Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Roof Pools

manchestercamper

Roof Pools

Post by manchestercamper on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

Hi
Brief history. I bought my first dandy approx 25 years ago it was a green dandy 5 It did not have any roof supports over the beds on either end. I bought 4 brackets from dandy and had made 2 roof supports.
In the last 25 years I have owned 3 dandy 6's and 2 other dandy 5ts they all had roof supports over the end beds.
I have just bought a dandy destiny and have noticed the absence of the said supports at either end of the unit.

I find this surprising. There are 3 for the main unit and the 2 that lock the unit together but nothing over the beds.
I understand the bed supports were there to help the unit keep its shape during rain storms so the rain runs off and does not cause a bulge.

Anyway I know i can still get the brackets from dandy. Has anyone made any of these roof struts?
And why did dandy not put them on the destiny?
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Roof Pools

Post by Helen on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 5:36 pm

Mike did, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There doesn't seem to be a template for Dandy's, my designer could do with an extra one over the bed. My daughters had a water inlet and mine didn't ... cost of one is about £5 so I don't know why they didn't put one on mine

manchestercamper

Post by manchestercamper on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

You say they are £5 where from. Im sure dandy quoted over £30 for each one. plus the cost of the brackets.

I had a dandy 5 which had 2 on the sofa side so you could put coat hangers and use it as a coths rail.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:00 pm

I'll see if I can find the link from last time I had a moan about not having one Very Happy We have two support poles on the sofa side, one is classed as a clothes rail but the roof over the bed side would benefit from an extra one too.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:05 pm

I bought the brackets and clips from riva cant remember the price,one pole i had from a previous dandy the second is frame from a frame tent,now covered in white tape,after doing it i did see some white tubing in B&Q that may do it but cant remember the price.

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:07 pm

Found this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Looking around at suppliers, you are correct, they range from the low £20's to almost £50 but when you consider the cost of Dandy's brand new you wouldn't think they wouldn't just put them in as at the time of building mine it would have been a lot less ........ just saying perhaps some bits we're just missed off some

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 7:20 pm

Bought white clothes rails 19mm in diameter(i think a pack of 5) 4ft long from toolstation.
They do a pack of longer ones also. Check on the net. Pete. Smile

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 7:22 pm

Sorry i forgot about £10 for a pack of 5 4ft long.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 8:24 am