Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Watching tv in a dandy camper

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Watching tv in a dandy camper

Post by mike on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

TV when camping sure to raise at least two points of view,yes i always take one,no you shouldn't need tv when your camping.I fall somewhere in the middle we used to take one but found we hardly used it,what i did take however was the laptop,so decided to try a tv dongle.The one i got i think has now been superseded as is the case with technology but it was by Avermedia model digi volar x ,neat little item same size as a internet dongle comes obviously with all that's needed to get the operating platform on your laptop,and a pretty useless Ariel .
I found installation easy but connected it to my household Ariel for tuning to get the best reception,it picks up all free-view stations and loads of radio stations,built in recorder though i have never tried this function.
When on site i always have an awning or utility tent so i use a one for all boosted indoor Ariel and find if there is a signal this will find it best to check if there is a free view signal on the site by going to this site and entering the post code
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Re: Watching tv in a dandy camper

Post by Nick on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:26 pm

we use this type of Antenna [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] its not cheap but works really well,you don't need a power supply if you have a Digital TV as it will have a 5v supply that goes out through the Antenna Socket.We have received over 80 tv channel and 26 radio channels using this Antenna,it just sticks to the window easy.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:50 pm

Ah I had a kit that let you watch TV on your computer.
It was a software CD rom and an ariel that plugged into a USB port.
Died a death when we went to digital signals.
Can you get a comparable product for digital. And how much? Mine was a cheapie from Aldi.

Kevin.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:54 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
Ah I had a kit that let you watch TV on your computer.
It was a software CD rom and an ariel that plugged into a USB port.
Died a death when we went to digital signals.
Can you get a comparable product for digital. And how much? Mine was a cheapie from Aldi.

Kevin.

Only know of tv dongles but i think you can pick some up cheap,sure i saw someone had got one for £20 may have been aldi or lidl
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:58 pm

This has got to be cheap to get tv on your pc

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:58 pm

Mike that's a groovy little item,i think that connected to a good antenna and it would be a winning combination Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:04 am

NickB wrote:Mike that's a groovy little item,i think that connected to a good antenna and it would be a winning combination Smile

Its ideal if you intend taking a laptop,with an internet dongle,tv dongle,built in dvd player and games,every thing you could need for those long winter nights.
Mind you after saying that we tend to just lay back and chat.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

We did once wonder why our tv wasn't working when it had been fine only a few days before ........... we forgot that when you are in another area you have to re-tune Doh!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 6:25 am

Was in the chat area last night with Essie talking about TV dongles for your lap top,mine is 3 years old now and probaly basic but it would look like the latest have twin tuners for recording one program to your hard drive while watching another.
Essie found this though cheap and single tuner [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

£13.49

ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:08 am

Or use an internet dongle (or wifi Shocked ) and goto [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 6:15 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:Or use an internet dongle (or wifi Shocked ) and goto [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Both are possible but it would eat your dongle allowance whilst the tv one is just normal free view,with wi-fi some sites i have been on are too slow on wi-fi or manage to block tv sites.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2019, 6:09 am