Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

1983 Dandy Delta for sale

hannipig

1983 Dandy Delta for sale

Post by hannipig on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:04 pm

Hi, I am looking to sell my parents 1983 Dandy Delta and was looking for some pointers as to how much it would be worth, or if any members on here would be interested. Its brown and white with a gas heater and non isulated sides and comes with a full pvc awning, has been dry stored when not in use, has some minor wear and tear, the chassis and floor look sound and have been undersealed and in general it has been well looked after.Thanks in anticipation.
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Re: 1983 Dandy Delta for sale

Post by Eilis on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:28 pm

Hi hannipig, do you have any photos as that would help people give you advice
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:52 pm

Hi and welcome to the Dandy Campers,

price would depend on condition and also what's happening in the market at the time of sale.
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 7:20 pm

Oops sorry forgetting my manners

navver

Post by navver on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 9:04 pm

This 82 delta looks pretty good and has been on sale at riva/dandy for some time for £700. That may be a guide to price.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:06 pm

Photos are really important those of us who know Dandys reasonably well still like to see them and for most buyers they are essential.
A lot happened to Dandys in the eighties as well and photographs help confirm which variant it is. Even when it comes to size as with the belief that all Reliants are Robins some think all Dandys are Darts but other sizing mistakes occur.
The eighties were a long Decade with the first Dandys having plastic sides, possibly no fitted stove, no plastic windows and a single brown colour. Just like the one in Riva's advert, perfectly serviceable but not the first choice of many. Normally with warped sides the interior is a little dark. People looking for older Dandys want rod brakes wooden sides and aren't so bothered about the interior being slightly darker everyone else wants something more modern.
You don't mention PVC windows but all brown and white (or coffee) I've seen have windows. You have an awning and also you have a heater. The only thing you miss is that some of the last of the browns had insulated walls (winterised) but if an either or I'd much prefer the heater. Light blue and white Dandys will always tend to fetch more but a garage stored 80's Dandy can be just as good and could easily have another 20+ if not 30+ years of service in it.
Price: A lot depends on things that can only be perceived when viewing. Suspension has it dropped or has it twisted? Coupling and brakes do they work properly? Floor is it firm. General condition, those flaked edges small cuts or missing upholstery one sees on the unloved.
Price? Minimum I might see one going for is £300 or given (given doesn't always mean folk can't be bothered it can be because they have had their moneys worth. It's only Dandy owners who have 30+ year old units canvas ones are very dead by this point) The most? One can only guess if we have a warm Easter and May a few good photos and put it into the instant gratification feeding frenzy that is eBay £800 possibly more. Wrong week or wrong weather closer to £300. The one for sale by Riva will be serviced and it's a commercial sale. I looked for ages but eventually got an early 90's winterised Designer for £500. It's all a bit of a lottery.
If you want to post some photos you can't for the first 7 days of membership but if you have photos say so I'll PM you with my email address and host the photos for you.

hannipig

Post by hannipig on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 7:59 pm

Hi, thanks for the welcome and info, the delta has windows and non insulated walls it tows ok and the hitch,brakes and handbrake all seem to be good, the floor appears sound and it has the fitted kitchen unit with good cooker and sink and also is wired for 240v, it also has a homemade locker on the front for the gas bottle. I cant work out how to put pics on but if anyone is interested then message me and i will send some over although they dont do it justice, the delta is just outside Leeds and I am open to offers. I would rather it go to someone who will use it than resort to fleabay Very Happy
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm

As said above I'll host the pics if you want. PM should arrive within minutes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:10 am