Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Twitter thread 2013

ShaunJUK

Re: Twitter thread 2013

Post by ShaunJUK on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:08 pm

Thanks everyone,

I really dont get on here as much as I need to.

As an update we have now moved our dandy ready for preparation for selling as we get a new car in the next week or so and wont have a towbar straight away.

We then plan to but a 6 or destiny in the future.

We are missing getting out Crying or Very sad 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 27 Nov 2013, 4:47 pm

Awww Caz your poor poor pooch, is he feeling any better yet?

As for cars ours turned out to be a bigger problem than expected ...... the bill was almost £500 affraid affraid affraid apparently everything went at once scratch what supposed to have happened is that the balance beam belt broke then smashed the crankshaft sensor which immediately shut the car down - we had all new belts including the balance beam one fitted 18 months ago.

So the car had all new belts as they come in a set our mechanic decided to change the lot for us while he also fitted a new crankshaft sensor but the car then wouldn't start so he used easy start to get it going and it did but shut down within a minute or so and continued doing this so an auto electrician was called in who said it had a problem with some other unit which he then put a relay in to bypass it - personally we would have rather had a new unit but our mechanic never rang to ask or let us know if anything else had gone wrong. Woo hoo the car works ........ until an engine warning light lit after a few miles affraid took it back to the garage today and were told that we have a cracked manifold which has been filled ..... not mention of that yesterday.

Result is the car is running okay but ....... it has to go which is a shame because up to now we've spent almost £1000 on it this year and it's had a service on average every 9 months due to Johns mileage, we could sort it out but we were feeling like it was time for a change and this has pushed us into it. No rush though so we'll wait until we find the right car.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:56 pm

affraid affraid affraid  my poor baby he went to vets had steroid jab Very brave boy I squealed     by tues all back to normal ish then rushed him back today the other eye did the exact same thing  Suspect  pale so i will have to investigate what's going on ?????is someone poisoning my dog  er na because the other two not affected but thinking back when in london my dobie princess  got poisoned and my other two didn't  scratch she survived and lived to the ripe old age
I cut gladiolli but on reading study  that would cause vomiting and diarrhea so no scratch  the testing will go on but if he is clear for two weeks I want an allergy test  to see if it is in his food ( or what he is nicking from the tops / cupboards  ) so Poirot move over as I have to start using my  " little grey cells "
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 5:36 am

Our pooch has some major allergy issue's with food ..... it took forever and a day to find out what foods are involved and he still gets flare ups, mainly when he sneaks into the rabbit shed and snaffles bits of rabbit food but the grandkids also insist on sharing things with him too and he never refuses any offerings no matter who's doing the giving ....... we do feed him honest Smile Wonder if your poor boy is sticking his head somewhere he shouldn't Shocked could he have an allergy to some sort of seed, pollen or bulb type thing, is that even likely this time of year scratch  Our daughters lab loves water and has no resistance to the jumping in or rolling around in it urge What a Face  he had a swollen eye last year, it went away and didn't come back and the cause was never discovered.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 6:24 pm

Caz1960 wrote:affraid affraid affraid  my poor baby he went to vets had steroid jab Very brave boy I squealed     by tues all back to normal ish then rushed him back today the other eye did the exact same thing  Suspect  pale so i will have to investigate what's going on ?????is someone poisoning my dog  er na because the other two not affected but thinking back when in london my dobie princess  got poisoned and my other two didn't  scratch she survived and lived to the ripe old age
I cut gladiolli but on reading study  that would cause vomiting and diarrhea so no scratch  the testing will go on but if he is clear for two weeks I want an allergy test  to see if it is in his food ( or what he is nicking from the tops / cupboards  ) so Poirot move over as I have to start using my  " little grey cells "
Hope all is well with the young man.

How is the investigation Suspect going. Has Detective Caz found any more clues.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 6:56 pm

We went car hunting today, saw an Audi A5 convertible with full leather interior and fell in love .......... we both got in and said yes this is the one for us until we came to get out, neither of us could without assistance ..... Bugger. Before when we've changed cars we haven't been looking for the make or model we've come home with but have known on sight that the car was going to be our next one so when we saw that today all silver and shiny four wheel drives went right out the window. Twisted Evil until we realised we're not spring chickens anymore and now need a large vehicle for the height  
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 7:11 pm

We have got a mate with a Mazda van for sale.
Its high up so would be easy for getting in and out of.
Its silver, but we wouldn't call it shiny.
Its got 4 wheels and even one for steering it.
Tow bar included.
We could try and find some leather seat covers if that would seal the deal. Wink 
We promise to have the exhaust fixed before you pick it up.

Cool
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm

Helen wrote:We went car hunting today, saw an Audi A5 convertible with full leather interior and fell in love .......... we both got in and said yes this is the one for us until we came to get out, neither of us could without assistance ..... Bugger.  Before when we've changed cars we haven't been looking for the make or model we've come home with but have known on sight that the car was going to be our next one so when we saw that today all silver and shiny four wheel drives went right out the window. Twisted Evil until we realised we're not spring chickens anymore and now need a large vehicle for the height  

Have this image of you both waving arms and legs like upside down tortoises lol

Did the salesman manage to keep a straight face lol
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm

The van sounds great Mark What a Face 

The first mistake was to expect handles above the doors to grab hold of to slide up the seats a bit, rag tops don't have them  second mistake was thinking John would get his butt out of the seat and come around to pull me out ....... he couldn't get out either Evil or Very Mad in the end the men at the garage came out of the office to help us Embarassed I'm sure they had a good laugh first though and had it been dry weather they would no doubt have left us a bit longer but the car doors were open and it was raining while we rocked back and forth with feet out of the doors trying to get up What a Face  At least it wasn't just me though Laughing 
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:50 pm

That description did make me laugh, Helen.

I though we were escaping the trials and tribulations of this thread but this morning I had a call from Mrs P, who had gone to pick up our daughter from a friend's house, to say that the car had lost power and she had limped into a bus stop. It wasn't far away so I got a taxi over to where they were - thinking it was probably some dirt in the fuel or similar. But no, the engine was running fine, and stayed running fine when in gear and clutch engaged but the wheels just didn't turn - well no more than slightly anyway Sad 

Seems like a complete clutch failure, but without any warning whatsoever. I drove it a lot myself yesterday and it seemed absolutely fine.

Called the breakdown company and they said someone would be there within an hour. An hour came and went. They did call back before I called them and chased up the recovery people. We were told another 20 minutes but that came and went too. Then the recovery people called and apologised and said they were 7 miles away and would be with us soon. Then the breakdown people called back and said that wasn't good enough and they would call out another recovery company to make sure that someone got to us. You can guess the next part - half an hour later two recovery trucks arrive at the same time, one pulls in front of us, one behind, and the drivers waste another 10 minutes deciding who is going to take the job bounce 

Anyway we got the car towed to outside our usual garage and dropped the key through their letterbox with a note. I imagine I'll be needing lots more notes whenever I go back to pick it up pale 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:31 am

Oh dear, not what you need with Christmas on the doorstep Evil or Very Mad we've had ours back at the garage and the engine warning light is coming on due to the pcv so it's not going to cost a fortune this time and my brother managed to get an exhaust manifold from a scrapper ........ we are probably keeping it for a while whilst we find a suitable vehicle and will probably keep it even then as a spare or sell privately. The trade in price we are being offered is horrendous ..... less than we paid just for the tow bar alone affraid we've also had a new air intake system in May, new oxygen sensor beginning of the year, new cam shaft sensor and all new belts the tyres are also only a couple of months old. We can't decide on which vehicle to get now, John fancies a Navara but I think we should keep ours as a tow vehicle and get something with a smaller engine for day to day running around.
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:14 pm

Well after having our car back for less than 2 weeksafter the accident it's gone back to the garage, it was vandalised last night. Windscreen and rear window both smashed, drivers door badly scratched, dents in the roof and passenger side door pillar:arghh: 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 9:54 am

The photo's of the damage done are horrendous, it looks like it's been in the middle of a riot! there are some mindless morons out there, so sorry for both you and Nigel

Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:06 pm

Shocked  I promise not to moan again as reading this thread puts my moans into insignificance tree ? Leafs ? what tree ?   sorry to hear the car troubles and hope santa leaves you allot of luck in your stocking for next year looks like you deserve it    
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:52 pm

Hi all,

We picked up our new car this week so definately no more dandy trips for the foreseeable future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 1:16 am

round, round, round, round That should read ball hooks, ball hooks etc.

I was looking for a thread for over a week to support what I wanted to say found it and was just finishing off the piece. Hit the red X by accident.
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 8:58 am

ShaunJUK wrote:Hi all,

We picked up our new car this week so definately no more dandy trips for the foreseeable future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
very nice wheels

seriously wishing for a new car myself xx

happy driving
jake001

Post by jake001 on Sat 14 Dec 2013, 1:16 pm

Just realised that it's almost Christmas, time to get in the right mood (see avatar)  Twisted Evil 
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 11:28 am

Evil or Very Mad  Had a bad weekend well to be truthful I didn't  Smile  My son did  his computer broke down    in turn my life then turns to hell with constant nagging so I promised that I would phone Dell on monday ! I managed to get to bed at 3am then on the hour every hour " MUM ! its monday you said you would phone dell " yes darling ( gritted teeth ) in the morning when the sun wakes up ok I forgot the sun gets up at the crack of dawn   I dutifully get up especially when a bucket of cold water was mentioned ( a friend not any more said in jest that a bucket of cold water would wake anyone up ) got on the phone to Dell after a cupper    we went through the process he then did the remote thing now that impressed me   then the man mentioned opening it up bearing in mind I AM NOT ALLOWED TO LOOK AT IT LET ALONE TOUCH IT    so after allot of negotiations I was allowed ooooh I can use my screwdrivering set ..errr no ma'am you only need a philips says a little American voice in my ear.. ha no I NEED my new screwdrivering set! bounce now gowned up , mask on bleeps playing in the background blinding light poised over head " swab!"     that was it the side of the machine was off ... deathly silence  affraid  the amount of dust in there you could turn the pages ..little voice in ear er ma'am can you see the graphic card ?   well now thats the thing I thought that a graphics card was like a sd card so I start pulling wires off with my son gritting his teeth in a complete state of panic putting back everything that I pulled apart nope cant find it .... err ma'am its big and red .... OH THAT wow thats big yep I found it .. ok ma'am there is a clip at the bottom and then take it out .. ha easier said than done as I am fighting my sons hands diving in to get this thing out   MUM gentle GENTLE!!!! OK let me explain at this point I have had ONLY one cup of tea it is now 4 hours later  I have the phone glued to my ear with a very patient American    man coaching me   and my son in my other ear near on tears or kill mode still can't work out which and the bloody thing will not come out    I sent my son out of the room to get a can of air duster so while he as out of the room    brute strength was used ha got it       ma'am plug it all in without the card in so did it I am getting to old to crawl around on the floor at the back of units what he might have thought with all my grunting and groaning yep still have him glued to my ear all worked but cant play games on it all happy at the moment as we are waiting all morning for an engineer to come out and fix it with a new card yep he is doing my head in as patients is not in his vocabulary but even though it kept an old lady happy to hear the dulcet tones of an american young man whispering sweet nothing in my ear WHY COULD I NOT JUST HAVE THE ENGINEER COME OUT and do everything himself    could have saved hours of agro so yep blow the diet ( of which i have been goodish ) the rest of the day drinking copious gallons of Tea washing down mouthfuls of            weigh in tonight  pale 
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:53 pm

Helen I read on the other thread about your rabbit and hope all goes well and be hopping round soon   
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 18 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm

Hi Caz,

my rabbit Minstrel passed away this morning  Crying or Very sad she was 9 and although she'd been off colour the only thing the vet could find wrong was a bacterial skin infection between her chin and dewlap so they gave me some stuff to bathe the area and gave her a shot of antibiotics and one of anti-inflammatory. They also gave me some liquid antibiotics to start today and didn't seen unduly concerned as she'd been eating and drinking so we made an appointment for next week that could be cancelled if the infection had cleared but there must have been an underlying problem. Thanks for asking, I know your as nuts about animals as I am X
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 19 Apr 2014, 1:36 am

wow 9 years thats a great age for a Rabbit sorry to hear the sad news     
and yep with my minagery I have a catterpiller problem at the moment as my chinese silk moths emerged early and got together to cut a long story short I have caterpillers that live off Oak and the problem no oak yet I have managed to buy all Holm oak trees ( evergreen) around but now have run out .. out of over sixty caterpillers im down to just over twenty , I am trying to get them to eat Hawthorn they can be very stubborn if they dont I loose my stock gutting
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 9:53 pm

Helen,
   so sorry to hear about your minstrel, at least she had had a good life with you. We know what it is like to lose a pet.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

CazNos,

It is so great to hear from you again, we have missed your stories of dog walking and other dilemmas you end up in.

We can just imagine you pulling a computer to bits with someone giving you instructions down a phone.  affraid lol! lol!
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:18 am

Yep I had fun got a chance to wear the greens     

Now I am not to sure weather I should tell ( you might send the men with the white coats incase you do I've moved ) ok as you know I have hatched two chickens they are more the ickle chickens ( handbag size) any way on reading up about the breed to find out these are flyers , I can see it now out to dig the garden with my chickens and they bugger off    so don't want that .. I have hatched a plan    first to tie a peice of string so if they do fly off I can find them then the problem was How long is a peice of string ???
plan two.. lead not as in dog collar and lead more like rabbit  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  or  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]       so waiting for them to arrive  Very Happy  then will let you know don't think the dogs will be too impressed      

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 5:51 pm