Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

found a dandy by accident now im in love

loolou

found a dandy by accident now im in love

Post by loolou on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:03 am

hi

well found a dandy trailer tent online and have fallen in love with them. i don't own one but am trying to convert the husband.

we have a canvas trailer tent which yes are lovely but a pain to put away when its wet. we store ours 30 miles down the road at my parents so its a nightmare. love the fact with a dandy you can just pack away and relax

now i need advice on which one. there is 3 of us. hubby me and our son. a awing is a must as is a heating. we like to go away just before the season so heating would be good.

would greatly love some advice

Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: found a dandy by accident now im in love

Post by Helen on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:58 am

Heaters are nice but you could go for one without if you intend using electric hook up, convector heaters are good as are fan heaters. I'd go for the bigger Dandy's, perhaps a Designer or Discovery and even bigger a 6 it all depends on budget but the older ones are just as good and a 5 would do. I'd advise insulated for out of season camping but people do camp all year in uninsulated Dandy's and are happy enough, others have managed to create DIY insulation.

loolou

Post by loolou on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:03 pm

there is a dandy 6 a 1980 going on e-bay 4 days left bidding at £112 that seems low and i wonder if it needs any work. its a brown dandy. but i don't know to much about them. i have e-mailed him asking for more info

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:07 pm

The price tends to go up towards the end of the auction and can go even higher in the last seconds.

I've found the 6, it doesn't look fully insulated and the units appear to be the older type low units without a cooker and grill.

If your husband needs any more convincing, next time he's struggling with a wet and heavy canvas remind him Dandy's don't soak water up and therefore are the same weight going home as they were when you towed it there ..... it's really surprising how much heavier to tow a water soaked canvas can be affraid
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:13 pm

I know of someone selling a lovely 6 for £600 ono with full dandy awning the high cupboards with cooker and grill and it's had an interior make over too although not fully insulated it looks great and you can easily add insulation to a 6, if your interested I'll pass your details on. Alternatively you can take a look at it here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some of Our Dandy Campers video's .... just so you can see all the different kinds, the 3rd one is of our annual get together and shows just how friendly and helpful Dandy Campers are Very Happy The last one is Phoenix, and shows what can be done even when it seems impossible, I'm not suggesting you get one that needs lots of work ..... just don't write off the ones that may need a little work if you have a smaller budget.

Last edited by Helen on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

loolou

Post by loolou on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:00 pm

Helen wrote:The price tends to go up towards the end of the auction and can go even higher in the last seconds.

I've found the 6, it doesn't look fully insulated and the units appear to be the older type low units without a cooker and grill.

If your husband needs any more convincing, next time he's struggling with a wet and heavy canvas remind him Dandy's don't soak water up and therefore are the same weight going home as they were when you towed it there ..... it's really surprising how much heavier to tow a water soaked canvas can be affraid

and its me who does the towing so i think it's upto me lol!

not heard back from the person from e-bay so i'll think i hang on there.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

Good luck and if you need any assistance or advice just ask Very Happy

loolou

Post by loolou on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

loolou

Good luck in your search for your perfect Dandy. bounce bounce

loolou

Post by loolou on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:15 pm

eskidave

Post by eskidave on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:25 pm

hi i also fell in love with dandys and last year bought a fully insulated designer with under floor heating and awning for 1k. initially i thought this was expensive for a 22 year old unit but after a couple of outings in the lovely weather we had last year soon changed my mind . we find the designer is ample big enough for 2 adults and 1 teenager especially with the awning.Ah ! the awning --- 1st time up took us 2 hours working from the supplied instructions --- 2nd time up we reduced this to 1 1/2 hours and the 3rd time to just under an hour so we are getting better and considering were newbies i dont think were doing too badly ---- by the time we retire ( 15 years to go ) we should be expert. but dont be put off , i can get the unit up on my own in 15 mins from taking the cover off . we have never been cold even with hard frosts and possibly the only fault we have found is that in cold weather the awning has lots of condensation inside first thing in the morning . but inside the trailer it has always been dry and i guess thats because of the fully insulated walls and roof . hope this has been useful and if you need anymore unbiased info please ask

navver

Post by navver on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:29 pm

How old is your son. We have found as they get older they want their own pup tent. It's surprisng how quick they grow up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 25 May 2018, 4:03 am