Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Twitter thread 2013

Caz1960

Re: Twitter thread 2013

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:38 pm

Embarassed ok here goes when i went to the revival and had a great time I still had my usual hicups the first night my friend and Mr Itch enjoyed few beers we said our good nights early hours in the morning and it was drizzling so off I went with umbrella in hand to the loo all fine until the journey back now the ground was wetter near to home when down I went well more like did a double pirouette landed with finesse doing the splits well I found the sheep poo now I know that they get very slippery   finally got up thank goodness all were tucked up in their beds so hobbled back and had a good night sleep now being a revival and decided to wear the undergarments the panty girdles all in ones all ok until its time to go affraid I had to end up a contortionist so then my dilemma was do you wear the undies under NO! ok on top so I rearranged myself much to my sons discussed as he had to wait so long outside the ladies not cool! No  so as we walked around I felt that some thing was not quiet right affraid  yep they were undies falling to the ground so now had to walk around with my knees together to save embarrassment  and encouraged all to return to the Dandy so adjustments could be made Embarassed ..Sunday being the last day and a change of hairdo so as per instructions put in setting lotion and placed curlers in and the pointy pins the ones that pierce your scalp wrapped head with a scarf and yes not a wink of sleep ( no pain no gain ) apart for the obvious pins digging in and just nodding off being prodded by my son " MUM your snoring "   up at 6am got dressed then the unveiling of the hair !!! drum roll please  NOT A CURL!!! my friend tried to help by saying it's a bit wavy biting his lips to save the out burst of laughter after all that effort HA! well should have gone as a Hippy Chick  
Caz1960

boredom

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 2:10 am

boredom is my worst enemy Embarassed  it's when plans and Ideas hatch as the rain has stopped play at the moment and I cant play with the Dandies so while trawling the internet something will catch my eye and gets full attention with " ooh thats different how hard will that be " so I am now a or soon to be a mum two 2 pigmy algerian hedgehogs then while finding out how to look after them and prepared their new home and wait for their arrival  boredom sets in again not that I haven't got enough to do as I haven't finished the redecorating of the house yet got bored halfway through and got sidetracked as my son will say that I am easily distracted "oooooh shiney " then oooh how to do that and before my common sense came back of it's holidays (Still sitting on a beach somewhere drinking a pina colada ) I have now had to make a DIY incubator as today arrived 6 fertile chicken eggs  affraid to add to my collection of silk moths,snails ,tortoise,fish,cats, and my thugs going on hols no will give my little sister a nightmare oh no thats me with the nightmares when she goes on her hols as they have lots of snakes, guinea pigs,etc.. we cant go on our hols together  
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 7:39 am

8 days since my last cigarette and doing okay, I still want one but am determined not to and that this time I will succeed in giving up Twisted Evil I know it's early days but I've made a start ....... do I feel any better for it ........ NO not at the moment but I'm sure I will eventually
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 10:24 am

Congratulations Helen Very Happy 

Getting past the first week is a milestone - you're now taking it a week at a time rather than a day at a time, and soon it will be a month at a time cheers 
jake001

Post by jake001 on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 1:45 pm

Well done Helen, it gets better after a couple of years Twisted Evil Think of what you can treat yourself to with the money you save
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 6:08 pm

(you are the woman )    
well done Helen hats off to you  
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 8:02 am

Thanks for the messages of support, I decided a few weeks back and set myself a date to stop ...... it's been 30 per day for 20 years and I did have a half hearted attempt a while back ...... tried to cut down first that time so never really stopped, I had a wake up call a few weeks ago when I was playing with my little granddaughter she was pretending to be me and there she was puffing away on a crayon affraid affraid affraid now that's my incentive and every time I get tempted I remember her and that crayon!

I'll post again when it's been a month
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 8:47 am

Hiya Helen, well done on making a good decision. My mother gave up for just the same reason, she saw one of us copying her.
When my friend decided to give up, "when the cost rose to 50p a packet" I made her give me the fifty pence and by the end of the year, she had enough money for a holiday for herself and boyfriend. He was delighted as he was a non smoker.
Well done again.
Caz1960

taken the plunge

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 1:13 am

well i have done it I've taken the plunge .. I looked in the mirror and had a reality check and saw that I am overweight so after several mugs of tea and cake's later decided to go on a diet but will need help as I haven't got a clue where to start so with my sisters advice joined a slimming club  understood the do's and do's eat eat and eat you can have 15 syns a day  thats my tea's cut down I worked out 1 teaspoon = 1 syn so I am down to 15 mugs a day ,, so pleased with myself first week over and lost 1lb affraid  feels like stones but only a pound !!! with a pep talk from my sister so I perceiver we were walking through town and oh my god what a noise hard to describe but ear piercing it was drowning out my sister shouting .....the next thing is I go flying my sister rugby tackled me  scratch then the shopkeeper came out Embarassed we were walking passed the bakery when my face had an instant attraction to the shop window but involuntary spasm of the tongue the shopkeeper said that worried her    yep it was hard smelling all the goodies in there calling my name so i pressed my face to the glass  I must have done a great impression of Miss Piggy      the noise ?? my face cleaning the windows Embarassed Embarassed  it is all for a good reason I think must visit the mystic mirror of truth when I have my doubts pale
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:54 am

You can do it Caz, the first couple of weeks on a diet are the hardest but once you start losing the weight and can see the difference you'll feel so good and a pound off is better than a pound on   That's my next plan, once I've cracked this not smoking lark I'll need to get some weight off because I've turned to sweets as a coping mechanism affraid it'll be 3 weeks tomorrow since my last ciggie but I dread getting anywhere near the scales What a Face I plan to start dieting after Christmas now, I've lost weight before but have started putting it back on Crying or Very sad Hopefully by next summer there will be a new non smoking, slimmer me camping ....... it's not going to happen overnight though.

you can do it just think 1 pound per week is almost a stone by Christmas  
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:47 pm

sunny thanks Helen I will be following in your footstep later in the new year with the smoking but well done you  
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 12 Oct 2013, 9:33 am

i decided a few weeks ago that i was going to lose weight but somehow since then life has got in the way and the diet just hasn't started Embarassed 

i gained loads of weight when i quit smoking but thankfully have stopped gaining, sadly not losing though

currently off work for a while and hoping to go back to something different as burnt out from speech therapy now and really need to do something different so here are my goals,

new job

lose weight

have started knitting again too lol here's hoping that stops me eating too much and i make things that actually look like they are supposed to (no guarantees there haha)

well done with the stopping smoking Helen, you really will totally forget about it after a while as it def gets easier cheers 
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 5:03 am

Shocked  i'm in a pickle now Rolling Eyes as you know I got into breeding silk moths ( not silk worms ) ah ha I hear mr Itch scratching his head scratch silk moths are the largest of the moth family and not for the produce of silk just for the beauty of the adult moths .. silk worms are mainly used for the produce of silk they have been bred so much the adult moth doesn't have wings as such any more anyway as you now know that I had a moment of madness and now trying to hatch chicken eggs affraid  not as easy as it sounds as i have found out  study all depends on what book you read on humidity ?? yes or no some say yes so I did then read NO affraid stopped the humidity only when they are piping Suspect scratch ... temperature?? then there is turning them how often??? ok my homemade incubator although brilliant I might add ( eat you heart out Blue Peter )well I must confess that the temp gauge was a bit iffy so had to borrow my nephews snake incubator (all singing and dancing with all the bells and whistles on it )all going well and as for my homemade one houses my giant atlas caterpillars as heat and  humidity is needed for them all ok so far and before you lose the will to live I will get to the point BUT not yet as after getting my first batch of eggs 6 in total and placed in the homemade effort because I couldn't get the temp to settle down thought that I had poached them and ordered another batch of 6 they didn't turn up and then got another set of 12 on the thought of not all will hatch then 50:50 chance of them being cockerels then the other 6 turned up.. ok now I have 23 eggs ( no my maths is not off I must confess I dropped one when turning  ) I have learnt to candle them and all are growing    23 chickens  ok will have to confess again I thought chickens are just large egg laying chickens but no!! when the eggs arrived  they would take a lot to make an omelette... after my friend stopped laughing  apparently I have Bantams scratch for the people like me they are LITTLE CHICKENS so now we are  at the pickle time  as the first 6 on thurs will be ready to hatch ( piping) they will need humidity so they will have to be moved to the home made incubator but where do the moths go as the temp is different   yep another Blue Peter moment...exciting times coming finger crossed I will be a chicken mum by the end of the week yep plenty of towels ready hot water on     the next saga will be

DOT protecting chickens from her

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 8:41 am

baby chicks are so cute and yours are going to be really little too Very Happy you must be getting very excited now sat waiting in anticipation bounce are you sure you have enough lol! 

One month since I stopped smoking, it would have been a month on Monday,  whenever I start or stop something it's always on a Monday scratch  but I didn't quite make it through the first couple of days as I lapsed and had one cigarette on the first day and two on the second but on the Wednesday I finally had my first fag free day and haven't had one since Very Happy 
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 9:02 am

Well done Helen

Xxx
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:30 pm

Helen,

Keep up the good work.  Perhaps we should consider trying too.

Caz No's,

WELL????????

Have any hatched yet???????
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:57 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  no Chickens yet scratch scratch 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

We want an announcement when they hatch, and pics when they're all fluffy Very Happy 
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:41 pm

Helen wrote:We want an announcement when they hatch, and pics when they're all fluffy Very Happy 

Definitely cheers 

navver

Post by navver on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:49 pm

I've got the Paxo ready and waiting.
jake001

Post by jake001 on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:03 pm

Just spotted Olivia's mention in this months C&CC magazine, well done Jayne you're doing your bit to keep us in the spotlight
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 12:32 am

Shocked I am not the most patient person in the world 21st day arrives and NOTHING !! :evil:so I  wait and wait pale  My son goes passed "MUM what you doing " Rolling Eyes  " Nothing  just waiting" after the tenth time he pipes up " Mum just let nature take it's course "  NATURE!!! ha has Nature read the manual NO! well I have and they should be here by now "MUM leave them alone they will come out when they are ready "  ok Patience will have to be my new mantra    as a friend said to me " where were you when god dished out brains " tying my shoelaces I said ( with friends like her who need enemies ) must have been tying the other lace when he dished out patience scratch so no chickens YET ok I will knit little chicken jackets and booties while I wait Patiently   and as for the PAXO well you will only need a teaspoon full they are little chickens when they are big    
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 12:33 am

jake001 wrote:Just spotted Olivia's mention in this months C&CC magazine, well done Jayne you're doing your bit to keep us in the spotlight
 I cant wait for my copy  
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 1:19 am

Rolling Eyes  who say's that I am having a bad day ! shot out of bed as got an appt with the opticians to check my contact lens as I haven't been wearing them long.. I get called in and she does her checks " are they comfortable?" "yes" " ARE YOU SURE!"  " um yes" scratch confused look on her face she then proceeds to check my sight and again a cross examination eventually she explains " you have the the left lens in the right eye and vice versa and to cap it all I had put my contact lenses in inside out Embarassed I promptly check my clothing and was relieved that not only was I dressed but they were on the right way    
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm

jake001 wrote:Just spotted Olivia's mention in this months C&CC magazine, well done Jayne you're doing your bit to keep us in the spotlight
what page? bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 5:51 pm