Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

help with working undefloor heating

nickyw

help with working undefloor heating

Post by nickyw on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

hello I have just bought a dandy destiny 6 berth it has underfloor heating can someone please tell me how to use it. also there is like a car battery in the frontbox what is it for. I also have a delta dandy and this house normal plug sockets inside but the destiny does not is it standard many thanks
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: help with working undefloor heating

Post by mike on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:08 pm

nickyw wrote:hello I have just bought a dandy destiny 6 berth it has underfloor heating can someone please tell me how to use it. also there is like a car battery in the frontbox what is it for. I also have a delta dandy and this house normal plug sockets inside but the destiny does not is it standard many thanks

to the forum,i have a underfloor heater but dont use it so will let someone else explain,i think it sounds like your destiny does not have mains 240volt fitted.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:11 pm

If you dont have 240 volt fitted this is the easy way

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

Actually we need to know this as well, can't see us using it very often as 99.9% of the time we're on EHU but I'd like to know how it works.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 4:11 pm

You take the guard off, turn the dial to the little star - press it down and hold it down, then press the igniter button you'll be able to see it spark through the little glass viewing hole when it remains lit then stop pressing the button and slowly release the dial - put the protective grill in place. There are usually instructions on the metal plate that covers the heater when not in use.

Welcome to the Dandy Campers
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm

Thanks Helen, sounds the same as my Mom's old central heating boiler. Now as poor Minnie didn't have such a thing I'm going to have to ask a very stupid question - how do you connect it to the gas supply?
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope you can read this,as for connecting it may already be connected,mine is on a six and the solid pipe runs to the front of the dandy where you would fit the gas hose.

mike
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 4:58 pm

Think we'll have to have a look/try next time we take her out.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

On our designer there's tap for the heater, If you look in the bottom left cupboard under your cooker you should see two taps (if it's in the same place as ours) one is for your gas supply to the cooker and the other is for the gas supply to the heater.
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:33 pm

I'll get Nigel to have a look in May.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:51 pm

I'm trying to trype on this, I'm mid trype but 2 things 1) weren't we to have locked this section? 2) I still can't get the link key to work.
Can you see the missing or surplus text in. [url=Low Pressure Hose][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:34 pm

The links not working Kevin ...... yes we did originally lock this area but if we do that now both our moderators would also be locked out so we decided to move threads as necessary to Dandy chat which I'll do now. Laughing
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:22 pm

The underfloor heater on my old Designer was 'plumbed-in' directly to the gas supply so it was just a case of turning the control and pressing the ignition.

Looking at options for the Designer, I can't find anything better than the old underfloor heater so if anyone spots one for sale let me know (I have a search set up on ebay).

Regarding the battery nickyw, that will be for internal lights and electric water pump. If you're not kitted out for EHU then you probably won't have a charger fitted and will need to use a seperate charger at home to keep the battery topped-up. Don't let it run down completely or it will be permanently damaged (although if it's a few years old it may not be in great shape anyway)

If you want any further advice on mains or 12V electrics just shout Laughing

nickyw

Post by nickyw on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:33 pm

Thank you for you help on the heating. As for the electric I'm still a bit baffled as to how I use lighting and the water pump from the battery at the front as there is no sockets inside the trailer. Think I might just stick with my delta she seems a lot less complicated. I only got the destiny as its bigger.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:49 am

We don't have sockets either, we have a set up where we have a cigarette lighter type socket that connects to the battery and pulls up inside the dandy between the pvc and bedframe ..... the pump plugs into this by a connector that fits into the socket.

Ours has 3 sockets so we can run lights and even a small tv

Something like this but with longer wire and clips that go on the battery

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

nickyw

Help needed with the roof rope

Post by nickyw on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:06 am

I took the dandy away last weekend in high winds I pulled the roof rope a little to hard and the rope pulled all the way through any ideas how to rethread it thanks

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:47 am

your going to need some sort of flexible rod, like a thin fiberglass fishing rod you can feed through the slot,you can then add sections till it comes out the other end.
You will then be able to tie new rope to the end of the rod and pull it back through.
You will need to use masking tape over any sections you join to stop them coming apart when you pull it back through.
And also spray any rod and the rope with silicon spray, that will make it a lot easier.Pete

navver

Post by navver on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:02 am

Electricians use a thing called a fish to pull cables through conduits. Handy if you can borrow one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If not you may be able to thread a piece of stiff electrical cable through if you can keep the roof flat. Then fix the rope to the cable with PVC insulation tape and pull it back through. Make sure the cable is the type used for fixed wiring not flex.

Drain rods is another possibility. They screw together to about 10m length.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:20 pm

I wonder if curtain net wire would help, just because it's fairly cheap for a very long length, you could try to attach string/rope to the end and feed the wire through then pull gently until the ropes through.

nickyw

Post by nickyw on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:48 pm

Ok thanks for the ideas will give them ago

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 7:53 pm