Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy Dart ?2001 for sale

katejoyce

Dandy Dart ?2001 for sale

Post by katejoyce on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:56 pm

Dandy Dart 4 berth for sale. White and light blue one of the last to be made before changing to dark blue. This is a very tidy unit winterized but has no underfloor heating. All electrics and plumbing are in good working order, as is gas cooker and grill.
The main unit is in the darker blue upholstery and is in good condition. The fog light has some red tape on it but is working as should be. It has been on there since we bought it.
The awning has had a 3inch rip that has been fixed with clear patch.The door zip needs some sewing. It has the original cover but the bungee cord may want renewing.
This is a very tidy little Dandy. First to see will buy. Check some pictures on Gumtree Glasgow, have inside ones if required.
Asking £1200

Last edited by katejoyce on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: Dandy Dart ?2001 for sale

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:27 am

Dear Kate

You have already been spotted see. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I wasn't necessarily saying you were overpriced!
I was guessing that there was no under floor heater. I think the Riviera heaters had disappeared by then. Have you got sick of explaining to people "No it's insulated but no heater"?
You have hid your light under a bushel about the upholstery though. If it's like the latest Riva upholstery that looks a lot better.
It's not got the inner roof lining as well has it?
The electric only has
It has 12v plugs in unit.
12V Sockets(?) or does it have a 240v system as well. Some owners don't realise that 240v was a paid for extra.
It's always sad for someone's first contact to be them telling us they are selling up. If you can spare the time you might choose to tell us why your calling it a day with the Dandy. At this point you might think I'm daft you want to sell your Dandy why should you choose say anything negative about them. I'd say it's a courtesy, your Dandy will sell. If the interior looks flash enough possibly for more than the original £1,200 when the annual feeding frenzy starts on eBay. There are enough interested buyers who come on here. I just want the other side of the story. The last thing we want are people who come on here looking for Dandys to buy one and be selling it in 6 months time. We want happy (Dandy) campers. So go on tell us why you're getting shot.
What's in it for you? Well I said that the interior pictures should make a difference but you can't host pictures here for seven days. I'll send you a PM now with my email address so you can send me the interior photos.Some of the electricity arrangements as well if there is a 240V and 12V system.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:02 am

Hi Kate,

Welcome to the Dandy Campers, I think it's a very low price for a 2001 Dandy with awning. It should sell fairly fast, the only problem you may have at the moment is the weather, people need to view and the rotten weather may stop them venturing far. If I was looking for a Dart, I'd be taking a trip out despite the weather to get a 2001 Dandy for that price

navver

Post by navver on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:08 am

Hi Kate. You have it advertised as a trailot tent. You may want to change that as anyone doing a search for a trailer tent might miss it.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 5:22 pm

General tip I use when searching for Dandys. One search as Dandy Tent for those listed as Dandy Trailer Tent. One search As Dandy Camper For Those listed as Dandy Folding Campers. All over view of Folding Camper on eBay but too many listings for Trailer Tent. Try Trailer Tent in the vehicles section or "Trailer Tent" both weed out listings.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:07 pm

Hello and katejoyce.
Good luck with your sale. Smile

katejoyce

Oh ye of little faith! Dandy ?2001

Post by katejoyce on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:03 pm

Firstly Navver apologies for misspelling. It wasn't the only screw-up, the price was different too. I'll be shot at dawn for that.
Helen and Phoenix, many thanks for the kind welcome much appreciated.Tow Itch thanks for all the advice.
Now that's out of the way here's the story. Selling Wee dandy because there comes a time when age and health make it difficult to open without gas struts and since these cost £200 to £320 and more to the point my partner has seen a little 2 berth caravan she liked the deal was done.
This Wee Dandy has a roof lining, curtains for all windows even in the awning.
I have been offered a price from Riva Dandy and realise that it was a dealers price which wasnt far off £1200. So I do know Ive priced it under but I want a quick sale as the caravan wont hang around for ever.
I'm hoping someone who loves and apprecciates Wee Dandys will buy him.
You may be thinking Why ?2001 well that's what we were told when we bought it. Oh I realise that you are supposed to tell the age off the A frame but we never bothered checking.
Basically what you see is what you get no hidden agenda here just trying to sell a stunning Wee Dandy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:16 pm

For a very fair price too

Hope you get your caravan, it makes sense when you find things difficult to not give up camping but find something suitable so you can carry on. If I bought a van again I'd make sure it was checked over by someone who knew what they were doing, we bought our first caravan and ended up spending almost as much as we paid for it again on repairs ...... it looked superb but the faults had been hidden and soon showed when we started using it.

navver

Post by navver on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:38 pm

If you want a little wee caravan that lasts, have a look at the Freedoms. I had one and loved it, but it was a bit small for 4 plus dog but I did manage to tow it with my Mini Metro no bother.

These are the main importer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but they o come up 2nd had quite cheap. I paid £1400 for my 1992 model in 1998.

They are made of GRP with Alko galvanised chassis so should last 25 years plus and I believe they will. Mine only had cold water with an electric pump, a fridge, 240v sockets and 12 volt lighting and an awning. Loads of storage and the comfiest bed I've ever had made from a dinette.

katejoyce

dandy?2001

Post by katejoyce on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:54 pm

Thanks for that Navver. We do know of these we use to live in Stafford, where they're sold. We have bought a Wee Abi Airstream.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:22 pm

Kate's Photos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What is the score with the two different covers?

katejoyce

Covers

Post by katejoyce on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 8:44 pm

Not sure what your trying to say. Is it 2 pics of exterior cover? If so one pic taken out side garage, the other from inside.
Its a lighting issue. They were just taken with my phone camera.
kate sunny
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 8:57 pm

katejoyce wrote:Not sure what your trying to say. Is it 2 pics of exterior cover? If so one pic taken out side garage, the other from inside.
Its a lighting issue. They were just taken with my phone camera.
kate sunny

Not what I was thinking at all. Left over Vinyl of the wrong colour was universally used for bits and bobs of stuff out of sight. Though I have seen an early light blue Dandy with a coffee coloured cover. In that light your cover looked exactly like one of the coffee coloured covers.

Just made me laugh. My Dad had a suit (well he had more than one) and we saw photos of him in a suit that we didn't recognise. It took us ages to work out that the photos of the suit ended up a completely different colour than the suit. Different cameras, different light as long as artificial light then this suit that he didn't own appeared.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm

It's a lovely Dandy Very Happy

Love the seating, should be a very good buy for someone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017, 9:49 am