Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Strange Old Dandy

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Strange Old Dandy

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:51 pm

Dear All

Just posted a piece that required finding images. Just because you do, I entered Dandy Trailer Tent and this was one of the images.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now I think I know that blue ones were produced in parallel to the original green ones, but green roof.

If you look it's strap hinges on the door fold as well.

Anyone any ideas?

Kevin.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Strange Old Dandy

Post by Helen on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:08 pm

Is it just me or does it look like it may be more canvas than pvc Question It could be that someone has redone the whole roof and walls at some point. rabbit
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

walls look shiny like PVC but roof certainly looks like canvas
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

This could be the one i saw on ebay last year the seller claimed to have put a canvass roof on it due to the excessive weight of the original,think it was cos he couldn't get a proper replacement as i believe Ian doesn't make roofs any more.

mike
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

Yes Mike,

I saw that one, the pvc sides had been replaced with more pvc (so not an original colour) but the roof had been replaced with canvas.

It may not be the same one but does look like it.

Personally if i were to have anything replaced with canvas it definately would not be the roof, the fact that we have a pvc roof helps me sleep at night.

lol!
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:54 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:Yes Mike,

I saw that one, the pvc sides had been replaced with more pvc (so not an original colour) but the roof had been replaced with canvas.

It may not be the same one but does look like it.

Personally if i were to have anything replaced with canvas it definately would not be the roof, the fact that we have a pvc roof helps me sleep at night.

lol!

No not a good idea,i suppose if my roof became damaged and i couldn't get a new one my first option would be by a old 6 and use the roof,canvas would at least allow me to keep it but it would have to be removable for drying,the more i think about the more it seams not worth the bother.

mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:45 pm