Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

dandy family and friends

Twindad

dandy family and friends

Post by Twindad on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 7:47 pm

hello all,how was your day.. mine was rubbish so i thought i would cheer myself up by coming on here and look and talk bout dandys..
still looking for a dandy or a folding camper 6 berth for me and my family to enjoy and my jack russell " peanut"..
love the idea of a dandy in the fact you can fold down wet, but they are far and few about.
any suggestions and advice accepted.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: dandy family and friends

Post by Helen on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 5:00 am

Don't worry about a lack of Dandy's for sale at the minute, lots of people have them tucked away over winter ...... there tends to be a lot more for sale when things warm up a bit. Very Happy

Peanut's very cute.

navver

Post by navver on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:48 am

This one on preloved looks about what you are after. Loks like it's had the wardrobe replaced bya seat or maybe a Potti though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Twindad

dandy for sale

Post by Twindad on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 6:59 pm

yeh i also saw this one, and asked for further pictures.. but there seems to be allot of dark patches on door at bottom..not sure whether damp or not
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:14 pm

Twindad wrote:yeh i also saw this one, and asked for further pictures.. but there seems to be allot of dark patches on door at bottom..not sure whether damp or not

It's a good idea to go and look. The best idea is to go and look at one you don't want to buy. Every one you look at teaches you more for next time. The bottom of the door being ragged is not an issue (piece of 18mm ply but allows the price to be challenged.) but if damp has got to the floor, not so good. See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Don't bust a gut seen 6's go for next to nothing don't know if folk are confused and think they can't tow with post 1997 licences or what. Alas there was a cracker with awning, skirts, heater insulation that had been hanging around on the Dandy owners club site and UK Camping for months at around the £800 mark. Brown and in Scotland it seemed no one could be bothered.
Have a look especially if your not keen to buy. See what the spring/summer brings up if your in no hurry. As you seemed very open on size, if the right deal in the wrong size crops up you may choose to live with that for a while.
Twindad

Dandy Wanted

Post by Twindad on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:51 pm

thanks tow itch for the advice.. its having members like you that makes a club good..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 7:31 am