Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

'Pimping Your Dandy'

The Admiral

'Pimping Your Dandy'

Post by The Admiral on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:02 pm

Over the past few days have been looking at some of the sales literature/dvd's for the Riva Dandy's and certain other FC manufacturers. In the photos there were plants, pot pourri bowls, lanterns, photo frames and other assorted nik naks.

Does anyone actually go camping with stuff like that to pimp up their pride and joy affraid , or it just for the brochures? It might sound silly but I actually quite like the idea of dressing Olivia up a bit, just wondered if anyone else did it.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: 'Pimping Your Dandy'

Post by Helen on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:27 pm

Actually I have some bits to make it look pretty Laughing I found a large plastic glass that makes a good flower vase, I have table lamps, also solar fairy lights, table cloth and probably more than I prepared to admit to What a Face

I'm guilty of staging a bottle of wine, vase of flowers and two wine glasses directly on a table in front of the awning window Embarassed the wine didn't stay long though and we had visitors coming to see the Dandy in action lol!
Esermalda

Post by Esermalda on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:29 pm

Did buy some dried flowers and a vase, these stay in the unit and travel with us.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:35 pm

Esermalda wrote:Did buy some dried flowers and a vase, these stay in the unit and travel with us.

dried flowers are a great idea

I'm just pleased someone else admitted to flowers Laughing

Go for it Jayne, have fun ..... dress Olivia up cheers

manchestercamper

Post by manchestercamper on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm

Hi
We mainly go camping on the continent. We tend to buy a flowering plant when we get other there and take it around with us and leave it on the table at the front of the unit.

At in the evening we light our unit with t light lamps that a from memories of camping and caravanning trailer tent meets.
But interestingly the Dutch just seem to love to use candles at night, particularly where there is a number of them together gathered in say a small camping field.

Is Basel decorative? It seems to be imperative if you are Italian. When we were traveling in Italy every caravan and tent had there own basal plant. So we bought one but my wife always wanting to take in waifs and strays we ended up with a collection of abandoned Basel plants. I kid you not - every little helps.

Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:34 pm

I do tea lights and solar powered, silk flowers ( but now going overseas again ) will go for live pot plants, crochet blankets , carpet in the awning to make it cozy (lift during the day when out) wallpaper the walls now and de-cal windows oh now making bunting for her to put on guy ropes
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:49 am

The Admiral wrote:Over the past few days have been looking at some of the sales literature/dvd's for the Riva Dandy's and certain other FC manufacturers. In the photos there were plants, pot pourri bowls, lanterns, photo frames and other assorted nik naks.

Does anyone actually go camping with stuff like that to pimp up their pride and joy affraid , or it just for the brochures? It might sound silly but I actually quite like the idea of dressing Olivia up a bit, just wondered if anyone else did it.

Just howled laughing at this. The term Pot Pourri.
I was brought up as R.C. but might be described as either somewhere between backslider (Irish term) to atheist. However upon being in church with she who had to be obeyed witnessed a classic line.
For one reason or another there was a lack of fresh flowers and dried scented petals were left in bowls. The vicar upon alighting the altar made a statement about the dried flowers and stated: "There Will Be No Pot Pourri In The Church Of England" Apart from me falling over laughing I think the statement generally went over the congregations heads.

This isn't a joke (well it was meant as one by the vicar) a vicar did actually say this.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:26 am

I love the look of crochet blankets, soft colours, bunting and florals ...... we chose the navy for the seating for practicality with the dog and the little ones ..... I want lilac coloured seating now bounce bounce bounce it'll have to wait a bit but it feels like we've had the navy for so long and a change is always nice.

Silk flowers sound good too, my 'vase' is a deep pink so when I'm ready I'm going to hunt for some silk iris's and find something else to put in with them. The extra shelf we made is great for putting stuff like that on Very Happy
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 9:43 am

Have been known to moon out of the window does that count affraid
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 9:45 am

Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:00 am

mike wrote:Have been known to moon out of the window does that count affraid

That is a different type of pimping Mike.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:02 am

Phoenix wrote:
mike wrote:Have been known to moon out of the window does that count affraid

That is a different type of pimping Mike.

It didnt work anyway never earnt any money
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:54 pm

Bought a couple of lanterns last week and ordered some rechargeable colour changing LED t-lights to go in them. They arrived today and look really pretty, looking forward to using them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:04 am