Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Our lovely Designer for sale with sun canopy, leisure battery, hook up etc...

odienoo

Our lovely Designer for sale with sun canopy, leisure battery, hook up etc...

Post by odienoo on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 1:01 am

Well it's a sad day but after 2+ very happy years it's time to sell our Designer! I have finally got around to setting it up and removing all of our bits and bobs and have now got our Destiny set up on the patio and am in the process of taking it to bits Smile

I'll stop bleating on and get on with the ad now:

Welcome to the sale of my Dandy Designer 5 berth folding camper. This is a 1992 model which is in excellent condition for year and benefits from being a fully winterised model which means that it left the factory with insulted walls and roof and an under floor gas heater which really belts the heat out. It has been very well loved and looked after by us and previous owners and has had many updates added over the years.

For those of you who are not familiar with Dandy campers they were manufactured in a way that makes them extremely hard wearing and convenient as the roof and walls are PVC rather than canvas so they do not rot or need waterproofing like canvas equivalents. This also means that should the heavens open when you are packing down you do not need to worry about opening the unit up when you get it home to dry the canvas out to stop it falling apart. They all have 2 solid sides with lockable doors and opening glass windows. The layouts were all extremely well thought out to ensure that the maximum amount of equipment could be included as standard without making the trailer too heavy to tow and ranged from 4 to 6 berth models. The Designer is the model that, to a lot of people is the most practical for couples and small families. It gives the ability to sleep 5 adults with internal cooking and washing facilities but remains light enough to be towed by the smallest of cars, as it weighs in at only 395kg unladen. We towed this many times with our 1998 Mazda MX5.

The standard features of the Designer model are:
• Spacious double bed
• Comfortable settee which transforms into second double bed
• Two glazed windows
• Three heavy gauge plastic windows
• Quality carpeted flooring
• Insulated roof and side walls
• Fire retardant upholstery
• Privacy curtains
• Colour co-ordinated fabrics
• Sink and drainer unit with 12 volt electric pump
• Two burner hob and grill
• Centre pedestal table/storage area
• External storage for spare wheel & gas bottle
• Braked trailer with handbrake
• Unladen weight of 395kgs

For full specification and sizes please follow the below links to the manufacturers website:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our camper has had the benefit of having some fantastic additions over the years either added by myself or by previous owners, such as:
• 240 volt electric hook up with mains RCD and 2 x sockets, hook up cable included.
• 12 volt transformer so that when connected to mains you can use the 12 volt electric without draining your leisure battery
• Leisure battery wired in and included in the sale
• 12 volt light with multiple poisoning options
• Re-plumbed gas system offering an additional internal gas outlet for a fridge or secondary heater and an external connection point for a gas BBQ or heater.
• Sony CD stereo with auxiliary input for your Ipod/phone and 2 speakers fitted below seats.
• All curtains re-made approximately 18 months ago along with new privacy curtains.
• Braking system overhauled when I bought it 2 years ago and checked again recently.
• New tyres and wheels in August 2011, only travelled approx. 500 miles, spare like new.
• New water pump, wiring and all water hoses in April 2012.
• New jockey wheel in April 2012.

Please follow the below link to view over 100 photo’s of our Dandy from all angles and to view a walk around video:

There are a couple of small areas requiring improvement, those being that the elastic cords have lost some of their elasticity but I have bought replacements which I will hopefully get to fit before the sale completes, if not I will include in the sale for the new purchaser. Similarly some of the Velcro has become detached which I have also sourced replacements for and will either be fitted prior to sale or included for the new owner. The only other area that needs some attention is the carpet, it is perfectly useable and serviceable and has not deteriorated in our ownership but it does have some marks and stains and is frayed on the edges of the wheel arches. This was to be my first project of the new year ready for our first trip away at Easter but due to us putting this up for sale decided that it was best to leave it up to the new owner to decide whether they want to fit new carpet or replace with lino as many people do.

Apart from the areas mentioned above everything in this camper is in excellent condition and works perfectly, all you need to do is add your personal belongings, hitch up and off you go on holiday.

This camper is like a part of our family and we will be very sad to see it go as we have had some great holidays with it. Our reason for sale is simple, we have invested in a larger Dandy Destiny. We hope that the new owner will have as much fun and as many happy memories travelling with this Designer as we have! Thanks a lot for viewing and best of luck.

Nearly forgot, I'm looking for £1500 for it please Smile

Kind Regards,

Chris
ShaunJUK

Re: Our lovely Designer for sale with sun canopy, leisure battery, hook up etc...

Post by ShaunJUK on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:06 am

Great looking dandy Smile
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Our lovely Designer for sale with sun canopy, leisure battery, hook up etc...

Post by Helen on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:08 am

Congratulations on your Destiny, doe's the Designer have an awning?

odienoo

Post by odienoo on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:23 am

Thanks a lot guys,

It has got its original sun canopy but unfortunately not a full awning. I was planning to get some decent pics of it with the canopy erected but unfortunately got carried away playing with the Destiny and ran out of time last weekend so needed to shift it from the school playground before the kids came back on moday morning Smile

Cheers
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

Sun canopy's are great for sitting out under in the evenings
Teamed with a small utility tent, you have a great set up.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:33 am

Quite a clever idea the caravan type steady under the opening for the door. Was it your addition or the previous owners? Welded or bolted on?

odienoo

Post by odienoo on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:37 am

I have to agree with you Helen, we were actually given a set of sides to use with the canopy when we bought it which I think are gazebo sides but I've never bothered messing about trying to fit them as we have always enjoyed using windbreakers as walls which means that we still had the views in the morning and can set up a bbq or fire basket inside the canopy when we wish Smile

Tow Itch - It was there when we bought it, to be honest I thought it was standard. Embarassed Winding it down makes a massive difference and makes it so solid when you step inside. I think it's bolted on but couldn't be 100%, I'll check later and let you know for certain.

odienoo

Post by odienoo on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

OK, it doesn't appear to be hanging about! I received a call this morning from a nice lady who has told me that she wants our Dandy. I am going to meet her on Wednesday so all being well this Dandy is off to a new home and is now sold pending payment and collection on Wednesday.

Thanks for taking the time to look and sorry to anybody who missed out. I'll keep you up to date with developments and will direct the lady here if she needs any support or advice.

Many Thanks, Chris
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:06 pm

affraid I promise not to stand still next to you don't think you missed a spot with your camera
glad to hear that you might have sold it and how spectacular she looks I have pinched a few Ideas off you for my 5 the speakers and cd player plus your shelf brilliant

odienoo

Post by odienoo on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

Haha cheers caz! I can get a bit trigger happy when photographing stuff, I spose its my ocd at wanting to ensure that any prospective purchaser can see exactly what they're getting :-p

Thanks for the positive feedback on the stereo and shelf. One thing I did was fit an isolation switch on the feed to the stereo to act like ur car ignition so that it isn't permanently powered up and so we could turn it off from bed. I think u can just see the little white switch in one of the pics. When I get around to doing similar in the destiny I will also box the speakers in to improve the sound further and save the worry of things hitting the backs in transit (not that theres ever any room for things to move anyway) so would suggest that to u if ur planning it. :-)
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

thank you I would have not thought of that will do the isolation switch and yes saw the switch by the side of the bed great Ideas and dont forget when you do the things to your next on PLEASE post photo's as not only that we love pictures but anyone like me "monkey see, monkey do " so looking forward to that
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

Hello and odienoo.

Good luck with your sale tomorrow.

odienoo

Post by odienoo on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:17 pm

Hi phoenix thanks for the welcome:-)
Unfortunately the lady can't make it over now coz of snow but I've got someone else who wants to come over and my eBay add has got 37 watchers already in 2 days! So fingers crossed by this time next week there should only be one dandy on the drive. Well atm I've got the destiny in bits so half if it's in my dining room ;-)

odienoo

Post by odienoo on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 9:07 pm

Well it's a sad but happy day coz Dandy has now been sold. A lovely couple came to see him tonight and have fallen in love with his charms Smile they are even planning on taking him to France on holiday!

I've told them how great the forum is and will give them all the details when they come to pick him up so hopefully that will be another new member Smile
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 7:06 am

Brilliant but sad at the same time, it's like watching an old friend go when a Dandy leaves you for it's new home What a Face

for letting them know about the Dandy Campers it's always good to have new people joining in.

mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:06 pm

The good ones dont hang about long Very Happy

odienoo

Post by odienoo on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 6:55 pm

Well dandy's gone to his new home tonite Sad u could actually say he's gone home coz the people don't live that far from the factory!

Now just got to crack on with the new one Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017, 9:42 am