Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

mike wrote:Dandy dart dont know about condition as i cant get the pictures to load

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How odd I could only get some of the pictures from 3rd one onwards to load but then went to look at other items for sale and from it's listing there all the pictures appeared. He has a laminated sheet with "Freedom B2973" on it and seems to think Freedom is some part of the name.
Brown and white 4 not insulated, no mention of a heater nor awning and he listed it as a "Dandy Folding Trailor Tent" with a starting bid of £500. Sure he will be inundated with bids.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 4:51 pm

My dandy six is for sale,i didn't know it was until i saw it on ebay affraid [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] interior shots are all of my dandy,the exterior ones on the main photo i believe used to belong to some one from another forum,the exterior one on its own is mine,the seller does say they are library pictures but what it means is the one for sale will look nothing like the pictures,so look before bidding.

mike
Nancy

Post by Nancy on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 5:35 pm

mike wrote:My dandy six is for sale,i didn't know it was until i saw it on ebay affraid [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] interior shots are all of my dandy,the exterior ones on the main photo i believe used to belong to some one from another forum,the exterior one on its own is mine,the seller does say they are library pictures but what it means is the one for sale will look nothing like the pictures,so look before bidding.

mike
not at that price lol!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm

mike wrote:My dandy six is for sale,i didn't know it was until i saw it on ebay affraid [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] interior shots are all of my dandy,the exterior ones on the main photo i believe used to belong to some one from another forum,the exterior one on its own is mine,the seller does say they are library pictures but what it means is the one for sale will look nothing like the pictures,so look before bidding.

mike

that'll teach us for showing our Dandy's off both have been for sale this month lol!

It is very annoying though especially when we all know how easily they can be erected to take pictures.

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 5:46 pm

Quote from the add

The photographs are library pictures of the interior (mine is very similar layout colours may vary) and the outside shot shows another camper same colours except the trailer on mine is silver. The only reason I have no pictures is I have only opened it once to fit the extra bed, and a photo of it folded will not show much.

There are significant differences according to the seller the lay out is similar if its a six it should be the same,colour may vary,and as far as i know silver trailers are on older dandys
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 5:50 pm

I don't like ads that don't use their own pictures ...... always makes me wonder why?

navver

Post by navver on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm

That's interesting, postage is only a pound.

It also says he's added another bed so it will sleep 5, but the dimensions given are for a six.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:47 pm

This may all be in order but the add states fully insulated,its a brown dandy with a white roof,the inner walls would normal be white if insulated but these look to be beige,doesn't mean its not insulated though,the awning in the picture doesn't look like a dandy pvc but could be a dandy light weight awning,which would need drying if it is.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 3:16 pm

I'd imagine the two different colours of dark brown outer and beige inner were a choice made when first ordered but the two different colours are a good indicator that it's insulated.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This may all be in order but the add states fully insulated,its a brown dandy with a white roof,the inner walls would normal be white if insulated but these look to be beige,doesn't mean its not insulated though,the awning in the picture doesn't look like a dandy pvc but could be a dandy light weight awning,which would need drying if it is.

It is this one.

Tow Itch wrote:
navver wrote:Dandy Dart which looks much more like a Discovery

It is a 5 I phoned because I'd noticed it looked winterised. The "Bag of rags" on the floor is a porch awning? but apparently they have the full PVC awning as well.
Notionally getting rid because a lack of space and would look at a swap or swap and cash for a 4 or Dart.
I did caution that not much space saving on a 4 and with three of them and 4 dogs they may be better off with what they have.
Suggested for them to look on this site.

I phoned and asked were the photos theirs they said yes and I talked them through it saying that if two different colours it was insulated. We have seen coffee coloured insulation before. Initially stated as two awnings. Now it looks like they have three. They have removed a less than flattering photograph that was "the bag of rags" though the awning at photo 4 still doesn't look like a Dandy awning. Could be a top deal though.

They were saying about a swap re a 4 but not been on here to drum up interest so far.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:43 am

Two possible cheap ones here.

eBay it might be more a rebuild programme but does have an awning. As I can't see the door side and the flaps on the bat wings i can't work out if it's a 60's or 70's Dandy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gumtree has a 6 with such a vague description it could need a bit of work or be another rebuild. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:58 am

Sounds like a nice designerone owner insulated,under floor heater but no awning.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 01 Apr 2013, 7:37 am

Ebay has jumped into life
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:13 pm

This Designereven with a little work has to be a bargain at £700
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

Another one in the trailer tent section
julie72

Post by julie72 on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:21 am

Found this this morning not big enough for my lot but looks pretty good Very Happy

navver

Post by navver on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:18 pm

High side destiny on preloved but they seem to have pinched the picture and description from a sold one at the Riva site. Could it be the same one?

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:34 pm

navver wrote:High side destiny on preloved but they seem to have pinched the picture and description from a sold one at the Riva site. Could it be the same one?

The one at riva is sold so it looks like they are using the riva picture,why do people do it
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:36 pm

mike wrote:
navver wrote:High side destiny on preloved but they seem to have pinched the picture and description from a sold one at the Riva site. Could it be the same one?

The one at riva is sold so it looks like they are using the riva picture,why do people do it

Don't know what that one at Riva sold for but there is another for sale with just a sun canopy for £2,850. Full awning, winter cover and some plastic shelving notwithstanding I'd put together the best ad possible if I was trying to ask for more money than Riva are advertising a similar Destiny for.

navver

Post by navver on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:51 pm

I think that one was advertised for £4250
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:02 am

Insulated with awning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the seller states no brake shoes but not a problem as its light,sorry but if you bought it and towed it away you would be breaking the law,trailers with brakes fitted must have them fully working,doesn't stop it being possibly a good buy but take care over the brakes.

mike
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 12:39 pm

mike wrote:Insulated with awning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the seller states no brake shoes but not a problem as its light,sorry but if you bought it and towed it away you would be breaking the law,trailers with brakes fitted must have them fully working,doesn't stop it being possibly a good buy but take care over the brakes.

mike

I'd check on the brake shoes as I once had a conversation with Indespension about differing castings that I never resolved. I'd check replacement shoes are available. That is why it's good to keep old bits. Do you still have a set of old drums Helen? Bugger pre 1989 and post 1989 brakes are different.

If I lived not too far away I'd have a look. Insulated, awning and heater. Looks like a Delta.

New terms and conditions phrase here think it may become a classic.
Please note that the trailer is 25 years old and i have tried to be as honest as i can by listing all the faults but except no irresponsibility for minor mistakes which come with the age of it,
"except no irresponsibility" not accept no responsibility.

The
Payment i expect payment within 2 hrs of end of auction by Paypal or i will offer to the next highest bidder,
line doesn't help sales.

Allowing for the fact that if the shoes are missing all sorts of gubbins could be missing and bits aren't cheap I'd probably send a message asking...........

Think I see why the brakes might be missing look at the price for pre 1989 brake shoes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If the shoes are there then you can get them re lined but if not then it starts to get to the price of new suspension. You could always put a fixed coupling on and unbraked hubs for £160 or so.

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 1:30 pm

This one has me concerned,what is he selling does not see the difference.

Both pictures look familiar from other adds
alday

Post by alday on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 1:32 pm

dandy delta on ebay sounds good but no pics as yet
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 6:54 pm

mike wrote:This one has me concerned,what is he selling does not see the difference.

Both pictures look familiar from other adds

Didn't know there was a 4 to 6 berth Dandy, first pictures a Destiny that we've seen a few times and the seconds a Delta .... perhaps you get two, one 4 berth and one 6 ... a BOGOF offer on Dandy's Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 11:47 am