Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hello and help!

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: Hello and help!

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 12:55 am

Pashrolo wrote:
Kimmie wrote:Hi Michelle
Have you collected it yet? If you need any help just give me a shout and I'm happy to pop over

We have picked it up thanks, but we have realised that the folder with all the info in, including step by step instructions, was folded up inside it!

We may be shouting for help when we try and put it up though!!!! Thank you

Thanks everyone else for all the congratulations, we are really excited. The boys have helped us name her Rosie and our first adventure is booked for February

The video showing erection is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Though the rear entry (o'er missus) Dandys look different erection is just the same.

One key bit is at 1.28 and is the use of looped cord. Those 4 bits of string are the key to erecting. More than one dandy has been sold because the former owners didn't know about this and were killing themselves trying to erect the roof.

If there is anything more than the slightest breeze erect the Dandy with the hitch end into the wind. Once erected the Dandy can easily be turned round to face another direction. I'm uncertain what is in the other end of a Dandy roof on a modern Dandy but on my old Green Un it's a length of electric conduit. It is all too easy for a breeze to take hold of the loose end of the roof. This could be lethal there is easily enough energy to heavily dent a car, break a collar bone or fracture a skull.

Have a good session reading all the hints and tips and feel free to ask about anything you don't understand.

Pashrolo

Post by Pashrolo on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:51 am

Thanks again everyone, we ate going to attempt putting it up on the drive today, it seems straightforward but we will see how we get on!
It's so nice to have this forum and all the friendly and helpful responses that appear so quickly
Kimmie

Post by Kimmie on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:01 am

Pashrolo wrote:Thanks again everyone, we ate going to attempt putting it up on the drive today, it seems straightforward but we will see how we get on!
It's so nice to have this forum and all the friendly and helpful responses that appear so quickly

Remember to take some pics
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 2:44 pm

Remember to keep the instructions to hand for when folding it down again Laughing

Pashrolo

Post by Pashrolo on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:25 pm

Rosie (as she has been christened)) is now very proudly up on our drive. We looked like proper novices with the you tube clip on the phone following it step by step!! But it worked!

We have a heeater on in her as there was a couple of wet patches so I think we may have to invest in a new cover for the trailer but it will be worth it.

We just need to get the caravan off the drive now so we can try the awning - I hope that bit isn''t too tricky
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

Have you sat in there with the door closed and a brew yet, we do everytime we set ours up even if it's just at home and we wind the radio up too Laughing

I don't mean we take the mickey out of it ...... it really is a wind up radio we bought around 9 years ago from Argos and we haven't bought a battery for it yet, one of the best camping things we've bought cheers

Pashrolo

Post by Pashrolo on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:36 pm

I didn't have a brew, I hoovered Neutral now I realise a cuppa was far more important Laughing

I did do some daydreaming about new curtains and recovering the tired upholstery though. And new plates and cups and where everything will live...

Can't wait until our first trip, I do like the idea of a wind up radio though
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

Have you fired the heater up yet and discovered that it can end up hotter than most peoples houses?
And (Yes I know you shouldn't start a sentence with and)you were worried about it being cold.
I know demanding your response seems a bit excessive. It's just that you're new here and so are not yet part of our obviously evil conspiracy to deceive people into believing Dandys are wonderful.
The shock of a new user at just how warm a PVC tent can be is always good to see.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:01 pm

The heaters are great, we just have ours on low once warmed up.

We used our Dandy twice before doing the upholstery .... twice was enough to know we we're going to be keeping it for a long time. Very Happy

Pashrolo

Post by Pashrolo on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

We haven't tried the underfloor heater yet, but just being in there was warmer than I expected. My caravan loving friends have all had a look and are impressed already, I guess our first trip will convince everyone

I am not even waiting for my first trip to sort the curtains, i think we will be keeping her and I am meeting my lovely mother-in-law on Sunday to buy fabric (my sewing skills are not up to the job!) bounce
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 9:28 am

I Don't know if you got some with your Dandy but if not it would be wise to get some, the roof can flap in strong winds Shocked
We always put them on no matter what the weather looks like because it can change during the night and that's when the roof flapping gets annoying. Even if you have the awning on and can only use them on the back they make a big difference

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

Helen wrote:Have you sat in there with the door closed and a brew yet, we do everytime we set ours up even if it's just at home and we wind the radio up too Laughing

I don't mean we take the mickey out of it ...... it really is a wind up radio we bought around 9 years ago from Argos and we haven't bought a battery for it yet, one of the best camping things we've bought cheers

My mum bought a windup radio when they first came out in case there was a power cut, but of course living in a town has meant it's not had much use. Rolling Eyes So she gave it to us last year for Easter, and it's fab for camping, it lives in our clothes bag so we never forget to pack it. cheers

Also, as our classic car is 6 Volt, it's impossible to use that for running lights and things, we leave a wind up lantern and candles in the classic trailer tent, we've had too many nights camping without any lights at all. Rolling Eyes

As that one is used for classic car shows and steam rallies, there isn't usually posh electric available. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 17 Oct 2018, 9:28 pm