silver insulation.
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:56 pm

I'm not going to let it put me off, being cold can be sorted and other than that we had a brilliant weekend. The frost this morning was really beautiful and the colours of some of the trees on the site was spectacular.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 24 Jun 2018, 7:48 am