Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

What makes you a happy camper

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:01 am

What is it about a campsite that makes your stay a pleasurable one, we're all individuals and must have different preferences/expectations.

If the little one is with us we like a site that's child friendly with facilities for children, a bath is a bonus when we take our granddaughter and a playgrounds nice too. Noise levels are important when we take her because she's a light sleeper, so we try to get pitched where we know we won't be bothered by noise but don't spoil anyone else's fun. When she isn't with us we pitch amongst all the action, we like to see people enjoying themselves and love to stay up late enjoying company and having a drink and a laugh. What site we go to and where we pitch depends on our circumstances at the time Very Happy I like sites where we can pitch where we choose, quite basic but with lovely scenery again EHU depends on if we have children with us but for just the two of us we prefer not to have it as we don't require a marked pitch and can plonk ourselves wherever we choose.
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: What makes you a happy camper

Post by mike on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:45 am

No one else on site
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:48 am

Victors Back

warning ...... watch out he's a grumpy old git with a wicked sense of humour cheers
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:04 am

If possible I also like to be within striking distance of a pub that also serves good food and probably due to where we live ............ I do like to be beside the seaside oh I do like to be beside the sea Laughing
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:16 am

Suppose such a good question deserves a better answer,what makes me a happy camper varies depending on the reason i am there,take woodhall i would never book there for Nancy and I to holliday its not our type of site,its big,close to town and takes children affraid but when you come to something like the dandycampers meet its a spot on site.Plenty of space close to town,facility's second to none,i doubt any member would go away with bad memory's of the site so that is one less reason for concern for me,some of the absolute s**t holes i have seen where meets are held because its cheap are embarrassing,so a woodhall type site for meets makes me happy.
When its just Nancy and myself we look for a small quiet site like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]in the country side, nice views, toilet and showers and not too expensive,my first wife and i used to camp with some friends and we had a great time,we worked it so we did our own thing during the day and sat around talking and drinking in the evening in truth ime not a lone camper i like the mix of our own space and some good company at the same time.
jake001

Post by jake001 on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:16 pm

A 5 van site (CS/CL depending on the club) behind a pub with shower and toilets drunken
severebrainfailure

Post by severebrainfailure on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:07 pm

... an empty greenfield site with no-one else for miles would suit me best. Commercial sites can be fine, but if i wanted to park in a marked bay next to other people, i'd go to tescos...!

navver

Post by navver on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:33 am

I like a site where people are friendly and chat. I like something to do on site for those days when we don't go somewhere, like fishing. That gives a help with making friends as there is a common interest. I like a god view of the campers putting tents up in the rain & wind.

I like children on site as it adds to the life, but I want them well behaved, polite and considerate. If there are noisy activities on site for them, where they will be squealing (girls), I want them at least a mile away.

I want it quiet after 11.00pm. I like a small intimate bar and find that better than people drinking in groups by their unit.

I do not like huge sites.

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:09 am

Been here a couple of time off season, park where you want, no restrictions when you leave or arrive during the day, club on site,entertainment on a Saturday night reasonably priced beer, cafe for breakfast during the summer, supposed to charge for awning but didn't, and a mile from skegness, will be going sometime in may again (would be ideal for a meet). Pete Smile

wingnut1

Post by wingnut1 on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:02 pm

NO feral squalking brats !!!!
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:33 pm

We prefer Adult Only sites and I do like a high standard of facilities, somewhere quiet no clubhouses etc on site would be my ideal. Having said that I've stayed on sites that don't match any of those criteria and still had a brilliant time.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:39 pm

wingnut1 wrote:NO feral squalking brats !!!!

Thought you would have the perfect cure for gobby kids who always want to be where they shouldn't.

Invite them and their vacant parents out for the day with you.

Or are the crowds kept further back now to stop them picking up "Darwin Awards".

wingnut1

Post by wingnut1 on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:13 pm

someone has great taste !!!..
the car that changed the whole ralling scene, from there on, to win you had to have four wheel drive.
at one stage audi sport quattros were pushing out 600 BHP.
look at this link of good old walter at pikes peak.

thats back in the days when men were men and women drove for audi (michelle mouton)

think i now need to have a very cold shower,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 5:22 pm