Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

What have I gone and done?

jake001

What have I gone and done?

Post by jake001 on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:02 am

I've just gone out and bought myself another Dandy puller, as if one wasn't enough What a Face A huge great bus of a Toyota Estima, 18 years old and the price of a very good Designer affraid It is 4wd which will be good for boggy sites but is heavy on the diesel at a bit over 30mpg on runs, less about town Crying or Very sad The middle row of seats swivels, ideal for picnics, and with the rear seats folded there's enough space for even Helen to have problems filling [she could always fit the roof box]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've done 400 kms (it's an import Kevin Smile ) in the last two days with two trips to Wales and everything seems to work cheers so fingers crossed

The view from Penrhyn Castle towards the mountains yesterday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: What have I gone and done?

Post by Helen on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:38 am

It looks great Jake very smart and the 4WD will come in very handy on wet fields

I like the idea of swivelling seats, very handy to park up on days out ..... as for the space, I've been inside one I although they are spacious I assure you I'd fill it and a roof box

We not only have the Dandy but a caravan too and the car and roofbox are still filled to the brim no matter which unit we're towing lol!

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:20 pm

Congratulations Jake.

400KM 4,000KM 40,000KM or 400,000KM ?

RHD so Japanese import?

There is a comment I so want to put on but as a moderator who was moderated yesterday I'd better not make it.

You just want a bigger Dandy to tow so you can fill the Estima up.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:30 pm

If it runs on veg oil you can have mine from the chip pan if you come to woodhall
jake001

Post by jake001 on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Congratulations Jake.

400KM 4,000KM 40,000KM or 400,000KM ?
150,000KM in total, 420KM by me
RHD so Japanese import?
Yes
There is a comment I so want to put on but as a moderator who was moderated yesterday I'd better not make it.

You just want a bigger Dandy to tow so you can fill the Estima up.

Some people do run them on veggie, you can get fresh (rapeseed preferred) @ around £1/litre from supermarkets (if you shop around), 40p cheaper than diesel Very Happy It's a fairly old design and will run on most things. Waste oil can be a problem unless properly filtered and treated. I need to find out more about it study
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 7:00 pm

I'm not that far from you what supermarket?

The Perkins derived Rover engine will take anything.
jake001

Post by jake001 on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:29 pm

Asda Westbrook last saturday evening, own brand £3.00 3 litre, Crisp and Dry £2.00 2 Litre.
Although I know that people do run on veg in combination with varying proportions of derv or even petrol without apparent problems I don't think that I would try it until I have done a lot more research. What I have gleaned today on the web concerning long term problems with carbonisation and possible degredation of seals gives me pause for thought.

More investigation required before I'm convinced study

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Sep 2018, 10:10 am